Official Movie talk for those who HAVE seen it. SPOILERS GALORE

Starscream49

Great Film........my only real gripe was with the battle between Megs and Prime......Prime pretty much got his ass handed to him. They always seemed to be equals in the past......then Prime pretty much saying he may not be able to defeat him.......and using the matrix as a last resort.

Sweet Parts that stuck with me-

Rachet and Ironhide protecting Sam through the city......using tactical rolls and stuff...AWESOME!!!

Ironhide catching the fact that it was Starscream......

HOW COOL was the Autobot introduction scene!!!......when they all landed and took their forms and first reported in and met Bumblebee/Sam/Mikala.....Jazz break dancing.....Bumblebee moving around like a boxer, taking jabs at the air.....AWESOME STUFF!!

Peter Cullen....NUFF SAID!!!!!

Prime making short work of BoneCrusher....with an energy blade.

Ironhide calling the parents annoying....."Can't we off them Prime..." something along those lines...

Things that annoyed me.....

Jazz getting dealt with......although it made the movie real.....I can't argue that fact....it still sucked though.

Bumblebee's voice at the end....totally didn't fit the character for the movie......younger and not british would have been much better.

Great Film overall!!!!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re STarscream... he had lots of time in the flick he just didn't really speak much ?at all?.. I forget now :S maybe they are saving him more for the next film I think... I thought you could just tell this starscream was waiting for the right chance to off megatron but he never had the need too in the end... & if megs did get the allspark (which most likely scared SS) he would want to be in his goodbooks because megs then would be too powerfull!

I am sure we will see much more of him next film which will be great as someone else said he will most likely be leading the decepticons for ... a short while ... :D :D

Rika Undersea base LOL I think everyone called that! THats all they use to do in the old g1 toon half the time :D Also "Seibertron" ?.. For some reason I always thought it was cybertron?.. :S weird! & frenzy most likely reminded you out of something from starwars eps 1-3 :S with all the alien chitchat...

I'd like to add that Megatron's voice actor sounded a lot like Nemoy's galvatron from the old movie.

And Frenzy sounded a lot like Slimer or something from the 80's to me. I didn't like Frenzy at all. It was nice to have a robot that the humans could deal with though. Oh Synch might have called it, maybe he sounded like that little piece of crap that hangs off of jabba?

What I didn't like about it was Michael Bay. The shameless product placement and all the other flaws are surprisingly easily over-looked, but Bay's style just didn't do it justice. He zoomed in and shook the camera around for the action sequences, which not only made them hard to follow, but made me nauseous.

I liked the little easter egg with the beetle next to Bumblebee in the beginning. That was a nice touch. Still, I felt like a tool of marketing when Bay did the "money shot" of Bumblebee when reformatted as the new camaro.

Word!

Jazz getting dealt with......although it made the movie real.....I can't argue that fact....it still sucked though

I didn't mind his death. I didn't like the way Prime was holding him up like he's just a thing with the unceremonius farewell to him.

Yea, "cybertron" is the planet, "seibertron" is a fansite. :P

Seibertron is also the Japanese name for Cybertron. ;)

My only problems with the movie are these:

Megatron crashed into the Arctic Circle "thousands of years ago," presumably without finding the Cube. Yet, he etched a map to its location in Archibald's glasses.

Optimus used the glasses to project a global map, to find the Cube's location which should have been the location Megatron pinpointed for it

Megatron was found by Captain Witwicky in the 1930's, right? And the Cube had actually been found in 1913. Megs had no way of knowing that, nor could he have known about it being moved to Hoover Dam after the fact.

So why, then, did Prime determine the Cube's location (from the map on the glasses) was "230-something miles" from where they were standing, and head for the Dam??

Also.. all that crap from Bay and the others about "NO MASS-SHIFTING" 'cause it's "teh stupid!"... but what did they call the Cube folding in on itself to become a fraction of its original size?? Sure looked like mass-shifting to me.

What I didn't like about it was Michael Bay. The shameless product placement and all the other flaws are surprisingly easily over-looked, but Bay's style just didn't do it justice. He zoomed in and shook the camera around for the action sequences, which not only made them hard to follow, but made me nauseous.

I liked the little easter egg with the beetle next to Bumblebee in the beginning. That was a nice touch. Still, I felt like a tool of marketing when Bay did the "money shot" of Bumblebee when reformatted as the new camaro.

Word!

Jazz getting dealt with......although it made the movie real.....I can't argue that fact....it still sucked though

I didn't mind his death. I didn't like the way Prime was holding him up like he's just a thing with the unceremonius farewell to him.

yeah I found that weird as well... I'll just hold these parts of his body here like this and swing them around weeeeeeeee! I also got a very Shakespeare type vibe from it too though... yknow the entire holding the skull thing :S either way it was quite weird . regarding the " he shameless product placement" ... Well to be fair thats all transformers ever has been expect for toys... & transformers has used realistic cars in g1 I believe so why not now? :D They have simply taken it to the next level... I never even noticed anything about it other than the Dewbot in the movie but I guess all that stuff is even right down to the cellphone stuff... :S Was the radio frenzy transformed into a actual product as well? Funny stuff!

Now that you talk about it though I did have a urge to go out and buy a cab the same type as optimus and get it al decoed up & a choper like blackout :P & even a new camaro like BB but thats just because I liked there charecters so much however I could never aford such things HEH maybe some day if I win the loto... However I actaully kinda want a old camaro now more :P I wonder how much old used ones go for :P

Megatron crashed into the Arctic Circle "thousands of years ago," presumably without finding the Cube. Yet, he etched a map to its location in Archibald's glasses.

Optimus used the glasses to project a global map, to find the Cube's location which should have been the location Megatron pinpointed for it

Megatron was found by Captain Witwicky in the 1930's, right? And the Cube had actually been found in 1913. Megs had no way of knowing that, nor could he have known about it being moved to Hoover Dam after the fact.

So why, then, did Prime determine the Cube's location (from the map on the glasses) was "230-something miles" from where they were standing, and head for the Dam??

Also.. all that crap from Bay and the others about "NO MASS-SHIFTING" 'cause it's "teh stupid!"... but what did they call the Cube folding in on itself to become a fraction of its original size?? Sure looked like mass-shifting to me.

Japan name right... I knew that :D:P! I was a bit confused about the entire thing with the cube as well & asked about it , someone said that the cube was not moved by us humans but the cube was found by us and the dam built around it to hide it & to also prevent any sort of singles or energy the cube may be giving off from getting out... & Megatron knew the cubes crashed location most likely because of those energys given off by it ... but crashed due to some really bad storm or something and bla blal bla there were some other reasons too... I forget what... Magnetic storm or some such...

Megatron once found was then just moved to the dams location. I duno if sams family had anything to do with that other than finding him... I have a feeling he was just writen off by most people as a crazy old guy hence the ice giant tales & such in the newspapers headlines :P

grimlins spoke english though it was critters who had there own lingo

Gizmo and Spike spoke a few words of English. Most of the Gremlins spoke in throaty, squealing gibberish, which sounded almost identical to most of the sounds Frenzy made.

hm Guess I need to watch them again, maybe I am just thinking of #2... :D

Actually Frenzy got on my nerves... he sounded like something from some other movie, and I can't put my finger on it.

Gremlins.

If youve ever seen the Disney movie Dinosaur, Frenzy sounded like those 2 dinosaurs that were fighting over an egg in the beginning of the movie.. he made those crazy sounds.... that fool was comic relief, for sure....

I was highly entertained and my eyes were glued to the screen. F**K all the whiners, complainers, "they didnt do thisers", "they should have done thisers".. eat crap and die.... @firedevil@

I miss gremlins...but yeah...the mass shifting was kind of the lame part of the cube...not believable..but then again, its a movie ;)

Frenzy was NUTS. He kind of sounded like Jawas from Star Wars to me.

I LOVED how when the Decepticons were called to action that Blackout said "HAIL MEGATRON!" Barricade spoke REALLY fast like he was interrogating on a caffine high.

The fact they called Brawl "Devestator" kind of irked me. Also, the subtitles moved WAY too fast when trying to read them. You wanted to keep up with the action on screen but had to read quick moving words.

Very well done i have no complaints at all about this movie...well Jazz's death but oh well...cannot wait for the sequel....at the end Star Scream was heading to outer space, Galvatron in the sequel or maybe Unicron??

John Tutturo funy as hell!!

Peter Cullen outsranding

Hugo Weaving- barley regonized his voice

Oh last word by me MEGAN FOX- Nuff said!!!!!

I'd like to add that Megatron's voice actor sounded a lot like Nemoy's galvatron from the old movie.

And Frenzy sounded a lot like Slimer or something from the 80's to me. I didn't like Frenzy at all. It was nice to have a robot that the humans could deal with though. Oh Synch might have called it, maybe he sounded like that little piece of crap that hangs off of jabba?

That's Salacious Crumb, but I like your name better, lol.

too true

I was highly entertained and my eyes were glued to the screen. F**K all the whiners, complainers, "they didnt do thisers", "they should have done thisers".. eat crap and die.... @firedevil@

I'm w/ you!

Why did Jazz die? Megs only ripped his legs off. What's up with that unceremonius memorial for him by Prime in the end while holding up his remains? Prime was like "he's dead but oh well s*** happens" just like he basically said "s*** happens forget about him" when Bumblebee got captured instead of disarming the humans just like they did not even five minutes before.

What a great leader. :/

The more I reflect on it, Prime wasn't nearly as cool as his g1 counterpart. In the end none of the tfs had much personality. It was mostly the animation that sucked me in. I could stare at that stuff for hours, this is one movie I can't wait for the dvd.

Megs pinpointed the location of the cube but ran out of energy and crashed, went into stasis lock and was frozen before he was able to actually get to it. The cube never moved from where it originally landed, they said in the movie that they built the dam around where the cube was found. It was HUGE so it isn't likely they could have transported it anywhere. And Megs was later moved to the same location.

The image was burned into the glasses when Sam's grandfather accidentally activated his tracking system, it's not like he did it on purpose.

I LOVED every minute of the movie. The Autobots arrival was simply an AMAZING scene, the music with it was absolutely perfect too.

I remember all the #WTF# reactions to Frenzy when we saw the first pics of him, but I thought he really stole the show (at least from the cons end). Especially the way he went out, that was simply priceless!

I don't know what the big deal about the product placement is. How do you go to any big city and NOT see those kinds of things all over the place? I think the Furby truck was thrown in there just to make people who hate those little fuzzballs smile a bit.

Now we saw the tow truck that is coming out as Longarm in the movie, only it had "Mike's Towing" instead of "Orson's." did anyone notice any of the other vehicles coming out around anywhere? I thought that was pretty cool!

I'm on vacation next week so I'll probably go see it again at least once or twice.

Just out of curiosity, if anyone here has already seen it more than once can you say if there was a lot more you noticed that you didn't catch the first time around?

Only gripe: the camera was too close in some action sequences

Two words: Michael Bay.

Yea I know.

Another thing not enough starscream.

But I can see the sequel dealing more with the decepticons, and the bots overall.

Yeah that's another thing I was disappointed with. Starscream was easily one of the coolest decepticons (cartoon and movie) if not the coolest one, yet he had barely any screen time.

Ok now a question, did it ever show what happened to Barricade or Scorponok? Also did they call Brawl, Devastator???

Sequel!

I enjoyed the film as well, I wasn't sure how they'd pull it off, but they did it. I'm ready for more!

Why did Jazz die? Megs only ripped his legs off. What's up with that unceremonius memorial for him by Prime in the end while holding up his remains? Prime was like "he's dead but oh well s*** happens" just like he basically said "s*** happens forget about him" when Bumblebee got captured instead of disarming the humans just like they did not even five minutes before.

What a great leader. :/

that just screamed "ran out of time so let's just wrap it up and finish" if you ask me. the dialogue was just too thrown in and matter of fact to be otherwise IMO. perhaps someone who has read the script can chime in on whether it was handled differently if it is an earlier draft.

Megs pinpointed the location of the cube but ran out of energy and crashed, went into stasis lock and was frozen before he was able to actually get to it. The cube never moved from where it originally landed, they said in the movie that they built the dam around where the cube was found. It was HUGE so it isn't likely they could have transported it anywhere. And Megs was later moved to the same location.

The image was burned into the glasses when Sam's grandfather accidentally activated his tracking system, it's not like he did it on purpose.

yup, the location was always Hoover dam, and that was where Megatron meant to go, but it was explained in the movie that the magnetic waves or something near the arctic messed up Megatrons navigation and caused him to crash in the arctic, not that he was intentionally aiming for it. it is the scene where he Sector 7 folk introduce us to the frozen NBE-1, aka Megatron.

Well I just saw a transformers car ad on tv to buy hondas or whatever they were... I thought it was kinda lame really... I guess it was bound to happen though :P

I just got back from seeing it, and all I can say is...wow. My experience echoes alot of what other people are saying, how everyone loved it, including my wife and my niece, and that in itself is reaching a very broad demographic. (lol) It was awesome on so many levels. And people applauded at the end as well where I was too. I've been to only a handful of movies where the audience did that at the end. Spectacular.

I loved how Bumblebee "spoke" through radio transmissions. I just loved Bumblebee in general. ("Bee-Yotch", "Satan's Camaro", anyone?) (lol)He just about stole the show for me. And I loved the whole mysterious "government-conspiracy-that-goes-way-back" scenario surrounding Megatron. And...it was cool how we are introduced to a Transformer's personality through Barricade; you see this police car turn into this alien killing machine, and then all of a sudden it starts talking and asking questions, kinda like a Terminator. It was jarrring when seen through they eyes of Spike Witwicky and very cool.

Speaking of which, I loved the part that Shia LeBeouf played. I think this is really his break-out role. He was great. The only actor I couldn't get behind was John Turturro. I mean, I love the guy, I really do. I've loved him in everything he's ever been in, including Anger Management, which was a turkey of a movie I thought, but that's neither here nor there. It's just...I don't know. He's funny in it, as always, but I can't see an FBI agent acting like he did and saying the things he did. Ah...it's a minor detail I know, 'cause really I love him, just not in this part. Too wacky for an FBI agent IMO. But anyway...

Loved Megatron. Loved, loved, LOVED him! And it's so ironic because I really wanted Frank Welker to be Megs, but I was okay with Hugo Weaving doing it; I knew he'd really do the character justice. But I say it's ironic 'cause I've recently entertained the notion that Clancy Brown (a.k.a. The Kurgan in "Highlander") would have done an excellent Megatron, and that's exactly how Hugo Weaving ended-up sounding to me after the robotic "voice effects" were added for the movie. So ironic and very cool. Weaving did a great job.

Optimus Prime. He was my hero as a kid, and he didn't disappoint in the movie. There were times I thought he did a little too much posturing and speech-making, but hey...that's Prime for ya, I suppose. True to character I guess. But I'm like others in that it was so cool how he took out Bonecrusher. Suprising and brutal, but very cool nonetheless. And I guess that was kind of a nod to his energon ax-thingy he had on the show. Oh, and I like how during his battle with Megs at the end, he says, "At the end of this day, one shall stand, one shall fall!" I was cool how Bay worked in some of the more classic lines like that from the animated movie/tv show.

I also thought it was chilling, just before Megatron was reactivated, and all of the Decepticons were converging at Hoover Dam, how Blackout says at the end of his transmission, "All Hail Megatron!" So very cool...

I also loved how Transformers in general seemed to be almost organic in nature, like they could instantaneously adapt to their surroundings and blend in, almost like a transmutating/evolutionary techno-organism. I liked that take on them alot.

And I know alot of people are complaing about Michael Bay's shots during the action sequences as being too "closed-in" or too claustrophobic, or tight, or whatever you'd call it for a lack of a better term, but I thought that seemed to make it more documentary-like in nature, as if you were right in the middle of the fight and it was your view-point as a by-stander, as if you had been caught up in it all. I thought it was cool and more realistic that way. But maybe that's just me...

And guys (and girls), I'll have to admit to getting a little choked-up whenever Prime and the others made their debut, with the almost angelic-choir music in the background. I was just very unexpectedly (and slightly) emotional during that sequence, and I don't really know why. Maybe it was the culmination of waiting over twenty years to see something like that, but it struck me in a way that I wasn't ready for or aware that I would be.

It was just so awesome, and worth the long, long wait. I'd like to see it at least two more times. I'm like others in that I could watch the action sequences and transformations over and over and over again. It was just so mesmerizing. Amazing, like..."How in the world did they animate that?!" amazing. (lol) Truly phenominal. It was seemingly the most dazzling destruction I've ever seen in a movie. But what would you expect from giant robots wreaking havoc upon one-another, right?

Oh, and one more thing; some of you all have been wondering what Frenzy reminds you of and you just can't place it...for me he reminds me of those irritating Buzz Droids at the beginning of Revenge of the Sith.

I guess that's all I have to say for now. I'm still in the stunned/thrilled/overwhelmed mode I guess, so I'm sure other things will come back to me as I ponder the movie some more. It was the perfect balance of action, suspense, sci-fi, love-story, disaster movie, all rolled into one. Just awesome.

Now that i look into the credits alittle more, Lucas Arts did the animation or so it says. So that would be why Frenzy was like a Buzz Droid.

Plus JJ and myself were talking...at the end did Prime call Megatron brother?? Was it brother like robot brother or are they related?? I never knew that growing up, can someone enlighted me?