Official Movie talk for those who HAVE seen it. SPOILERS GALORE

Starscream49

Again this is your last warning. If you read on the movie will be spoiled.

OMG, how great was this movie?????? I loved every second of it. I was afraid they wouldn't let humans die, but YES they did. I was afraid TFs wouldnt die, but Ill be damned if they didn't, and violently at that. Jazz ripped in half. Bonecrusher beheaded. I was so surprised.

I loved Bumblebee when he was in the beginning playing the music with Sam and Mikaela.

Ok now a question, did it ever show what happened to Barricade or Scorponok? Also did they call Brawl, Devastator???

What are the thoughts of those who have seen it?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the movie was great. Great efects, great action. Was pleased as punch with Cullen as prime. Even thought it was probably the only way they could go in a live action version, I still thought it was too far removed from Transformers. All spark cube? I just didnt like that hole thing at all. But dont get me wrong, great movie! Worth every peney, in fact, im gonna see it again, no dobt. I actually had a bad seat, cause our advanced showing was crowded as heck!

Fakeor

I loved that they learned to speak from the worl wide web.

My bad.

Sup B!tches.

haha

I also loved Ironhide, "Shall I kill his parents"......."Well I just saying its an option".

scorp went underground, barracade was last seen on the highway before bonecrusher transformed, brawl was called devastator.

loved every minute of it. great action and funny as hell. cant wait to see it again.

oh and frenzy saying oh sh1t...great

THat was a DAMN good movie. There was so much action and the battles that it kept me going the whole time. The setup took a little long for everything, but you have to expect it in a beginning movie.

The Autobots themselves were okay. I didn't like Ironhide's voice, but Ratchet was what I expected. Jazz was cool(Poor Jazz.....). Bumblebee was the highlight obviously and PRIME was spot on. Optimus just kicks BUTT! It's only his face that's a little weird. But I do like how they used LOTS of little metal parts for their faces. Ratchet sniffing Sam's pheromones was pretty funny.

Megatron was wicked. His scenes were well worth it and is jet mode RULES. I still think Hugo Weaving wasn't the BEST choice, but it worked. Perhaps when Megs comes back they'll use Welker because of the damage done to him! I felt Starscream was underused. He could have had so many awesome scenes but it looks like they're saving that for the sequel. Tis a pity the other Decepticons only felt like REALLY TOUGH cronnies that were taken out REALLY fast. Barricade I think will appear in the sequel for sure.

How cool was it that the Decepticons are dropped into the sea? Now they'll come back in their undersea base! I'm also happy Bumblebee's voice was brought back even though he sounds a little old for the character I'm used to.

Ok there were some very minor problems with the movie. They wouldn't have been minor if the movie sucked, but since it was so FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!! I can look past them.

I think Blackout is dead, lame way to die. Barricade, Scorp, and Starscream are who I think survived. Brawl, Megs, Blackout, and Bonecrusher are supposedly dead. Along with Jazz. How lame was it to choose Jazz to die. IMO it should have been ironhide and he should have died in a blaze of glory. It's so cliche to kill the black...bot first. Plus Jazz is a favorite of mine.

That's one thing I didn't care for though. His black stereotype was annoying but the major issue was most of the tfs had no personalities. This leads me to believe, in the best way possible, any sequel will be far better. We'll get more tfs than government meddling. Of course that was necessary for a first film, and the film was awesome, but more robots in disguise for the second movie would be really nice.

Effects were awesome. People say there was no storyline but I thought it wrapped itself nicely at the end. The humans were sort of personality-less as well, aside from Spike/Sam.

Overall really awesome. I hope they make a toy of the mountain dewbot. I know hasbro said they won't, but I really really want them to.

Audience reaction was HUGE. Most applause I've ever heard at the end. Lots of whooing when bots made their first appearances. I didn't care for the more sexualized jokes aside from the masterbation bit. That was pretty funny.

omg you are putting race on transformers?.. Dude you suck! :P & thats really over thinking things!! Transformers are not black or white they are transformers! JAzz is jazz & always has been!! Nuff said! :D You guys seem to feel the same way I did about the movie for the most parts along with every other post I have read about the movie so far I've yet to read anyone who really hated it :D

Oh I am wondering though how was the crowd reaction for you guys?.. Maybe cause it was a early showing that I went to but Everyone would clap after the cool parts or there would be loud Wooooooos! & things like that from excited people! & claping or laughing during g1 lines thrown in the movie too :)

It was kinda neat at mine though cause everyone was doing it you could just feel the excitement about the movie by everyone

honestly I loved it! my only problem was with the voices. Except for Prime, Jazz, Megatron, and barricade I didn't like them at all. Why did Ironhide have to be Australian ? Why couldn't Starscream have more of a whiny voice? Thats my only fanboy moment for the day.

The battle between Prime and Bonecrusher and Prime was the highlight, with starscream taking out the other jets being a close second. Jazz getting killed was kind-of shocking because he was always my favorite autobot. I really hope that Bay gets working on the second movie right away, cause I can't wait!

Dude jazz is totally black. There are no doubts. He may not have the skin but he has the personality of what is the stereotype of black people. There is a huge human element to the transformers, usually race isn't a big deal with the others. But Jazz is almost only known for being black.

Let me say that I agree with you, I don't normally assign any race to transformers. That's sort of the problem with using human voice actors though, they do have a race and their voice sort of carries over. In this case though it was obvious jazz was a black stereotype. I wouldn't say optimus prime is a white cowboy or anything, but the way they presented jazz it was kind of annoying. A good example of possibly black without being a race would be blaster.

honestly I loved it! my only problem was with the voices. Except for Prime, Jazz, Megatron, and barricade I didn't like them at all. Why did Ironhide have to be Australian ? Why couldn't Starscream have more of a whiny voice? Thats my only fanboy moment for the day.

The battle between Prime and Bonecrusher and Prime was the highlight, with starscream taking out the other jets being a close second. Jazz getting killed was kind-of shocking because he was always my favorite autobot. I really hope that Bay gets working on the second movie right away, cause I can't wait!

YOU DID NOT LIKE OPS?!?! Or am I reading that wrong!??! YOu know OP IS the same as g1 op RIGHT?!?!?! :S if you don't like that then I Duno WHAT would make you happy...

Dude jazz is totally black. There are no doubts. He may not have the skin but he has the personality of what is the stereotype of black people. There is a huge human element to the transformers, usually race isn't a big deal with the others. But Jazz is almost only known for being black.

naw man I still think you are crazy @loll@

oh

"Overall really awesome. I hope they make a toy of the mountain dewbot. I know hasbro said they won't, but I really really want them to."

Yeah hhahah! I laughed when I saw dewbot :P I stand by what I said in his game post a while back & would love a figure like that... I found it odd he was a badguy though in the movie :S I thought he was good in the game :S how ever I never did play it all the way as I kept getting stuck in the walls :S

Yeah haven't Blaster and Jazz always been black?

#WTF# !

I SEE CRAZY PEOPLE ARE EVERYWHERE!

#WTF#

yeah i dunno if he was good or bad in the game, but he was a badass in the movie. the product placement was pretty awful but the movie was still awesome.

jazz has a stereotypical black person personality. his voice actor is probably black, but we'll ignore that. sure there are probably other types of races of people who act like that, but the way the media and hollywood portrays black people is how jazz was acting. lets just leave it at that, and just discuss how lame it was he died.

you're the only crazy one synch, get with the program. also he was saying he liked prime, learn to read ;)

This movie was so friggin' sweet! The action was magnificent, great comedic moments, just the right touch of g1 nostalgia thrown in. I wish there was more characterization, esp. for the cons, but most of the tf's I really liked (esp. 'bee, prime, megatron and FRENZY). The romantic stuff, other than the comedic parts, wasn't very good, and meghan fox can't act. Other than that, great acting w/ some pretty big names: I didn't know Torturro was in this flick! :D Anthony Anderson was great as well.

The theater I was at was insane; lots of clapping, laughing, cheering; it was fantastic!

Well, I have to agree with synch that there ROBOTS.... race.... comon.... always gotta be an issue

FAKEOR

Ok, someone puts a gun to your head and says what race is jazz. You're going to say black. Don't lie in these forums and try and be holier than thou. Sure they're robots, but with human voice actors and human personalities. I wouldn't say any of the other robots are white, japanese, european, or any of that crap. But personality wise Jazz was definitely a stereotypical black person, which wasn't a good thing imo. In g1 Jazz had Scatman voicing him, but he was just another transformer. In this he was hip hopping and "sup bitches" and all that stupid crap.

Otherwise I totally agree with destro, more characterization would be nice but I expect that with the sequel.

Oh and the jazz thing, just to be clear I'm not saying skin I'm saying STEREOTYPICAL PERSONALITY. Doesn't mean all black people act that way, or that a lot of races don't act like that, but the way black people are portrayed in movies that is what Jazz acts like, and it was annoying and somewhat cliche to kill him first what with the "the black guy always dies first".

That's sort of the problem with using human voice actors though, they do have a race and their voice sort of carries over.

um quick question...what other kinds of voice actors are out there other than humans? what has hollywood been hiding from us?

great movie, close ups were a bit much sometimes.

...and yes jazz is "black"

Just got home from seeing it and it was good, but nothing great. It was a very entertaining movie, the transformers were done really well, and the action was done really well. My complaint is that the plot was really thin. On top of the thin plot there were idiotic deviations from the main plot that didn't need to be there. Things like the girl's father being a criminal in the past. I wish the movie would have focused more on the Transformers than anything else. But that'd be impossible since that would only appeal to the fans of the cartoons, toys, comics, etc. The added romance and such were thrown into the movie to draw a larger crowd.

Just got home from seeing it and it was good, but nothing great. It was a very entertaining movie, the transformers were done really well, and the action was done really well. My complaint is that the plot was really thin. On top of the thin plot there were idiotic deviations from the main plot that didn't need to be there. Things like the girl's father being a criminal in the past. I wish the movie would have focused more on the Transformers than anything else. But that'd be impossible since that would only appeal to the fans of the cartoons, toys, comics, etc. The added romance and such were thrown into the movie to draw a larger crowd.

I liked those parts too though :D @loll@ Yes some were a bit lame but eh what can you do... Other parts in the movie were abit lame too but the movie was good enough to ignore them and not let them really take anything away from the movie as others have said here :) I think perhaps in movie #2 they can focus both, more on the robots, less on the humans other than sam and his family & get out right more action in the film now that all the intro stuff is done and gone with :)