Custom 'Ninja Wreckage' Transformers repaint!

Jin Saotome

This is a departure from the normal movie-accurate repaints I do, heading off into a whole new paint-scheme and design for the Decepticon character Wreckage. After browsing the Allspark boards I saw Wreckage referred to as a 'ninja' a few times. Hmmmm... he did have a sleeker look and those swords. Perfect time for a repaint! I went with a Swat-ish paint scheme for the vehicle mode, all black with white lettering and gray highlights. Transform him however and you have a ninja paint scheme that I based off of various designs on the web including the Samurai Showdown Hanzo character. Enjoy!

Wreckage_004.jpg

More pics!! -------> HERE!

Thanks!!

Nope, I never take my figs apart really. Some people like to with TFs but the only way I can spot joint rub is to paint him while together and make changes there.

All his colors are Testors acrylic paint except for the Tamiyia clear yellow I applied over the silver to make the gold. His vehicle shell was painted with Dragon black, wheels with flat back, then given a drybrush for highlights with Gunship Gray. The same Gunship Gray was used for the main robot body parts with a black inking/wash, armored steel for the silver, then some armored steel sections painted with clear yellow to make the gold. I added little red sections to the inner beams that attached the vehicle shell to him and other various details, also giving him a little 10 kanji on the breastplate.

Damn that's cool! It's weird how just a paint job can give make them seem like a totally different figure. That now looks more the quality of a super detailed snap together mech kit which is awesome. :)

Great job! That's my favorite TF to date and I was really looking forward to someone painting him up. Don't get me wrong, part of the reason I like him is because of the white and red, but damn! That is awesome! I'd love to see some more original paint jobs of yours on TFs.

No paint rub usually, I lightly sand between places that give me trouble or use the superglue-shield-over-paint trick.

Thanks for the compliments, more repaints to come! I picked up some Swindels that I have plans for... muheheh..

That's excellent!