Marvel toys that you have never been able to find

gruntcast

Well, I have never seen in person the spider-man classics series 12 superposeable spider-man or the spider-man classics scarlet spider. I have been to almost every rite-aid, Walgreen's, and comic book store in socal and no luck, on ebay I have been outbid at least 20 times in total. I thought that the s12 spidey was mass produced and shouldn't be to hard to find, I was wrong. they have a couple on ebay for some crazy prices that are too high for me. I was curious to see if anyone else had figs they were trying to find but have never seen in person.

Thanks to cancelations and variants and those crazy chase figures, I was never able to obtain the following:

Smash-Attack Doombot (Fantastic Four movie # 1)

Kang

Super SKrull

Dragon Man

The Absorbing Man (but Hasbro may release a new one ... YAY!!!)

The Leader (that is purely my fault, I have enough Hulk figures)

Jigsaw

right now I am regretting now getting the Ultimate Sabretooth

and Marvel Selects Cloak & Dagger

Since th eEBAy stuff is way too expensive, I may have to build my own

I never find anything in stores except for scraps. Using ebay paying premo prices I've never gone high enough for HC2 Absorbing Man, box set rouge, fearsome foes vulture jim lee cyclops and SMC 12 spider-man. Other then that I have almost every marvel legend style figure made except for most of the variants(most of which I plain don't want or care for.)

I never find anything in stores except for scraps.

Not including Comic Shops, same here. @grumpy@

i can't get dragon-man. there's one on ebay but he doesn't have the wings. also i can't get smart hulk

If you look closely at the Hasbro Legends Annihilus Build-A-Figure, these were derived from the FF Series 2 Dragon Man. This is if you don't mind doing getting Banshee and Hercules then do a a little spray painting and customize.

I have never seen:

Any chase figs, even the easy to find ones skipped my neck of the woods. Let alone wave 15's, that I actually wanted(stupid toybiz repainting a fig into a new fig).

Kang and Dragonman, but it seems alot of us missed that one.

Otherwise we do pretty good around here, it takes awhile to find some of the hard to finds(I just found a wave 1 iron man 3 weeks ago) but they do eventually come.

since I have been collecting (late into series 2, begging series 3) I have found almost everything I hunted for. The only figures I never found:

Red Skull

ML8 Variants

The following is a list of stuff I never saw at mass retail. I've picked up a few on the secondary market but the rest are MIA from my collection. Most of them I can live without, but I'm still pretty pissed about not having Dark Phoenix or the FFC2 villians.

ML1 Gold/Stealth Iron Man

ML4 Unmasked Wolvie

ML6 all variants

ML7 Phasing Ghost Rider

ML13 all variants (got in my case from Diamond)

ML15 all variants except Wasp (bought rest on evil bay)

FFC2

HC1 Abomination

HC2 all except Savage Hulk (got the rest for scalper prices at my comic shop)

How far back do you want to go?

For the modern ML era, I never found:

Stealth Armor Iron Man

Red Skull

Candy Vision

Destroyer

Genis Vell

Wasp variant

Moon Knight variant

HC Absobring Man

HC Abomination

F4C Kang

F4C Dragon Man

XM de-iced Iceman

XM Rogue

Note a lot of those are from the sub-lines. The ones that for whatever reason became "store exclusives" here locally. (HC only at KB, F4C only at TRU, XM only at Target) I heard reports that F4C's were seen other places in other cities, but they never trickeled down to here. One case of each wave at one single TRU. Not that I'm bitter... really...

Now I could add I never found the original 5" color changing Invisible Woman either. I don't want to think about the number of hours flushed down that fruitless search. You know, before Ebay, when you had to actually find the greasy haired scalpers down at the local flea markets.

Or shall I whine on a few minutes about never finding Zemo of the Falcon for my Secret Wars collection?

Well, I have never seen in person the spider-man classics series 12 superposeable spider-man or the spider-man classics scarlet spider. I have been to almost every rite-aid, Walgreen's, and comic book store in socal and no luck, on ebay I have been outbid at least 20 times in total. I thought that the s12 spidey was mass produced and shouldn't be to hard to find, I was wrong. they have a couple on ebay for some crazy prices that are too high for me. I was curious to see if anyone else had figs they were trying to find but have never seen in person.

i found one of those scarlet spiders loose in a figure bin for a dollar. lil shop on the outside of milwaukee. that was the same day i got the cap and strucker face off. that was a good day. i believe the super posable spidey is the same body as the snap shot spider-man, but with a ditko head instead of a mcfarlane one. he's by far my favorite of all my spideys. i had some luck finding those last smc figures in walgreens when i lived in wisconsin.

i've seen most everything, most of it was a matter of if i could afford it or not. (50 bucks for a loose toad?!?!?!)

but i have literally never seen ....

the war machine/mandarin face off set

the SMC yellow daredevil

ml15 destroyer

ml15 cap marvel variant

ml1 stealth iron man

ff2 dragon man

ff2 kang

ff2 clear invisible woman

a regular ff1 super skrull

marvel select ultimate iron man

and i have seen the avengers heroes reborn iron man on ebay but never in person.

the stealth, the heroes reborn and the war machine faceoff plague me, they are the last 3 (6") iron men i need. to have all that i know of atleast

(i have 12 now, the ml1 reg, the ml1 gold, the silver centurion, the hulk buster, the thor buster, the modern, the modular (face off), the house of m, the 1st app. silver, the 1st app. gold, war machine, and the ultimate)

and i have yet to physically see any (except xorn in a comic shop) of the HML2's here in texas.(tru is full of annihullus, modok, and mojo (the only thing they had in their computer for arriiving soon was the new icons (torch and surfer), target and walmart have nothing but 5" movie stuff) i finally gave up and ordered a set online this weekend though (all 8 for 69 bucks with the jean grey and yellowjacket variants (supposed to have all 3), i guess i got the last one and they had to stiff me the quicksilver for the regular and it went out of stock 1st thing monday morning.)

- I never found Deadpool in stores, though my GF bought me 'em offa ebay for Valentine's day (freakin' sweet).

- Never found the War Machine variant in the face off packs....kinda sucks since I really don't like his version from the Galactus series. Heck, his leg already broke off, so I just pulled his armor off of him and I was gona rig it to fit on the variant in the face off packs, but.....oh well.

- Never found the Destroyer variant of Thor Buster IM. Not that variants are easy to find, but it's annoying when you don't want anything in that wave BUT the variant. So, no money goes to them instead. Well not from me, as if that hurt them at all.

- Never found Apocalypse from...what was that, wave 8? Anyway, never even seen 'em once.

- It's not ML, but I never found a Doom Bot from the movie figures. I really wanted that badass sucker too....

- i've never seen in person any variation of the ML1 Iron Man

- i saw Toad back in the day when he was brand spankin' new, and never saw him again until a few days ago at a comic shop id never been to before. he was about $200 >_<

- i'd never seen ML5 Red Skull until i went to that same comic shop that day... 150 bucks. that counts as never having found them, i think...

- never found the ML2 Trenchcoat Thing single packed, but i did get that same figure in the second F4 pack

- never found ML3 Unmasked wolvie, but i did find the later release of the same figure (ML7 i think)

- never found Dark Phoenix, ever

- never found a mustard Sentry OR a bearded one

- never seen a melty-face ML13 Abomination

- never seen an unmasked ML13 Green Goblin

- NEVER SAW ML14 SILVER LUKE CAGE OR BLACK PSYLOCKE! SNAP, I JUST MISSED 'EM. :P

- OH YEAH I NEVER SAW ML15 BLUE WASP EITHER, DOES ANYONE HAVE ONE TO TRADE?! lol

- there must have been some XMC X-treme Rogue variations i never found, but i got the one i wanted so i don't worry about that one

- never saw classic Spidey Man-Spider

- nor classic Spidey Venom

- nor classic Spidey Daredevil (either version)

- certainly never found classic Spidey 2099 or Scarlet Spider

- never saw F4 classics 2 clear Invisible Woman, but never wanted it either

- never found Hulk Classics Abomination (but i like the ML13 version better anyway, so i don't miss it)

for the most part though, the stuff i haven't been able to find, i haven't missed. as far as im concerned my collection is up-to-date.

• 4 weeks later...

silver surfer, neither the toybiz or the hasbro limited edition, and that's the figure i'm chasing on ebay at this point he's pretty expensive, i also never saw blade and storm that i wanted, should've brought the xmc storm but i was being stupid, and of course the $50 modern ironman, i think he's more coveted than dark phoenix with the way he is on ebay

Found all of series 1 except Iron Man. A friend found both versions in a different state, but didn't realize the difference between "Gold" Iron Man and regular and sent me the regular version. We have a good laugh about that to this day. Found Stealth IM at Wal-Mart.

Found all of series 2, except Doombot, but got the rerelease from wave 6 or 7 later on at Target

Found all of series 3, except maskless Wolvie. Found the rerelease from wave 6 later on at TRU.

Found all of series 4. Bought Goliath later on at specialty shop for extra $$.

Found all of series 5. Found Red Skull later on at TRU.

Found all of series 6. Found Dark Phoenix later at TRU. NEVER GOT LIEFELD variant Cable.

Found all of series 7. NEVER GOT Variant Ghost Rider or Phasing Vision.

Found all of series 8. Got Black Widow variant later at Comic COn for extra $$. Never got variant Cap or Mohawk Storm.

Found all of series 9. Easily found variant Bullseye. Friend sent me Green F.A. Hulk

Found all of series 10. Found variant Cyclops and Angel at TRU.

Found all of series 11. Skipped F.A. Thing. Skipped regular Logan. Found Logan variant and Ionic Wonder Man later at Frank & Son's for extra $$.

Found all of series 12. Found Bishop and maskless Wolvie variant at Target. Found X-23 variant and skipped. Got White Sasquatch at Frank and Son's for extra $$. Haven't got Red Iron Fist yet.

Found all of series 13. Never got any variants.

Found all of series 14. Bought Falcon variant later on for extra $$. Never got other variants NEVER SAW Psylocke and Luke Cage variants.

Found all of series 15. Found Silver Moon Knight for a friend. Found Black Spider-Woman twice at TRU. Bought Genis-Vel for extra $$. Never saw variant Wasps. Never bought Destroyer.

Found all of Giant Man wave including AoA Wolvie and Sentry variants.

Found all the first wave of Face-Offs including variants.

Found all second wave of Face-Offs. Friend found me Jigsaw/Punisher variant. Never found War Machine variant. Skipped Open Mouth variant.

Found all box sets except Fantastic Five variant with translucent torch and Invisible Woman.