A Quick 25th Ann. Review

Blackmada

Cobra Commander:

Good-I love that he can put his gun on his back and that the top of his helmet comes off.

Bad-His head is too small.

Score-9/10

Destro:

Good-Darn near the perfect Destro and he is plenty bigger than the other Cobras.

Bad-His left hand, it seems it is made to only hold his briefcase and he does not hiold it too well. His coller, neclace and fleshy chest are all one part and not molded to his torso. It seems to be removable so the torso can be used later. It just makes his chest stick out a little further than it should.

Score 9.5/10

Baroness:

Good-She looks like a girl so thats a plus. She is smaller than the guys which waqs nice too. Her outfit is daed-on.

Bad-The frame of her glasses are a bit thick at the top. One leg is stuck at an odd possition because of how she was in the packager. Her head will not move much from her hair and she is stuck looking downward just a little.

Score 8/10

Storm Shadow:

Good-Everything

Bad-Nothing

Score10/10

Cobra Trooper:

Good-Colors are a nice dark blue. Very easliy a good troop builder.

Bad-Cobra symbol is small but not that bad.

Score 9.75/10

Duke:

Good-He looks alot more like Duke with the helmet off so I'm glad it comes off.

Bad-His binoculars are really small and could get lost easily, it is also a little hard to get him to hold them because of the size.

Score 9/10

Snake Eyes:

Good-Everything

Bad-Nothing

Score 10/10 Possibly my favorite Snake Eyes ever.

Scarlet:

Good-She is a really good figure. Nice female sculpt, accessories are nice.

Bad-Her poneytail limits her head a and torso movement.

Score 9/10

Gung-Ho:

Good-The Grenade launcher is awesome. Is backpack is pretty sweet too. He looks big but not too big.

Bad-He looks like he has a freaky skin color.

Score 9/10

Roadblock:

Good-His gun is freaking huge! He is nice and big compared to the other Joes. Just the right size.

Bad-His hands seem to be made to only hold his machine gun and nothing else. I don't think he could hold any other figures weapons, just his.

Score 8.75/10

Overall I really like them. I was not sure at first if I would but after having them in person they are great. Way better than any of the JVC stuff. I love that they come with smaller guns and knives that with actually go into holsters and sheaths and they fit nicely into them. Duk and Roadblock look alot better with their helmets off. My only real complaint is the way their hands are sculpted. It seemes like they are limited to being able to only hold their weapons and not others. So Raodblock can't knock out a Trooper and use his gun.

I'm hooked and I think I'll be getting future releases too.

Cobra Commander:

Good-I love that he can put his gun on his back and that the top of his helmet comes off.

Bad-His head is too small.

Score-9/10

Destro:

Good-Darn near the perfect Destro and he is plenty bigger than the other Cobras.

Bad-His left hand, it seems it is made to only hold his briefcase and he does not hiold it too well. His coller, neclace and fleshy chest are all one part and not molded to his torso. It seems to be removable so the torso can be used later. It just makes his chest stick out a little further than it should.

Score 9.5/10

Baroness:

Good-She looks like a girl so thats a plus. She is smaller than the guys which waqs nice too. Her outfit is daed-on.

Bad-The frame of her glasses are a bit thick at the top. One leg is stuck at an odd possition because of how she was in the packager. Her head will not move much from her hair and she is stuck looking downward just a little.

Score 8/10

Storm Shadow:

Good-Everything

Bad-Nothing

Score10/10

Cobra Trooper:

Good-Colors are a nice dark blue. Very easliy a good troop builder.

Bad-Cobra symbol is small but not that bad.

Score 9.75/10

Duke:

Good-He looks alot more like Duke with the helmet off so I'm glad it comes off.

Bad-His binoculars are really small and could get lost easily, it is also a little hard to get him to hold them because of the size.

Score 9/10

Snake Eyes:

Good-Everything

Bad-Nothing

Score 10/10 Possibly my favorite Snake Eyes ever.

Scarlet:

Good-She is a really good figure. Nice female sculpt, accessories are nice.

Bad-Her poneytail limits her head a and torso movement.

Score 9/10

Gung-Ho:

Good-The Grenade launcher is awesome. Is backpack is pretty sweet too. He looks big but not too big.

Bad-He looks like he has a freaky skin color.

Score 9/10

Roadblock:

Good-His gun is freaking huge! He is nice and big compared to the other Joes. Just the right size.

Bad-His hands seem to be made to only hold his machine gun and nothing else. I don't think he could hold any other figures weapons, just his.

Score 8.75/10

Overall I really like them. I was not sure at first if I would but after having them in person they are great. Way better than any of the JVC stuff. I love that they come with smaller guns and knives that with actually go into holsters and sheaths and they fit nicely into them. Duk and Roadblock look alot better with their helmets off. My only real complaint is the way their hands are sculpted. It seemes like they are limited to being able to only hold their weapons and not others. So Raodblock can't knock out a Trooper and use his gun.

I'm hooked and I think I'll be getting future releases too.

Did you find them at retail or get them online?

Andrew

I agree with pretty much everything he said.

Cobra Commander can use his helmet as a punch bowl at the rate it comes off.

SS & SE are the cream of the sets thus far...both are the best versions to date IMHO.

My biggest complaint is the hands not holding weapons. I can live with any other detail.

Kind of an update here.

Some of my figure's ankle and knee joints are already getting loose and making it hard to keep them standing.

Hopefully loose joints are not going to be a problem with all of the 25th Ann. figures.

Kind of an update here.

Some of my figure's ankle and knee joints are already getting loose and making it hard to keep them standing.

Hopefully loose joints are not going to be a problem with all of the 25th Ann. figures.

That's just great! <_<

Like a marionette doll (think Pinocchio) we'll have to use fishing line to hold them up. :rolleyes:

I'm going to guess it's the super skinny/thin molds of Scarlett or Baroness maybe? CC's knees?

Actually it's the worst on Gung-Ho. Scarlet and Baroness seem to be fine. CC and Roadblock are a little wobbley. The worst part is all I did was straighten out their arms and legs after I opened them. They have not even been played with, just standing is all. They remind me alot of how the Marvel legends are made, the Toybiz ones at least.

Actually it's the worst on Gung-Ho. Scarlet and Baroness seem to be fine. CC and Roadblock are a little wobbley. The worst part is all I did was straighten out their arms and legs after I opened them. They have not even been played with, just standing is all. They remind me alot of how the Marvel legends are made, the Toybiz ones at least.

Is toybiz the ones that makes the 6" ones or the MLS ones?

i have the toy fair v1 cobra commander

he is a pain in the ass the stand up, his foot has a smaller hole i guess for some new style stand, and his feet move in all sorts of directions to much movement if you ask me he falls over all the time

id insert some pics but i dont know how

so here is a link to my site, i have a few other pics as well but yes they are all kinda blurry my dig sux

http://dfunksaddiction.rubberslug.com/gall...p?ItemID=209422

Spin Doctor has some new images up (in Leo's topic) that shows some pics of the Baroness (after he dremeled her crotch..ouch!) and of the Cobra Commander after he replaced his pea head with another head from the Microman Material Force figures?

materialforce4qv8.png

cobracommanderku4.png

Looks better imo! Now where would one go about finding these MMF figures?

He also had the pic up already of Destro compared up against the MLS Thor figure...

destrothorxm6.jpg

which kinda sparked my curiosity a little bit, on how these new Joes figures compared to the MLS ones? I kinda like the looks of that Thor, and the Colossus looks pretty decent as well, but they're a bit large and thicker than most...am I right?

Looks better imo! Now where would one go about finding these MMF figures?

They are (or at least they were) only available from Toys R Us Japan online.

They aren't cheap either.

There are also a few HC customizers out there that are sitting on a case or two, who are willing to let go of them for trades.

EDIT: I have only been able to find the female MMF figs on ebay US. AND I NOTICED ONE ON EBAY TAIWAN THAT WAS VAC-METALLIZED!!! :D

-PJ

:(

I was afraid of something like that. @lol@

Those figures don't look half bad, and would actually be pretty neat to fart around with and use for custom fodder and such. Not at those prices though.

Gung Ho was a problem for me with knee and arms. This isma new line and hopefully the bugs can be fixed, unlike the Showdown fiasco.

EDIT: I have only been able to find the female MMF figs on ebay US. AND I NOTICED ONE ON EBAY TAIWAN THAT WAS VAC-METALLIZED!!! :D

:o

THAT...would make for an awesome look, wouldn't it?

cobracommander2re8.png

Destro:

Score 9.5/10

That's kind of an odd design for his collar..? :unsure:

It all comes OFF, and then you have this....

PICT0517.jpg

Don't know what I think about that one? If there's gaps and stuff around the edges, it'll look kinda sloppy.

destro2gr6.png

I don't know if Hasbro is thinking they can make his Iron Grenadier outfit from that or what.

Maybe they could put something on his chest to connect the cape or something.