25th Comic Packs

jinx723

Was over at HissTank.com and on the home page there's mention of comic packs for the 25th Anniversary line. The issues listed were #1, #21, and #41. Also listed Gen. Hawk as one of the figures. There's no pics, most likely something for 2008. Thought you should know. ;)

Hmm...it only lists two characters for each set. So now comic packs will be two-packs instead of three?? Interesting...

Just like the new Star Wars Comic Packs.

...which is funny, seeing how Hasbro's Star Wars team sorta based their comic packs on the G.I.Joe ones :)

I wonder if these will be 25th or RAH sculpts? Hmm...

hisstank.com says G.I. JOE 25th Anniversary Comic 2 Packs but you never know what hasbro will do

I wonder if these will be 25th or RAH sculpts? Hmm...

hisstank.com says G.I. JOE 25th Anniversary Comic 2 Packs but you never know what hasbro will do

That's what I was thinking... I know we're calling these "25th Anniversary sculpts" but seeing what Hasbro has done in the past with new sculpt GI Joe lines and Star Wars as well, I could see them bolstering up the whole anniversary with some RAH reissues and slapping the 25th logo on 'em.

Or maybe that's just what I'm hoping for! ;) (Bring on a grey WHALE!)

I'll have to wait and see what changes they make to the figures in #21 and #41 before I decide if I'll pick them up. I'll buy #1 if the Hawk meshes well with the other 25th figures (IE: No bright "comic" colors like past comic packs.)

Why not?

What's listed could be made from the figures they already have molds for. There are figures for all of these guys but Hawk already. And Hawk could be made with a simple new head on a Snake Eyes body and Duke's helmet. Nothing to complicated about it.

Why not?

What's listed could be made from the figures they already have molds for. There are figures for all of these guys but Hawk already. And Hawk could be made with a simple new head on a Snake Eyes body and Duke's helmet. Nothing to complicated about it.

Not really "complicated" just maybe not cost effective. Using RAH bodies would be cheaper. Not to mention the limited number of 25th bodies would significantly limit which characters could be used.

Well from the list it doesn't seem they are branching out too much. Like I said all but Hawk, and again...just a head swap, are all figures that have already been made.

And The fact that there are only two figures instead of 3 makes me thinks they are 25th sculpts. Because, like you mentioned cost. If they were the cheaper ARAH molds I think they would have stuck with 3 figures in the pack, instead of 2.

Plus another thing that makes me think this is that they are all figures (Again except Hawk) that you could only get in the 5 packs. This is a way to get them out there for people that might not want to drop the 25 bucks.

And then we have Hasbro telling us this is the "Standard" for Joes. I'd be surprised if they weren't 25th sculpts.

Well from the list it doesn't seem they are branching out too much. Like I said all but Hawk, and again...just a head swap, are all figures that have already been made.

And The fact that there are only two figures instead of 3 makes me thinks they are 25th sculpts. Because, like you mentioned cost. If they were the cheaper ARAH molds I think they would have stuck with 3 figures in the pack, instead of 2.

Plus another thing that makes me think this is that they are all figures (Again except Hawk) that you could only get in the 5 packs. This is a way to get them out there for people that might not want to drop the 25 bucks.

And then we have Hasbro telling us this is the "Standard" for Joes. I'd be surprised if they weren't 25th sculpts.

Well TWO figures, regardless of sculpt is cheaper than 3 for the same price (and we all know the price won't change).

they are 25th styled figures.

its an exactly rip from the Star wars figures, comic accurate.. but bringing more unique characters

from all the comics.

Hasbro has said RAH is now not a priority, maybe exclusives, but they are focusing on the 25th so we can have a really nice LONG run of a toyline.. hopfully for many years.

Was over at HissTank.com and on the home page there's mention of comic packs for the 25th Anniversary line. The issues listed were #1, #21, and #41. Also listed Gen. Hawk as one of the figures. There's no pics, most likely something for 2008. Thought you should know. ;)

I guess this is cool. I am always game for more comic packs. However, didn't they do #1 and #21 already?? I see room for improvement on the Breaker and Flash figures. I don't think we ever got a Grand Slam from those sets yet either, so I think there is some stuff they can do instead of re-hasing the same old group of characters over and over again. I think #41 would be new. I'd personally like to see a #11 comic set. Not only were a whole host of new Joes introduced there, but you also had the first tease for Destro.

they are 25th styled figures.

its an exactly rip from the Star wars figures, comic accurate.. but bringing more unique characters

from all the comics.

Hasbro has said RAH is now not a priority, maybe exclusives, but they are focusing on the 25th so we can have a really nice LONG run of a toyline.. hopfully for many years.

Oh man I sure as help not, REGARDLESS of body styling. Those Star Wars once SUCK in the color department.

The fact they've already done issues 1 and 21 in the RAH style should tell you these are 25th style figs. I just hope for repaints that still look believable, and I'm not talking about adding an off-white color to the arm and leg wraps on a version 1 Storm Shadow figure.

No the Star Wars ones do not all suck in color department!! Have you even bothered to look at the newer ones that are not shaded, probably not. And they are new sclupt, RAH does not make since unless it is a exclusive.

Draven