More 25th Anniversary pics!

Leonardo T Dragon

Guys,

FYI, the figures CAN sit. Yes, there is less mobility as to how much the figures can bend but I had CC in a BBI chopper, Destro in the new Hiss etc, etc.

I took some pics of this but they weren't posted at JBL yet.

-S-

Well, we've already seen some examples of the POOR sitting ability these figures have (at least some of them) as demonstrated here. in this review of Scarlett..

http://generalsjoes.com/reviews/2007/anniv...ett_preprod.htm

and then we were shown the review after some minor adjustments (courtesy of a dremel) were done on her poorly designed waist piece...

http://generalsjoes.com/reviews/2007/anniv...ett_custom.html

A dramatic difference.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "mere repaint" status of the figure (and Snake Eyes 2) still bugs me. But at the same time the RAH versions were similar to each other themselves.

Y'know, at first I wasn't crazy about the fact that they were repaints either; they seemed cheesy and cheap to me. But I have warmed-up to them in a really big way. It's just if they're gonna mix-match parts and accessories to maximize molds, this is the way to do it. I'm quite happy with these.

If repaints are the only way the line will survive and they are done creatively (read: not a poorly sculpted head thrown onto the same one color body) then I am all for it.

These figures need to catch on with kids..they need a cartoon to accompany the product.

But hey, thats just me:)

Man..I know I've heard that song before? @lol@

Guys,

FYI, the figures CAN sit. Yes, there is less mobility as to how much the figures can bend but I had CC in a BBI chopper, Destro in the new Hiss etc, etc.

I took some pics of this but they weren't posted at JBL yet.

-S-

These two are probably the BEST examples of the flaw.

scarlettchairsfront.jpg

scarlettawestriker.jpg

The "mere repaint" status of the figure (and Snake Eyes 2) still bugs me. But at the same time the RAH versions were similar to each other themselves.

Y'know, at first I wasn't crazy about the fact that they were repaints either; they seemed cheesy and cheap to me. But I have warmed-up to them in a really big way. It's just if they're gonna mix-match parts and accessories to maximize molds, this is the way to do it. I'm quite happy with these.

That's just it though. They AREN'T mix-matching. All the figures are straight up full-body repaints with new heads.

lol.. thos pics are pretty funny.. the first one looks like she's hinting to SE about a lil' some'in some'in...

and the second one looks like she just dropped a load in her pants and doesn't want to sit on it, lol

lol.. thos pics are pretty funny.. the first one looks like she's hinting to SE about a lil' some'in some'in...

and the second one looks like she just dropped a load in her pants and doesn't want to sit on it, lol

Heh, I was thinking similar but didn't think it would polite to say.

Hahaha..

ok but in trhe second pic, she looks like she could actually *TAKE* Snake Eyes..thats a thick girl!

She looks out of proportion because she is - they made her head way too small. That's what you get for complaining that RAH heads are too big (they aren't)! ;)

Am I the only one who could care less if the things can sit down?!?! I really could give a rats ass, I will just display them on a shelf standing or in a action pose anyway.

Draven

Am I the only one who could care less if the things can sit down?!?! I really could give a rats ass, I will just display them on a shelf standing or in a action pose anyway.

Draven

I'm inclined to agree, except for the fact that people are hoping we get vehicles for this line. If that happens, it will be a pretty big deal if they can't even sit in them.

It'll be like trying to sit POTF95 Han & Chewie in the Falcon... all over again :)

At least they could sit elsewhere! ;)

Still... while I AM pissed at how Hasbro dropped the ball with this, I still think they are great figures. The good definitely outweights the bad.

However, it just begs to be asked: why did they use ball jointed knees on the females and not the males? how come some of these CAN sit (Destro) and others can't (Scarlett... who, ironically, does have ball-jointed knees)?

One other point..look at how SS is packaged in the box..couldn't do that with the original...it would have broke the crotch and oring.

Just trying to show the green grass on each side..

Draven

What about "kids" playing with them? Why describe these as "the most articulated Joes EVER" when they are more limited then the older stuff?

No offense intended. If you want to not take advantage of the articulation and just pose them occasionally, that's fine. But "making them able to sit", fixing the inherent flaws, does NOT inhibit your ability to do so, does it? It doesn't make them any less fun, does it?

Draven

I'm inclined to agree, except for the fact that people are hoping we get vehicles for this line. If that happens, it will be a pretty big deal if they can't even sit in them.

If that's all the kind of posing somebody wishes to do with them, then I guess the FULL or proper looking sitting function wouldn't be all that big a deal, but you have to understand that there are OTHERS who have different intentions for them, whether it's making cool dios, or displaying a portion of them seated in some vehicles, or posed in other sitting type ways, that will be just as limited by the poor articulation on them....in this particular area.

Then, it's even kind of ironic, (irritating) that they're being touted as "better" in articulation, or touted as having MORE articulation than the old figures with an O-ring had, yet they can't even sit in a jeep or helicopter as well as the old ones. It's funny and sad all at the same time.

Just having feet and wrists that can swivel, in order for the figures to take certain stances and hold their weapons better, in a way the old Joes could never do, would have been good enough for me. We've had to give up (sacrafice) a basic sitting function in order to get WHAT in it's place? What's the "better" articulation function they have now?

Draven

If that's all the kind of posing somebody wishes to do with them, then I guess the FULL or proper looking sitting function wouldn't be all that big a deal, but you have to understand that there are OTHERS who have different intentions for them, whether it's making cool dios, or displaying a portion of them seated in some vehicles, or posed in other sitting type ways, that will be just as limited by the poor articulation on them....in this particular area.

Then, it's even kind of ironic, (irritating) that they're being touted as "better" in articulation, or touted as having MORE articulation than the old figures with an O-ring had, yet they can't even sit in a jeep or helicopter as well as the old ones. It's funny and sad all at the same time.

Just having feet and wrists that can swivel, in order for the figures to take certain stances and hold their weapons better, in a way the old Joes could never do, would have been good enough for me. We've had to give up (sacrafice) a basic sitting function in order to get WHAT in it's place? What's the "better" articulation function they have now?

Not to mention some of the "pose limited" figures like Roadblock and Cobra Commander.

Draven

I care a little bit but it's not that big of a deal to me either.

Yet even more offensive pushing around from the resident collector cop. With caps no less.

Why is it SO important that members "understand" what other collectors intend to do with their figures? No one made you try to understand what you should do with your Storm Shadow sandals, yet at the same time, we "have to understand" about others?!?? What the hell?!??

IMO, you're taking other's collecting habits a bit too seriously and maybe a little irrationally.

I'm posing mine standing up and really don't give a rat's ass what others do with them, because once they've bought them, it's theirs to do with as they please. <--- At least that's what you're supposed to espouse, right VH?

Just waiting now for the inevitable "flip-flops" on the flip-flops.

-PJ

Yet even more offensive pushing around from the resident collector cop. With caps no less.

Why is it SO important that members "understand" what other collectors intend to do with their figures? No one made you try to understand what you should do with your Storm Shadow sandals, yet at the same time, we "have to understand" about others?!?? What the hell?!??

IMO, you're taking other's collecting habits a bit too seriously and maybe a little irrationally.

I'm posing mine standing up and really don't give a rat's ass what others do with them, because once they've bought them, it's theirs to do with as they please. <--- At least that's what you're supposed to espouse, right VH?

Just waiting now for the inevitable "flip-flops" on the flip-flops.

-PJ

How about if I "flip flop" on my previous stance on Stormy's sandals, and say I "LOVE'EM" now? Will that make you drop it?

:P

I have never...EVER..seen a more critical group of collectors than thise of GI Joe.

In my humble opinion, it seems that no matter what Hasbro can do, if it isn't done the same exact way it was back in '82 than it just isn't right. I don't mean to flame..I am not trying to troll. It just amazes me how picky and exact a majority of Joe collectors are.

I can understand disdain for Sigma 6..it was a different universe altogether and nothing close to the classic 3 3/4". But the 25th? I would have thought that this was would be like the second toy coming.

I have never...EVER..seen a more critical group of collectors than thise of GI Joe.

In my humble opinion, it seems that no matter what Hasbro can do, if it isn't done the same exact way it was back in '82 than it just isn't right. I don't mean to flame..I am not trying to troll. It just amazes me how picky and exact a majority of Joe collectors are.

I can understand disdain for Sigma 6..it was a different universe altogether and nothing close to the classic 3 3/4". But the 25th? I would have thought that this was would be like the second toy coming.

There's a lot of history going on here. There's been a lot of experiments and failures by Hasbro with their G.I.Joe line over the past 7 plus years. It's been very disappointing to some of us, and we might be a little jaded from the roller coaster ride it's been? Maybe too much in some cases to get back that innocent, happy-go-lucky enthusiasm again, where we all just chime in with fanboy chants of..."it's a great time to be a G.I.Joe fan kids!!" We're hardened! ;)

They've given us too much variety in the styles, scale and construction, that it's divided the fandom. Some people liked the changes and others would hate it, and then they'd change again, and the previous group of fans would go away feeling letdown that they changed what they liked, or it was cancelled and another style was approached, and some would like the new versions, and others wouldn't and so on and so on, till we've all suffered a little bit of disappointed with it all, and we even argue bitterly over such silly things sometimes. We're jaded and hardened! ^_^

I don't know how long you've been in the hobby, or how much experience you've had with the online community discussion boards part of it, but it would seem to be a bit of a shock to you, that some people are kinda negative and reluctant to jump for joy at the next incarnation of another revamped style of 3 3/4" G.I.Joe?

I see MORE enthusiasm with the 25th line, than I've seen in a while with anything else, but until we all get them for ourselves to examine, I think we're all just being naturally nit picky, and picking them apart for some minor details here and there. I'm one of the worst at that, so hopefully you're not letting one or two members here, form an overall opinion of the group. Most people in the hobby who chat online about it, participate in most all the other boards as well, and just bounce around trying to find the most active, interesting topic on the various sites.

When I see some details being nit picked on, I see just the same gripes on the other boards as well, and our familiarity with each others different tastes and preferences, (like a family of Joe collectors) almost makes it possible to predict who's going to complain about what, and who's going to like it. ^_^

Oh, I've been around the toy site world for years and actually know many of you from here and other sites. In fact, of those I remember and recognize, I am seeing the reaction I thought I would for the most part.

(This includes both positive and negative)

My question: would it have been better for Hasbro to have just left it all alone back in the early 90's and left a "good thing go out on top"?

This not my feeling ir opinion...I am just curious about what others think.

Is it better to see it redone now?

or

Should it have been left as is back in the 90's?