More 25th Anniversary pics!

Leonardo T Dragon

Board member "Steel" over at JBL has apparently got his hands on the 25th stuff already and has sent me a bunch of pics.

Cobra 5-pack

GIJoe 5-pack

Also, over at JoeCustoms Spin Doctor has posted a few more pics.

I think that's all of the links that I can find for now. Enjoy!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.

STILL no "sitting" pics.

I put a few in the joint preview that GeneralsJoes/JBL did of Scarlett. (As it's not hosted on my site I'll just post a link so that I'm not stealing Justin's bandwidth.)

http://www.generalsjoes.com/reviews/2007/a...ett_preprod.htm

Scroll down the page and you'll see how well Scarlett "doesn't" sit. I know a lot of people are glossing over this fact but it's something that really bugs me about these figures. When I have my set "in hand" on Monday I'll post some more pics with the Marauder folding chairs. I just know the results won't be pretty.

Interesting.

STILL no "sitting" pics.

I pute a few in the joint preview that GeneralsJoes/JBL did of Scarlett. (As it's not hosted on my site I'll just post a link so that I'm not stealing Justin's bandwidth.)

http://www.generalsjoes.com/reviews/2007/a...ett_preprod.htm

Scroll down the page and you'll see how well Scarlett "doesn't" sit. I know a lot of people are glossing over this fact but it's something that really bugs me about these figures. When I have my set "in hand" on Monday I'll post some more pics with the Marauder folding chairs. I just know the results won't be pretty.

Thanks those pics really show the flaw well. No wonder practically all of the pics we have seen are of the figures standing. That first pic of the 25th figure and the comic pack figure sitting side by side? There's just something wrong with that but I won't say (it's indecent ;) ).

Or the side view farther down that shows the comic pack version having a much greater range of motion.

From what we've seen of previous pics (the ones where Scarlett was taken apart), I don't see why they couldn't use the same design of the waist.

rahcc3.jpg25thcc3.jpgscarlettbody-1.jpgthook_l.jpg

The "waist" could stay the same since the T-Hook and Ball-Hook are essentially the same.

Thanks for sharing, Steel took some great photos!

Hmmmm. Seeing those pics of them matched up against those MLS figures didn't do much for my optimism. :(

Those MLS figures are so thin and gawky looking, plus the plastics so soft and flimsy, the skinny proportions on (most of) them, make it impossible to place them in a decent pose. They're cheap, like what you'd expect out of game board pieces. Too soft and small to have the kind of construction or articulation they were trying to go for, and it looks like the new Joes are MORE similar in this regard than I was previously already fearing they were?

Hope I'm wrong, but they sure LOOK more in line with the MLS stuff, than I was hoping......based on these new images. Which btw...I appreciate! ^_^

destro02py9.jpg

stormshadow204io4.jpg

snakeeyes203yw2.jpg

buyfordollarlf1.jpg

Sometimes, it's all about how you pose a figure. Especially when they are highly articulated like these.

It may sound silly, but the ability to pose a figure "artistically" is indeed rare. Hasbro should hire someone like this guy.

Did I just create a new trade? Action-Figure poser!

Sometimes, it's all about how you pose a figure. Especially when they are highly articulated like these.

It may sound silly, but the ability to pose a figure "artistically" is indeed rare. Hasbro should hire someone like this guy.

@loll@ maybe?

I know I've complained about some of the goofy poses they put them in, when we first get preview shots of them, and then at the toy shows and conventions??? HOLY SPICOLI!! It's terrible!

These poses definitely make a difference.....for better or worse.

For better!

Those 3 pics reminded me of the old Revell Robotech catalog pics. It's not just the pose, it's also the background. Hardcore shite.

Hasbro... learn!

BTW, with Transformers it gets worse: sometimes they are not even transformed correctly!

Hey everyone,

Steel from JBL here..glad you liked the pics.

We had a little problem with Gung Ho's arm hence the odd pose. Roadblock was a goof:(

These figures are truly fantastic anmd V1 Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes are amazing.

I'll have more pics of other product at JBL in the future.

Cooobraaaaa!

-S-

I really see little difference in how THESE are posed compared to RAH. The only thing I can see is that, since the hips are so wide apart the legs can be spread farther apart.

Sacrificing the ability of the figure to sit for a single pose, nice looking though it may be?

They all look awesome!

My only two problems are that they can't seem to sit well and the Gung Ho figure looks like he has no neck!

Those pics are amazing. They just make me want these figures even more than I already do. And I just can't get over how unexpectedly cool that v2 Storm Shadow is. I think I'm more excited about it than v1. And now that I think of it, the original v2 figure was such a pleasant suprise to me as a kid; Snake-Eyes' "brother" turned good inexplicably, and I was always enamored with that figure because of that. But I think that I like this new incarnation even better than the original.

Those pics are amazing. They just make me want these figures even more than I already do. And I just can't get over how unexpectedly cool that v2 Storm Shadow is. I think I'm more excited about it than v1. And now that I think of it, the original v2 figure was such a pleasant suprise to me as a kid; Snake-Eyes' "brother" turned good inexplicably, and I was always enamored with that figure because of that. But I think that I like this new incarnation even better than the original.

The "mere repaint" status of the figure (and Snake Eyes 2) still bugs me. But at the same time the RAH versions were similar to each other themselves.

Guys,

FYI, the figures CAN sit. Yes, there is less mobility as to how much the figures can bend but I had CC in a BBI chopper, Destro in the new Hiss etc, etc.

I took some pics of this but they weren't posted at JBL yet.

-S-