How is Yojoe.com getting the figures ahead of time?

Zanzibar

So after the 15 figures get reviewed we get the next 10 sometime next month. How is that possible when we havent seen what the next 10 look like. but how did they get the 15 we seen so far before retailers.

Justin posted this elsewhere but I'll repost here--

Not a problem, Chas... these figures were paid for, yeah... no worries about the cash spent, being able to let folks know about these early is more than worth it to me.

I really appreciate the post, though, glad these reviews have been helping folks!

Justin

Apparently YJ has an overseas source for these and they managed to buy them early.

They may wonder were the person YoJoe got them from got them so early (A lot of stuff "Falls off the truck." so to speak, or it could just be a supplier in Asia that got his so quick cause the factory is also in Asia. Like the guy that bought them at retail. He was in Asia. ) but at the end of the day it's free press, and it benfits them. So I bet they approve, more then they disapprove. But I doubt it's a black and white issue.

Yojoe is pretty adament about not stepping on Hasbro's toes, so I think it is safe to assume that nobody at Hasbro is crying over a few early reviews of their product.

I would hope not!

That's the best promotion, their money DIDN'T have to buy! ^_^

Yojoe is pretty adament about not stepping on Hasbro's toes, so I think it is safe to assume that nobody at Hasbro is crying over a few early reviews of their product.

Either that, or Hasbro doesn't know.

Test shots are almost always stolen, and early bird figures from Asia are always stolen or "fell off the back of the truck" as the phrase is. Hasbro does shut down the sellers when they find them, which is why the average seller who deals in those doesn't stick around for a long time. Hasbro does care a lot about the problem, but their focus is going after the sellers and not the buyers. If Hasbro were to go after the buyers, places like YoJoe would be the first to go down since they're so public with their ill-gotten merchandise.

Test shots are almost always stolen, and early bird figures from Asia are always stolen or "fell off the back of the truck" as the phrase is. Hasbro does shut down the sellers when they find them, which is why the average seller who deals in those doesn't stick around for a long time. Hasbro does care a lot about the problem, but their focus is going after the sellers and not the buyers. If Hasbro were to go after the buyers, places like YoJoe would be the first to go down since they're so public with their ill-gotten merchandise.

:rolleyes:

Please. That paragraph is so filled with overly broad and untrue comments it's not even funny. You'd think after 4 years of this, people would have educated themselves a little better about the Asian market and what kinds of things Hasbro cares about.

For the official record, I bought the figures from over seas for YoJoe. I am the administrator and I bought them from Asia as they were hitting retail in that market.

Nothing is ill-begotten, illegal or unethical. We do EVERYTHING on the level or not at all.

I'm sure Hasbro is aware of it. Their marketing teams must know about forums like Yojoe in order to gauge collector response. If anything, I'm sure they appreciate the buzz forums like Yojoe and TNI create - it's basically free advertising.

:rolleyes:

Please. That paragraph is so filled with overly broad and untrue comments it's not even funny. You'd think after 4 years of this, people would have educated themselves a little better about the Asian market and what kinds of things Hasbro cares about.

@loll@ @loll@ I take it that you are someone who likes to buy those early releases and test shots?

It's true. Accept it. It isn't by any legitimate means that figures that aren't even intended for sale over there and test shots that are never intended for sale at all end up in the hands of those sellers. It's not like they walked into a store in Hong Kong or Singapore and bought them.

Hasbro does care about the problem, but they only go after the sellers and never the buyers.