I want to predict right now!!!!

Leatusiv

Tuesday is supposed to be a REALLY HOT day here. I just might have to go in to see the movie early in the day and not come out! :P

Are they showing it early Tuesday or just at 8pm?

Most theatres that are showing it around here are starting it at 8pm Monday night. Most of them are only showing it that one time until Tuesday where they start at various times ranging from early morning to noon and on.

However a few theatres are having a second, late night showing as well.

This is the first time I looked at the showtimes in my area, and I gotta say I'm a bit miffed that it's only getting the one theatre treatment. Usually movies with this much hype get at least 2.

Of course, it may still be suject to change.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crowd reaction was insane. I've been to all the big fan movies (Star Wars, X-Men, Spider-Man, etc...) and this movie by far got the loudest and biggest reactions during the movie and the largest round of applause once it finished.

Just an FYI, no one knows whats gonna happen in Harry Potter yet.

You have to read the books...which most guys here do :o

The crowd reaction was insane. I've been to all the big fan movies (Star Wars, X-Men, Spider-Man, etc...) and this movie by far got the loudest and biggest reactions during the movie and the largest round of applause once it finished.

I can't count how many people thought I got a bit carried away when some early reviews came out about the test screenings. Well now a lot more people have seen it and I STILL have not found a single person say anything bad about it.

It's gonna do fantastic the first week and when word of mouth spreads about how great it really is then I think the second week could be just as good as the first.

It's just a shame though that most theatres only seem to be showing it one theatre. That will bring the numbers down from what I had hoped they would be, but it's gonna still do great.

I can't count how many people thought I got a bit carried away when some early reviews came out about the test screenings. Well now a lot more people have seen it and I STILL have not found a single person say anything bad about it.

It's gonna do fantastic the first week and when word of mouth spreads about how great it really is then I think the second week could be just as good as the first.

It's just a shame though that most theatres only seem to be showing it one theatre. That will bring the numbers down from what I had hoped they would be, but it's gonna still do great.

There are some negatives but nothing that over all takes away from the movie or its enjoyment... Its a blast! go see it you will kick you're self down the line if you do not. honestly I felt like crying durng a few parts of the movie like when you first see them tf & op and the gang ect! :) it was so great it made me that happy

Just got home from seeing the movie.....Um, yeah the movie has a chance to break all time holiday sales records. Hope to see it again on tuesday and again on the 4th with my kids

I duno about that.. Its a great movie yes and I think anyone who sees it will agree but its just a simple matter of people going to see it! & like others have said some may simply not have the time off or what not to do so the days it is out :S

I'm sure people can get ONE day off to see it, or they can go after work... it SHOULD be out a few months, so if they don't have a day off in that time, they need to find a new job!! :P

I have the day off, & might see it early in the morning..I hate crowded theaters...someone be touching my booty :o

I'm sure people can get ONE day off to see it, or they can go after work... it SHOULD be out a few months, so if they don't have a day off in that time, they need to find a new job!! :P

They're talking about people having the time to see it the first couple days (so it breaks the holiday record)...

They're talking about people having the time to see it the first couple days (so it breaks the holiday record)...

I think the real problem will be that it's just not playing on enough screens to break any records. Those movies that do break records all play on more than one screen.

Does anyone have any theatres near them that they know will have it on more than one screen? None in my area that I've seen do. At least not at this time.

No theatre near me has it playing more than 5 times in a day. If it's too hard to get in on the 3rd then I'm gonna be MEGA-PISSED!

I think it's just your area, madman. Here are the times for the 3 main theaters in my area:

Franklin Park 16: Cinema de Lux

BUY TICKETS - 11:30am, Noon, 12:30pm, 1:00pm, 2:45pm, 3:15pm, 3:45pm, 4:15pm, 6:15pm, 6:45pm, 7:15pm, 7:45pm, 9:20pm, 9:50pm, 10:20pm, 11:00pm, 12:15am

Maumee 18: Cinema de Lux

BUY TICKETS - 11:00am, 12:30pm, 1:00pm, 2:15pm, 3:45pm, 4:15pm, 5:30pm, 7:15pm, 7:45pm, 8:50pm, 10:20pm, 11:00pm, Midnight, Noon, 3:15pm, 6:45pm, 9:50pm

Showcase Cinemas Levis Common

BUY TICKETS - Noon, 12:30pm, 1:00pm, 3:15pm, 3:45pm, 4:15pm, 6:45pm, 7:15pm, 7:45pm, 9:45pm, 10:15pm

Not going to be any problem around here seeing it, although some key times still sell out.

Well he said the days it is out... so I assumed he meant altogether, not just the 1st couple of days. :unsure:

THe first day, on the 2nd, by us, it's playing 8 pm & 11:15. Some places it's only playing @ 8, others it's playing 1-4 times. After that I dunno... it won't let me check! :angry:

I think the real problem will be that it's just not playing on enough screens to break any records. Those movies that do break records all play on more than one screen.

You may be on to something - a lot of the record breakers were sequels, right? So knowing it will make money, they'd put Spider-Man 2 or 3 on more screens than they did with the first, as it was more of a risk.

Maybe same with TFs, who knows...

I'm still wondering what it will be like tomorrow. If the theater will be sold out or what? Or if we'll get any big fans besides ourselves, or anything like that... I've never been to any movie on opening day! :P

Yeah, I just looked again and a bunch of theaters that only had 5 showings before have indeed expanded it to 2 screens.

I would have been royally pissed if they didn't and every theater had enormous lines.

No worries now! :D

It will do very well, but it won't beat Spider-Man or Pirates.

I am seeing it on Tuesday when it start showing here, and look forward to it. Biggest movie of the summer? I doubt it. Still, it will do well enough to justify a sequel.

Where?! We're going to Seacourt @ 8:15.. :D

its on rt 37 a bit past the walmart on the east bound side, its called marquee cinemas, I saw shrek 3 there the other day and it was ridiculously clear and the sound was amazing, also its stadium seating so now worries about some ones head in the way. Its literally been open for a week and a half/two weeks. might be worth looking into, I'm going to the 8 pm showing there.

The new one? By Ruby Tuesday's? Maybe we'll go there, to see it again!

SO!?!?!?!?

HOW IS THE MOVIE DOING $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WISE?!

THERE HAS GOT TO BE SOME NEWS OUT BY NOW?!?!??!?!?!

Wow, I'm betting that's not too bad... @lol@