Bat-Lantern from Green Lantern #9

Preventer MK II

This is going to be a gift for Ethan Van Sciver who helped to bring what was once just a fun Elseworlds concept to reality. There are inconsistencies in the design between the comic book cover and the actual pages of the comic, but this one is meant to reflect the cover, where Batman's costume still retains his trademark symbol rather than that of the Lantern corps... Not that it matters, since it can be barely seen over his "glowing" emblem.

BL4.jpg

BL1.jpg

BL3.jpg

Base figure is the very awesome DCSH Batman v 2.0 figure. I bent a metal pin to create the ring on his finger, and the "energy" effects were created from a cd case and some Tamiya clear green, as well as apple barrel neon colors to accent the edges. In the comic Batman's lantern aura projects that of his own superhero identity, crossing over the bat-symbol and the lantern symbol, hence the bat-symbol layered under the Lantern.

BL5.jpg

I liked how u did the bat lantern symbol.

The charging power on Batman's hand is a bit weird though. It feels more like Gambit's cards.

I liked how u did the bat lantern symbol.

The charging power on Batman's hand is a bit weird though. It feels more like Gambit's cards.

Yeah... Van Sciver's auras in his run are more like fire than in previous renditions. I don't particularly care for it on some of the characters, but it is accurate.

I'm not familiar with the source material, but this looks very awesome, so when / where are you going to meet Ethan Van Sciver to give this to him?

I'm not familiar with the source material, but this looks very awesome, so when / where are you going to meet Ethan Van Sciver to give this to him?

The source material came from Green Lantern #9. He appears as his Green Lantern alter-ego for the last 2 pages of the book, but Van Sciver drew the variant cover for the printing, which depicts looming over Gotham with the energy practically burning off of him. As for the when/where, The shop I frequent snagged him for tomorrow, when the Sinestro Corps debuts. Finally, I'll have the rest of my Rebirth issues autographed >.>

www.sinestrocorps.com

I like your use of the glowing green stuff. When I made a custom of this I used a DCSH wave one batman but I didn't have the green power things.