RUMOR: Hasbro to cancel Legends Wave 3

Bonz X

Sorry, but I find this rumor hard to believe. Not impossible...but hard to believe. IMO, it's being driven by people who are justifiably ticked-off about the distribution on Wave 2.

I can't believe that Hasbro would go to the trouble to aquire the license, then kill it after 2 waves. It would be an admission of titanic failure, especially considering that TOY-BIZ managed to do 17 complete waves and was still going strong when the license was taken from them (in the middle of 2006, the greatest year EVER for Marvel Legends...)

It is possible that Wave 3 will be delayed, and maybe (maybe!) in response to fan criticisms of the first two waves - perhaps they're trying to improve the paint apps and detailing.

I expect this line to continue for some time now.

But if Hasbro can't pull it off...maybe someone else will #US1#

I don't believe it, either.

But if true, I'd be in heaven! There's no way Marvel would NOT want a Legends line in stores...the license is killer! If HASBRO is dumb enough to screw this up, then as you say, maybe someone else would get the license!

And who might that someone else be???

MARVEL TOYS, maybe???

Think of it! Four waves per year...two more Face-Off waves per year...box-sets...6" movie figures...select lines dedicated to certain characters (SMC, FFC, etc...), everything a fan would want!!

I'd even put up with MARVEL TOY'S creaky joints and spotty distribution...just give the license back to a company that knows how to please their customers!!!

IMO...we MUST buy the "Legendary Comic Heroes" figs from MARVEL TOYS...all of them...whether we like the characters, or not. Show MARVEL what we, the fans, truly want. There's no way they'd fail to take notice.

Uh, if wave 3 is cancelled it will NOT represent a failure of the license in Hasbro's hands. Marvel Legends is NOT the whole license, its maybe 10% of it, if that. If the ML line stops it'll mean nothing to the OTHER lines Hasbro has for the Marvel license.

Hasbro has the license for 5 years, we are 6 months into the thing..........wait a year and see what transpires.

Besides..........has no-one been paying attention? The Q&A's would have not been answered or even instigated if the plan was to cancel the wave. They'd have a lot more forewarning, because the wave is already in the manufacturing pipeline.

Ask yourself some questions here: Who's making these rumours? What is their credibility, and can they be trusted? What/who are their sources?

Honestly, any nitwit can make a rumour, which is unofrtunately why we see a lot of them. Put stock into truths and facts--which appear less often.

I totally agree w/ you Arrow. Lets allow Hasbro to get their feet wet. Geesh, fanboys are a whining lot...

And as for the 'Legendary Heroes', add my name to the list of people who will NOT be buying them. Not a single one. Ever. Not even for trade-bait. Make mine Marvel. (And maybe DCSH...)

There is no way, no possible set of circumstances, that Hasbro is dumping Legends figures after two waves. They invested a lot of time, money, and PR into this line. Hasbro did not become the giant they are by making bad and costly choices regarding product.

Everyone should just give them some time.

it seem this romour is a load of #$@#. i mean why would hasbro do this? to satisfy fans? TB then do it when we complained.................... alot and neither will hasbro. they're the second biggest toy company in the world and maybe after the five year they'll buy the lisence again. people should just get over the fact that hasbro have the line and MOVE FRIGGING ON!!!!!!!

IMO, Hasbro isnt doing a bad job. The improved the ML packaging. The old design was dull and boring.

And compared to DCSH, at least I am able to find the whole series where DCSH I can only get them online or just stare at the pic on my monitor.

Uh, if wave 3 is cancelled it will NOT represent a failure of the license in Hasbro's hands. Marvel Legends is NOT the whole license, its maybe 10% of it, if that. If the ML line stops it'll mean nothing to the OTHER lines Hasbro has for the Marvel license.

Hasbro has the license for 5 years, we are 6 months into the thing..........wait a year and see what transpires.

Besides..........has no-one been paying attention? The Q&A's would have not been answered or even instigated if the plan was to cancel the wave. They'd have a lot more forewarning, because the wave is already in the manufacturing pipeline.

Ask yourself some questions here: Who's making these rumours? What is their credibility, and can they be trusted? What/who are their sources?

Honestly, any nitwit can make a rumour, which is unofrtunately why we see a lot of them. Put stock into truths and facts--which appear less often.

I beg to differ.

You are, of course, correct that "LEGENDS" was not the whole license. However, regardless of the actual percentage on worth to the license, a failure is a failure, and 10% is nothing to sneeze at. In addition, the Q&A's would not have addressed this, ever. No company offers bad news for customers in this format, especially ahead of a release schedule that demands they do so. Most corporate entities hold onto bad news until the bitter end.

As I said, I don't think this rumor is true.

This isn't a rumor, this is just BS. www.Hasbro.com/Marvel just started a little weekly feature on series 3 figures, starting this week with the Hydra soldier.

Seriously guys I know it's getting a little boring on the Marvel front till SDCC, but that doesn't mean every week someone or some website needs to start a new rumor as news.