How long til Hasbro run out of ideas for Marvel Legends?

gth_09

How long do you think ML will go on?

I'm sure that there are many characters out there that stiil need to be made or perfected but there will come a time when ideas will run out. Then would Hasbro just start making variations of well known characters & marketing them together with obscure characters that us fanboys want? I'm sure we will never see a series of obscure characters coz that will not make sense for Hasbro financially.

What do you think?

Count all of the ML done so far...Don't count the Boxsets & Variants of one character (count the name, once... leave out the Stealth, Ult. & Thor Buster) Now in single Clamshell or Cards how many did you total up?

There are 5000 different characters in the 616...I'm thinking another 4900 and we'll be in good shape!

If Zombies catches on...we could be seeing a whole new meaning for "Variants"

I kind of doubt they'll ever run out of ideas. When the line ends, it'll be because of another reason.

I started a thread on listing character/costume variations to address the point that there's dozens more potential waves possible for Marvel Legends, even re-using exosting characters and salting in more obscure, but visually interesting B-list characters.

As long as the will remains to product the line, there's pletny of characters to chose from to sate the wants of collectors.

They'll run out when nobody buys any...

I got to be honest I don't think they could ever run out. between alternate universes, new characters being created, doing different costumes, and updating characters with better technology like face-off cap and hulk.

you could re do the first 3 series, with the newer technology and most people would eat those figures up. not to mention we haven't seen any exiles, new mutants, gen x, and almost no spidey figures outside of box sets.

The ideas are endless, with many teams still needing most, if not all, of the characters...

Defenders (Hell Cat, Valkyrie, Nighthawk, Gargoyle, Moon Dragon, Son of Satan)

Exiles (Morph, Blink, Iron Man in Doom Cloak)

Alpha Flight

Cloak & Dagger

Jack of Hearts

Dazzler

BUT...

Let's face it, these are not the A-listers, and it's the A-listers that translate into money. Hasbro needs to find a right mix of new characters mixed in with some A-listers, and should pay attention to the fans who have stated which previously done Legends need improving on (my top choics has always been Dr. Doom, but there's also Namor in green trunks, Scarlet Witch, Rogue in classic costume, etc...).

It will be a tough balance, but Hasbro had the right idea. Planet Hulk was a good variation, as well as Battle Armor Thor. It was the movie figures that was the wrong way to go.

The Hasbro Legends may be in trouble. If you head over to the website Michael Crawford Review of the Week, and check out the review of Blob, you'll see what I'm talking about, especially the horrible distribution for Wave 2.

Personally, I want to see the legends continue for a long time. But it's the Spider-Man, Wolverine and Hulk figures that sell, and it wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro started up a whole new line and bailed on the Legends.