Samuel L. Jackson Is Nick Fury?

JayC

That would be amazing! Even if its not a huge part, that pretty much sets him up as the guy to play Nick Fury in any other future movies. It would be a really smart idea to have him play Nick Fury in the movie of the same name anyway, since its a lesser known character and Sam L. Jackson would bring in a lot more people than an actor like say, David Hasselhoff. Just imagine "Enough is enough! Ive had it with these muthaf*****g Hydra on this muthaf*****g Helicarrier!"

...I think I got carried away there.

once again here we go with a terrible choice for a classic character. the same thing happened with the kingpin in daredevil. they should not change history by making a character such as nick fury someone he is not. nothing against jackson but this is a terrible move in every way. pick someone else who fits the role a lot better. hasselhoff was a terrible choice as well, but at least they had the general idea right.

once again here we go with a terrible choice for a classic character. the same thing happened with the kingpin in daredevil. they should not change history by making a character such as nick fury someone he is not. nothing against jackson but this is a terrible move in every way. pick someone else who fits the role a lot better. hasselhoff was a terrible choice as well, but at least they had the general idea right.

Have you heard of the "Ultimate" universe.....Ultimate Fury has been black going on 6 years now...maybe more. I can't remember when Ultimate Fury debuted. Kingpin was something altogether different....since "Ultimate" Kingpin is white just like his regular Marvel universe counterpart. But I'm psyched for this.....Sam Jackson is great and this movie is just shaping up to be sweet as hell......It seems to be taking all the good things from the comics and so far.....not putting in any Hollywood craptactular additions or subtractions. Straight-up Marvel movie with a director that really seems to respect the comics and isn't trying to put his "personal" spin on things. As Sam would say "Bring it on M****F****r!!!!!!"

I would have preferred the classic Fury and Bruce Willis playing the part. However, if they must go the Ultimate-route, then obviously SLJ is a no-brainer and I think he will be awesome in the role.

Yea I agree, and your Bruce Willis suggestion is awesome. If they went with classic 616 Fury, I think he would make a great Nick Fury. That aside, Sam Jackson as the Ultimate Fury kicks major @$$. I just hope that the Iron Man flick stays close to the 616 version of IM because the I'm not a fan of Ultimate IM's origin. The look is fine but that origin wasn't my cup of tea for Stark.

Have you heard of the "Ultimate" universe.....Ultimate Fury has been black going on 6 years now...maybe more. I can't remember when Ultimate Fury debuted. Kingpin was something altogether different....since "Ultimate" Kingpin is white just like his regular Marvel universe counterpart. But I'm psyched for this.....Sam Jackson is great and this movie is just shaping up to be sweet as hell......It seems to be taking all the good things from the comics and so far.....not putting in any Hollywood craptactular additions or subtractions. Straight-up Marvel movie with a director that really seems to respect the comics and isn't trying to put his "personal" spin on things. As Sam would say "Bring it on M****F****r!!!!!!"

yeah i have heard of the ultimate universe and i have to say that it is horrible. never cared for how they told the origins of some of the characters. i just want to know why can't they make a movie that is accurate for a change. after all you never saw the real nick fury going around in the comics saying m****f****r all the time like jackson seems to in all of his movies. as far as the director respecting the comics he has done a good job with the iron man that i can see from the pics that were released all that time ago. after all this is not an ultimate iron man movie it is iron man. since it is iron man and not the craptacular ultimate then they need to go with bruce willis as fury and save sam jackson for when they decide to make an ultimate version.

Who else would it be!? Its made for him!

I AM NOT SO THRILLED ABOUT SAM PLAYING NICK FURY. I LOVE JACKSON, GREAT ACTOR IN EVERYTHING HE DOES. I THINK THAT WHEN THEY DO A MOVIE BASED ON A COMIC THEN THEY SHOULD TAKE THE CLASSIC LOOK OF THE HERO AND NOT THE REINVENTED ONE. TO BE HONEST THE CLASSIC NICK FURY IS WHAT MADE THE HERO WHAT IT IS. NO OFFENSE ABOUT THE ULTIMATE FURY. I LIKE HIM TOO. I HAVE EVERY COMIC OF SPIDERMAN AND ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN. I LOVE WHEN THERE ARE DIFFERENT UNIVERSES. NEW IDEAS AND EVERYTHING BUT FOR THE MOVIES I THINK THEY SHOULD TAKE THE ORIGINAL VERSION. THEY SHOULD CALL THE MOVIE ULTIMATE NICK FURY THEN :P JACKSON WILL DO A GREAT JOB DO. IRONMAN WILL BE GREAT.

i have to agree with mako and shokker. they should stick to the classic character and nothing less. if they do this with sam jackson then what are they going to do with captain america. cast someone that resembles a member of the taliban representing the cap.

i have to agree with mako and shokker. they should stick to the classic character and nothing less. if they do this with sam jackson then what are they going to do with captain america. cast someone that resembles a member of the taliban representing the cap.

That made no sense......

What? How is having Samuel L. Jackson play Nick Fury anything like having Captain Amerca played by "someone who resembles a member of the taliban"? How do you come to that connection? Bruce Willis would have made a great Nick Fury...about 10 years ago.

Frankly, it seems you don't have a problem with the choice of the actor, but the actors race. How else could you explain how you how you say Hasslehoff was a terrible choice, but they got the "general idea right".

Seriously, this whole thread is going in a completly wrong direction and I officially withdraw from play before this turns really ugly.

i don't have a problem with the actors race but keep the character the way he was in the original comics. i am tired of this politically correct crap screwing up movies these days. take it however you will but this is fact. for those who can't stomach this, too bad.

I don't think people having a problem w/ changes likes this necessarily means they have a problem w/ the race of the individual chosen for the role. The problem is, a character is around for decades, you get used to a certain "look" and then they just decide to change things up. I would not want to see a thin Kingpin, either. I never totally bought into Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor because in my mind Luthor should be bald. And the last thing I would ever want to see is a caucasian version of Blade.

At least this is following comic continuity somewhat because it is the Ultimate version. Problem is 9 out of 10 people hate the Ultimate Universe, lol. But honestly, making Michael Clarke Duncan Kingpin in 'Daredevil' was just a token move to try to broaden the appeal of the movie. It's pretty obvious that the Marvel Universe is about 95% white but I think the answer is creating new and exciting characters to create diversity...not screwing w/ characters that have been around for decades.

I'd agree, it may not be the Nick Fury that's familiar with most people but at least it is comic accurate in a sense and not just a pointless PC move.

As for Capt America looking like a Taliban member. Wtf!? @loll@

• 2 months later...

The Ultimate line was created to restart some of the franchises to allow new readers when the films came out, so for some people, SLJ is their definitive Nick Fury, and what with the ultimate universe not bogged down with continuity and have more up to date aspects to him.

I like Ultimate Nick Fury.

i have mixed emotions.

sammy l jackson

as

nick fury

is like the best thing ever

until

you realize that it's most likely going to be a pg - pg13 movie

so no f bombs and witty expressions of anger.

it's no pulp fiction or snakes on a plane.

and it would remind me of XXX that horrible vin diesel movie.

so as much as i'd like to say this is an awesome idea. i think i have to say it's not in the long run.