25th Anniversary full reviews - Destro and The Baroness

General_Hawk

Okay, everyone's been paying close attention to the YoJoe "First Looks"...

Well now you can keep your eyes on GeneralsJoes as well!

As YoJoe continues to get exclusive first looks at all 25th Anniversary figures, select figures will be featured as full blown reviews 24 hours after appearing on YoJoe!

Look for that blue background in the YoJoe pictures...if it's there, then that figure will appear the next day in the new Generals Joes 25th Anniversary Reviews section!

Our first victims...

The Baroness and Destro!

Enjoy!

Justin

Nice review!

nice reviews

the barroness and destro still are figures i am not going to be buying though lol.

There are little stops in the shoulder and ankle joints -

little nubs to keep the joints tight

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

and all the other stuff in that section is just more proof that Hasbro's toys are becoming cheap pieces of crap! sounds like they'll be worse quality then the comic pack figures and i always seemed to get the comic packs where the figures had defects!

Destro: I like! It looks much better than expected, even without the chrome head. I like his size too because in the cartoon he was depicted as being noticably taller than everyone else. The briefcase is a throwback to the original's backpack, and I think it's a nice added touch. I don't know if it's the photography or it's that way for real, but the black parts look like they could be blacker instead of dark grey, but that's my only complaint with this thing. I think a chrome head will show up eventually as an exclusive or something since Hasbro likes repaints, so I am not worried about that.

Baroness: let-down. the head is awful, the "wind-swept" hair is awful (why can't Hasbro keep it simple simple?), and her body proportions look odd (like an anhorexic with a fat face). It's obvious that they did the hair that way to accomodate the backpack, but I'd rather have no backpack and straight hair if given a choice because that would have made her look so much better. This could have been the best version of her, but I'll toss her in with the mediocre VvV/JvC versions and continue to see the original as the best.

these both looks amazing to me.

destro: I love the size of this figure! The only sculpting issue for me is the way the collar has a gap where it attaches... hopefully it can be easily glued in place. I would have preferred a shinier helmet too, but whatever. the details on the figure look great and he looks very very posable. His suitcase is utterly awesome too.

Baroness: I don't get what the problem is with her head sculpt. it looks fantastic to me. The only thing that needs changing is the paint on the top of her glasses being too thick, but that can be touched up easily. everything else is awesome!!!

I can't WAIT for these and I can't WAIT to see how awesome Serpentor looks!

DESTRO= bigthumbsup2jv7.png

BARONESS= bigthumbsdownwr1.png

Great review, but to be honest, the more I see of these figures, the less I like them.

The face sculpts on the "human" characters just aren't very sharp. I don't mind if they're "cartoony" but if they don't look like the cartoon, well, what's the point? I just don't think they're very well done. More to the point, look at Baroness' glasses - they look more like a painted on mask. Destro's nice but those eyes are just too green for me. Maybe I'm being a nitpicker, but the more I see these figures, the more details like these seem to bother me.

Another thing that's slowly started to bother me is the construction. I REALLY don't like that some of them have double-jointed knees while others don't. In fact, these are reminding me more and more of the Star Wars line, which bothered me more and more until I decided to sell them all (although I'd still buy vintage figures). I think what's going to end up with me is that I'll try to buy a loose Snake Eyes V1 and Storm Shadow V1, and maybe the odd other figure, but that's about it. I'm just not that excited for these.

Just some quick questions:

1. What would you have thought of the 25th ann. Baroness if she had real rooted hair?

2. What would you have thought of the 25th ann. Baroness if she had say. . .the plastic "poseable" hinged hair, like the Microman Supergirl and Batgirl?

-PJ

Just some quick questions:

1. What would you have thought of the 25th ann. Baroness if she had real rooted hair?

2. What would you have thought of the 25th ann. Baroness if she had say. . .the plastic "poseable" hinged hair, like the Microman Supergirl and Batgirl?

-PJ

1. Wouldn't bother me at all.

2. That would probably look stupid on her

Cool. Now those are the reviews I was talkin' about!

Destro: Wow, he can SIT! Other than that blurry Snake Eyes pic and the one of CC crammed in the F.A.N.G., I think that's the first clear "sitting" pic we've ever seen.

Baroness: Why the hell does she even HAVE a backpack? It's like they needed to give her SOMETHING and hell, I'd have taken that gun removable from the holster over a crappy backpack. I wonder if they coulda done removable glasses like the comic pack. They might have ended up "coke bottle" like the comic pack, but I dunno. Maybe just the frames?

The funny thing was practically EVERYBODY back in RAH had a backpack. Part of it was to hide the screw hole in the back. So why not here? Why do SOME guys have them and not others?

And, as Dprime mentioned, why do SOME have "full" articulation but not others?

Oh and are you going to put up a thread for the Flint review?

Man that Flint is horrid!

Man boobs

Pot bellied

pouty lipped

diaper crotched

flat headed

receeding hairlined

ungloved

Duke uniform wearin'

latex glove wearin'

freak of unimpressive hunk-o-junk of plastic! Modern technology??? My ass! #yuk@#

flint-5.jpg

Looks like George Takei (aka sulu) silent11.jpg

The break in the forearms for the added articulation, looks like sh@# also. Terrible design and looks like their wearing latex gloves. Unless the forearm is perfectly ROUND, when you turn the hands to pose it, it leaves an odd looking gap and uneven visible break.

Lose this feature QUICK Hasbro...it sucks! @grumpy@

I was trying to figure out which new sculpt baroness head to try and mod to fit the baroness figure (I was leaning towards the JvC, using the 25th hair) but i think i kinda agree with carlmule on the figure looking closer.

the paint job on her glasses is not good. the paint goes on up onto her forehead and down into where her head should be under the glasses also, making them about three times as thick as they should be on top, and even a little thick on the bottom. it isnt a definate fix, but it might be worth the time to check into.

as for flint, i think adding some modeling puddy to the back of his hands, making them wider than his forearms, and painting them brown to match the old one might do the trick. both would be quick, easy fixes.