Flash #13

Rollo Tomassi

Did anybody read this one?

SPOILER ALERT

So I was looking at the solicitations for DC they posted at the beginning of the week and noticed that Flash was issue #232. I thought to myself. Strange. Misprint? Then I picked up #13 today and THEY KILLED BART.

Yup. A mere 13 issues into his run as the Fastest Man Alive, Bart Allen shuffled off the mortal coil. Next month is an issue called All Flash #1. Then I guess they revert to the old numbering system. Does this mean Wally is coming back? I have no idea. Maybe they are even pulling a Hal Jordan and bringing back Barry. In any case, he went out like a hero. It was quite shocking, considering they rebooted the series for him.

Your thoughts?

I was not surprised that they did it, I just didn't (and still don't) see the reason for it. IMO it shows a lack of faith in having Bart become the Flash in the first place. As others have stated elsewhere, they wanted domething big to happen to the Flash family in IC and so they messd with Bart and ushered Wally away in the aftermath. Now I'm not sure in you read JLA #10, but if you did you'll understand Flash a little better and wonder what DC is thinking.

I read both JLA #10 and Flash #13 and it gets me to wondering just why they killed him off? Was it the company's lack of faith? Was he not getting a good response from readers? Or was the sales down for The Flash? Whatever the reason, I'm glad that

Wally's back, and on the League.

Nuff Said

So who do u guys think the legion was after all along i think they were after bart since he wont stay dead for long and the fact that one of them was in tokyo tips me off in thinking that its bart and not barry that they broght back any ideas?

In JLA 10 I am not sure who they were tring to bring back... They got Wally, but later The Legion said they hope they got the right one... so were they trying for Wally, Bart, or Barry... more questions.

Well,since Mark Waid is taking over again,I'm guessing Wally. Why they don't bring Barry back is beyond me. Marv Wolfman even said he has a "back door" in place to bring Barry back if anyone wanted to do so. All they have to do is ask him.

I'm not too surprise that they brought back Wally. I'm thinking the the LOSH are trying to bring back Wally's kids because the mention that Wally wasn't the one they were looking for.

• 4 weeks later...

It came as a shock to me too. And I was a little sad to see Bart go, but it was for the best. There are way too many characters from the future running around messing with continuity as it is, an then that hole 4 years in the speed force thing was getting way out of hand. Even though I liked the character, he was just too confusing, especially to be the Flash. Wally West was my favorite Flash, so I'm absolutely happy to see him reclaim the mantle.

It's also good for my wallet because I accidently bough Flash Fastest Man #1, and couldn't find a good place to quit the book until now.

I bought Flash:FMA #11 thinking that I could get to know the new Flash, see what his powers could do etc etc, and two issues later they freaking kill him!

What's going to be annoying now is that DC have alienated all the new readers because to understand the new stories and continuity, you need to do some catch up on the history of Wally. For someone that has only just started to read The Flash I feel as though I'm gonna have to do some research into Wally with regard to where he's been/Linda Park's involvement/the twins etc. Thanks DC.

• 1 month later...