Iron Man HOT!

drzenith

During the 90's nobody really cared about Iron Man, but the 21st century saw a slight awareness. After Civil War, everybody wants Iron Man. With his movie coming out in 2008, he would become INVINCIBLE.

Now to the toys, it is ridiculous to pay more for Iron Man like Modern or Ultimate.

Would it be better if Hasbro release in future editions like:

1.) Civil War Iron Man - same removable mask like the Ultimate version compared to the faceoff type from previous ones. The design maybe the same for the Modern Ironman except for better color especially around the body (Modern has some yellow, Adi Granov designs were all red). This would be the hottest toy and if release before the movie it would be hot. {Hasbro Marketing - think. This is for the best of the company}

2.) Iron Man box sets - bad for previous collectors but good for newbies who missed the first few Iron Man. Imagine it contains Stealth Armor Iron Man, Classic Iron Man, etc.

Iron Man has become a hot commodity and he is here to stay. What do you think?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally have noticed a trend in his popularity which is why he is a getting a movie due next year. I, however, am not a big fan of his. Sure I think he is tough, just never felt anything for the character. I also find it strange how his toys sell. I mean here in So Cal, his ML 8 Modern Armor was apeg warmer which i foolishly passed up. Now every ironman figure is purchased in hopes it will be the next "stealth or modern" figure for everyone to ebay. KB Toys just put the ML 14 & 15 on clearance where u can buy 1 for $4 and get a 2nd half off! What sold out? All the friggin Ironmans. I saw a guy buy 6 thor buster ironmans. When I asked him why so many he said....."gifts" I had to laugh adn just say ok sure bud. I just dont get it.....

He's hot because he's righteous, and he rocks. I support Stark's position in Civil War; always have, always will, despite what the editorial staff at Marvel will try to say. Cap was wrong, wrong, WRONG!

(Also, IM is hot because he comes in a plethora of cool costumes, all of which can be made into l'il plastic figures.)

#US1#

with hasbro rereleasing spidey figs in metallic form, it seems only logical to release a box set of the best previous iron men all shiny and metallic.

the gold 1st app iron man (but shiny like the old avengers box set variant was)

put a clear dome and masked head on the hulk buster and make it the underwater armor

a metallic blue (like the hasbro spidey 2099) version of the series 1 stealth iron man

a metallic red and yellow (not burgandy and mustard) modern iron man

and a series 1 gold variant (with the pointy mask) but shiny like the ult one was.

or maybe .....gasp,,,,even a new sculpted one

i think that'd be cool

Iron Man is cool, and I hope the Live action movie is better than that stupid ass animated one.

Iron Man is an @$$hole. However, since Civil War his book has gotten drastically better. Ultimate Ironman is pretty sweet, He is still a womanizing drunk in Ultimates. "She was like me, but with perfect breasts, and you know that has always been a fantasy of mine." HA!

I've always liked Iron Man. I think the character is quite interesting. Billionair playboy... sure, like Bruce Wayne, but add his problems with alchohol, and you'll get a real human beign. I also like the ultimate version too. I've been hunting for a ML8 modern armor Iron Man on Ebay for ages now...

Civil War Iron Man (Hasbro) VS Modern Iron Man (Toybiz)

If Hasbro decides to produce Civil War Iron Man here are the plus/minus they need to consider:

Plus:

• <>Removable Helmet (similar to Ultimate Iron-man) (fans would rather see Tony Stark Unmasked fully compared to simply removing the faceplate.)
  • <>Better Body sculpt (Modern Ironman body is not proportional. It looks like Yao Ming is inside the armor due to the length from waist to head)
  • <>Better Paint (Modern Ironman looks maroon red compared to the actual Iron man red, Hasbro should change it akin to the comic version with no yellow color at the torso)
  • <>Good Marketing (producing one before the Ironman movie in May 2008 is the best marketing move. Hasbro already has plans to produce Ironman Movie Action Figures and to produce one for Legend would simply have product cannibalization. But learn from mistakes Spiderman 3 didn't meet expectations since collectors still prefer Legends over 5 inch ones.)

Minus

• <>Time constraint (Hasbro does not have the time to mold and design Civil War Ironman on time before the movie is release)
  • <>Product Cannibalization (Ironman movie action figures are already in the works with 5 inch scale)
  • <>Cost Effectiveness (How effective would Ironman be in the market? The Hasbro Thinktank prefers to utilize the X3 figures before doing others. The mold has already been set)
  • <>Civil War is fading (The storyline occured in 2006-2007 and a 2008 released would be deemed a little bit too late)

Bottomline:

What does Hasbro has to lose in producing Civil War Iron Man as quickly as possible? There are more to gain than to lose, but once the window of opportunity closes so does profits. It is now or never, unless they want to produce Civil War Iron Man in 2010 and beyond, by that time Galactus has already devoured Earth.

He's hot because he's righteous, and he rocks. I support Stark's position in Civil War; always have, always will, despite what the editorial staff at Marvel will try to say. Cap was wrong, wrong, WRONG!

(Also, IM is hot because he comes in a plethora of cool costumes, all of which can be made into l'il plastic figures.)

#US1#

I agree with this. Tony and his boys made some poor decisions during the war, but I firmly believe that registration is the right thing. The biggest problem is the government using super-people for evil means. It seems to me that Tony is trying to protect them by not telling people their real names during training or any other time (Avengers: Initiative).

There was a story where government agents blackmailed Wonderman into working for them and Cloud 9 certainly doesn't seem interested in fighting.

Iron Man is still very popular because non-comic readers don't know much about the Civil War. Especially since the release of the cartoon, Iron Man has been very popular with little kids. I don't think that will change.

Iron Man, eh. If you like power rangers, then he is cool..

but I think he is gay

This is why I'm Hot (Tony Starks remix)

This is why I'm hot...

This is why you not;

I built most of the stuff that the Army bought

you run you'll get caught

I think the neg zone will have another drought

If I want to I'll shut down the whole spot

You won't even be able to get off a shot

My team is way better than the SWAT

I'll create viruses that corrupt your data slot

this is why I'm hot...

THIS IS WHY I'M HOTT!!!

but I think he is gay

...You mean "gay" like half-naked, sweaty, overly-steroidal guys wrestling with each other, or some other kind of "gay"??

@loll@

I was really loving IM until his role in Civil War. Now, he is just another wasted hero/villian mix to me.

AND we're forced to tread water with dull Captain America filler stpories till he comes back in a year or so.

I personally love Iron Man as a character. Now I do hate the way things have developed for him with the whole Civil War fiasco and how he treated Spidey, but it does add a new element to his character as the man you love to hate.

I can't wait to see what Thor does to him after he finds out he was cloned

Now if only HAsbro can translate this to cool action figure like Titianium Man, Crimson Dynamo, the Dreadnought, Whirlwind, and the Unicorn then all would be well

oh and by the way, Ares is crazy

the IM version fo this is why I'm hot is hilarious

How many Iron Man armors are there in Tony Stark's armory?

They all look pretty the same.

Actually BigBear has a point on certain villains that Hasbro need to use in case they decided to make an Iron Man BAF. Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo are cool to have.

Even though he does not have a villains gallery of villains, being one makes him quite different.

Top 5 Iron Man villians could be in any order: 1.) Mandarin, 2.) Obadiah Stane AKA Iron Monger, 3.) Madame Masque, 4.) Justin Hammer, 5.) Immortus

By the Way, if those of you can't wait for the Iron Man movie next year. Check out the Invicible Iron Man cartoons from Lionsgate.

It is actually cool seeing his First Appearance Silver Iron Man in action, plus Jim Rhodes and Pepper Potts cameo.

This is why I'm Hot (Tony Starks remix)

This is why I'm hot...

This is why you not;

I built most of the stuff that the Army bought

you run you'll get caught

I think the neg zone will have another drought

If I want to I'll shut down the whole spot

You won't even be able to get off a shot

My team is way better than the SWAT

I'll create viruses that corrupt your data slot

this is why I'm hot...

THIS IS WHY I'M HOTT!!!

LOL. Everytime I read this thread title I think of that song. Glad I wasn't the only one. Your version is better, lol.

but I think he is gay

...You mean "gay" like half-naked, sweaty, overly-steroidal guys wrestling with each other, or some other kind of "gay"??

@loll@

LMFAO

Heard the Titanium BAF would be announce at SDCC:

• Space Armor Iron Man
  • Crimson Dynamo
  • Count Nefaria
  • Radioactive Man
  • Heroes Reborn Iron Man
  • Ultimate Black Widow
  • Titanium Man (Build-A-Figure)

Any true to this rumor?