NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wheeljack35

My lord this is what we have forward to looking to in 2008?

cartooncrap.jpg

cartooncrap2.jpg

A first look of of "Transformers Animated" Optimus Prime have surfaced up on the internet. According to the gallery owner's naming conventions, these scanned articles are from the "Licensing International Expo 2007" that started today and runs until the 21st of this month. The two scans, other than showing off the look of the new 2-D Optimus Prime, also reveal some new, albiet contradicting information on the new Hasbro and Cartoon Network-partnered show.

According to article scan, the show will start in January 2008 airing as a Saturday morning series on Cartoon Network and will expand to "five times a week later in the year." However, the scanned flyer seems to contradict the article. The flyer reads that the series and toyline will begin in "Spring 2008" with the full licensed roll out that summer. Which one is actually accurate is unknown at this time.

The show will contain 26, 30 minute episodes as well as a 90 minute special.

The article quotes Transformers Director of Marketing Michael Verracchia as saying that the show will be supported on TV and "through Web-based initiatives, product partnerships, and promotional partnerships."

No new characters have been revealed in the article or the flyer and only lists "Optimus Prime, Megatron, and a host of new characters."

Take a read of the original scans and a look at Optimus Prime's new design in the image gallery.

"Transformers Animated" will be developed by Executive Producer Sam Register (Teen Titans); Line Producer Vincent Aniceto (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends); Head Writer Marty Isenberg (X-Men, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles); and Lead Character Designer Derrick Wyatt (Teen Titans).

Previously announced voice actors include Tom Kenny (Starscream), and Tara Strong (Suri).

Previous rumors include Frank Welker-confirmed Corey Burton (Megatron) and David Kaye self-proclaiming he will portray Optimus Prime.

Check out the origional article here

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is better than the anime crap we have been getting lately. Go western art.

BTW I am being sarcastic to those anime bashers who thinks everything american is drawn better.

Seriously, what do you guys expect from a studio who's art style is stylish like this? Were you expecting a more serious art direction like DIC's Gi joe or MOTU 2000 as oppose to stuff like Ed, Edd, and Eddy or the Clone Wars? Dream on.

Nowadays, western art are either infulenced by anime (mostly shows made by the french) or stylish like this above. Seems like the more realistic-looking art form in western art is somewhat rare unless it is a 3d show. I mean even the Batman(which does not constitute as anime simply because the art director is Japanese american) is more stylish than Bruce Timm's DCU style, which existed for a decade.

This will be interesting since Hasbro will most likely blame any fan's dissapproval on the producers and writers of Cartoon Network instead of those who worked in Gonzo and Takara. If this happens, we know that some of the faults are Hasbro since it seems too much of a coincidences of them always being in the right and blame the show failures on other companies.

Well that's Hasbro for you thinking that they can somehow find a way to seperate kids from collectors for a new line and show.

The end results won't be pretty.

That style they're using is goofy as all hell.

If people actually like THIS, I'll puke. And you all know how big I am about giving everything a chance.

I thought this would have been the perfect time, right after the hype of the movie, to come out with a balls to wall new toon, instead we get "Teen Transformers!"

...yea.

Looking at the bright side, it looks like I'll finally get that good long rest for my wallet.

No have you seen the shows there nowadays?

that home for monsters crap doesn't have an anime influence

I know it doesn't. I never said that all western cartoons have anime infulence. I said western shows today are either BASED on anime(mostly cartoons made by the French) or stylish(which Foster's home for Imagnary Monsters is based on). From judging on the art style of Prime, it falls under the stylish catagory. Most western cartoons are stylish as oppose to anime inspired, but those (who hate anime) thinks that anime is taking over the american airwaves and thus blame whatever cartoon they hate as anime. Just that a lot of anime bashers will blame anime who any style they hate.

It is cheaper to draw Prime like he appears in the above image than drawing him as he appears in the DW/IDW comics.

Wow, this is better than the anime crap we have been getting lately. Go western art.

BTW I am being sarcastic to those anime bashers who thinks everything american is drawn better.

Seriously, what do you guys expect from a studio who's art style is stylish like this? Were you expecting a more serious art direction like DIC's Gi joe or MOTU 2000 as oppose to stuff like Ed, Edd, and Eddy or the Clone Wars? Dream on.

I don't think everything american is drawn better, but I think we come up with better stories.

I didn't mind the recent run of shows too much. There were some really good parts and some that were just.....too odd.

I somehow think I might have enjoyed it a bit more if I dropped a couple hits of acid before watching them though.

Quite simply what works for japanese audiences doesn't always work with american audiences. If Hasbro went more in the Beast Wars direction for storytelling combined with some great new character and toy designs then I think it would have been HUGE coming right after what is going to be an insanely successful movie.

Instead, I think they're really going to kill some momentum.

I don't think everything american is drawn better, but I think we come up with better stories.

I didn't mind the recent run of shows too much. There were some really good parts and some that were just.....too odd.

I somehow think I might have enjoyed it a bit more if I dropped a couple hits of acid before watching them though.

Quite simply what works for japanese audiences doesn't always work with american audiences. If Hasbro went more in the Beast Wars direction for storytelling combined with some great new character and toy designs then I think it would have been HUGE coming right after what is going to be an insanely successful movie.

Instead, I think they're really going to kill some momentum.

True and I respect your opinions. Just that a lot of ppl think anime=crap. As for storyline, I disagree with you if you mean that american stoys are better than anime in general. Just that anime has a wider range that aims to 1 year olds to horny college students. However, if you compare the original version of Beast Wars to that of the japanese dub or any japanese post g1 show, you are right.

Just that I think the people involved with Transformer in Japan treat the post TF shows as a young kid's product while mainframe treated it more for the teenage crowd. I think that is why the storyline in BW and BM were better than the post g1 Transformers anime.

Then again, most, if not all of mainframes cartoons were aimed towards the teenage crowd. Besides Beast Wars, War Planet, Max Steel, and Beast Machines were serious in tone. Teenage as in those in middle school. Sadly, I think only Mainframe and Bruce Timm's DCU made their shows for older kids.

However, we can't simply judge the art of the new Tf show as having a crappy storyline. Then again, Sigma 6 was written by americans, so yeah.

Why can't it be G1? :(

looks like G1 Optimus to me, just drawn in a different style.

so you G1 purists get what you have been clamoring for...rehashes of G1 designs, but with a daring new twist!

Hmmm...is that DC's Lobo dressed in Optimus cosplay??

Two words for this promo image:

PURE S#!T.

Starman

The way this is stylized, it looks like it could be a FLASH-animated series, and if so, its likely being done domestically.

That's means the whole series might be done in North America--with a spring 2008 debut, its already in production and has been since January-ish, by my guess.

Now, that might not appease people due to the style--and FLASH has definite limits ( Gawd, do I know that.....), but its a small concession and definitely will not be anime.

Ultimately, it'll depend on the kinds of stories they try to tell.

I'm actually a bit surprised this series is not CGI, but I guess the really cartoony style is something they haven't tried up until now.

The way this is stylized, it looks like it could be a FLASH-animated series, and if so, its likely being done domestically.

That's means the whole series might be done in North America--with a spring 2008 debut, its already in production and has been since January-ish, by my guess.

Now, that might not appease people due to the style--and FLASH has definite limits ( Gawd, do I know that.....), but its a small concession and definitely will not be anime.

Ultimately, it'll depend on the kinds of stories they try to tell.

I'm actually a bit surprised this series is not CGI, but I guess the really cartoony style is something they haven't tried up until now.

I agree. I think we have to see what type of stories this series will have. will it be awsome or terrible

Keep in mind that the intitial impressions of the 90's Batman Animated series, and the much later Clone Wars cartoons were not favourable.

People thought that Batman was going to be a whimsical character based on the look, and the same with Clone Wars. The assumption was that if it was cartoony in design, it would be goofy in nature.

Both those shows put that idea to the lie.

Visual styles today are bolder and more varied because that is something that makes them stand apart.

But good stories are what really make a series shine.

Its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to judge this series on a one-sheet alone. Wait until more of the premise and some story synopsis are revealed to pass judgement on it.

Wow that looks horrid. Not the overly simplistic style, but his @##@@ face! It's like super long. It really really looks like a child drew it.

Still, I'll give the serise a chance. I gave every series a one episode chance.

But why go from super extreme detail cgi of the movie, where you can't fit all the detail into the toys, to the most basic non-detailed cartoony style, where there's no way the toys can be that simple?