Which series would you liked to have gone one more season?

yojoebro82

Obviously it'll never happen, but it you could have picked ONE ST series to go on for one more season, which would it be and what would you want to happen in it?

Enterprise season 5

TOS season 4

TNG season 8

DS9 season 8

Voyager season 8

I agree with Enterprise. It should have got one more season. However, I really wanted a eighth season of Deep space nine. There were so many stories and ideas they could have used afterthe dominion war. I know they continued it in the books but it is just not the same!

hmm........TOS? No not really. Season Three just seemed to be cheesy most of the time. Imagine what a Season Four would have been like. TNG? No. That series was wrapped up pretty well at the end of Season Seven. Don't know what could have been done with Season Eight. DS9? Yeah. A prologue season would have been nice. Seems too much was left hanging by the end. Think they were relying too much on them to take over the movie franchise. Voyager? No way. An Eighth Season would have been too much. That was one series I was glad was over. Enterprise? Without a doubt. The sad thing is,they finally hit their stride in Season Four when they pulled the plug. I think they could have kept picking up steam through the final three seasons and be on par with at least TNG when it was all said and done.

hmm........TOS? No not really. Season Three just seemed to be cheesy most of the time. Imagine what a Season Four would have been like. TNG? No. That series was wrapped up pretty well at the end of Season Seven. Don't know what could have been done with Season Eight. DS9? Yeah. A prologue season would have been nice. Seems too much was left hanging by the end. Think they were relying too much on them to take over the movie franchise. Voyager? No way. An Eighth Season would have been too much. That was one series I was glad was over. Enterprise? Without a doubt. The sad thing is,they finally hit their stride in Season Four when they pulled the plug. I think they could have kept picking up steam through the final three seasons and be on par with at least TNG when it was all said and done.

Out of five shows, I agree with eveything you said.

TOS-nope (I agree, got cheesy)

TNG-nope (we all liked it, but by season 7, their run was was done)

DS9-YES (LOTS more stories to tell)

Voy-nope (they got home. The End)

Ent-YES (people gave up on it too soon)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

voyager it would have been neat to have like a movie tv show or something of them puttering around on earth & what not :D HEck just just make it an other season :)

How ever one thing I really would have liked to see like others have said is another season of ds9! There was just so much more to tell like others have said!

TNG I am happy with I Think they did all they could do really

TOS... Uhm... Did it have a ending/last episode?.. If so what was it?.. I think the movies pretty much cover anything after the tos series :S WOW What the heck was the TOS ending?.. I can't think of it...

Entertprise... eh... I'd say it needed one to make up for that last crap episode UHG! BOOO! HISSS! :S

Sigh... I kind of miss trek :( its about time we get another new series isn't it?.. But its like what the heck else can they really do?.. Not much unless they get some high quality actors & some decent scripts that have not been done before in trek ... Oh wait they have allready done everything multiple times at that!! dang! :(

I miss the good old days where I would sit down and watch tv for like ... 3 hours or something ... WOuld watch reboot and beastwars & then ds9 & voyager all in the same time frame HEH!

TOS = not really in retrospect

TNG = I think 7 seasons was the max they could do with the show (just look at how most of the movies turned out)

DS9 = Yes, Yes, Yes

VOY : nope, 7 seasons was too long anyways.

ENT : havent seen the later seasons so no idea

By the way, there is a new ongoing comic by IDW : TOS = Year 4

Guest DavAnthony

TOS-tough to say, considering that some of the worst shows of that series run came about in the third season I'd say probably not. Although I still think overall it was the best of any of the Star Trek series

TNG-man I think that show went on a few seasons too long. It had become the Data and Picard show. If we had one more "Data is dreaming" episode or "Data is confused" episode OR Picard yelling to the camera (or more appropriately we the audience) about what is "RIGHT and WRONG", I was going to freak. Considering how politically correct this show got as it's seasons and the 90's progressed I think it was a good thing it was put out of our misery when it was. It started off fun and had the true feel of adventure that Star Trek is supposed to feel, but as it went on it just lost that fun and excitement and got stuffy and self important like Picard or Stewart. However if they would of taken that extra season to spend on the other members of the crew (Riker, LaForge, Crusher,Troi) then I would of been for it.

DS9-it was a great show once it picked up steam. I think this show , after a rocky start, was perfectly executed at the end. You don't even feel their needs to be movies because the series was tied up so nicely. I still miss the characters and the shows but I feel the Series iteself was taken care of.

Voyager-eh, hard to say. I really didn't like 7 of 9. Great ass but I found her to be too blatant of a T&A approach to get viewers interested. Instead of coming up with original ideas, Berman went the Baywatch route and that was the beginning of the end of the end for the Star Trek franchise.

Enterprise-YES, this show finally founds it's place in the third season and would of done awesome in it's subsequent seasons. Especially once Manny Coto got on board. The entire show started to feel like it actually took place in the Classic series era. This show got nailed by the corp suits and that was too bad.

• 1 month later...

TNG. Definitely.

I would trade away all the TNG movies for one more season. Heck - I would trade away Deep Space Nine for another season of TNG.

• 3 weeks later...

TOS deserved to die. It had a second chance and got cancelled... twice.

VOY should have simply been a continuation of TNG. When the cast gets too expensive or demanding, promote or kill off their characters and put new characters in thier places. Janeway could have been the next captain of the Enterprise. No need to reinvent that wheel especially when all it does is to continue to fragment the fanbase.

DS9 went out on top. I'd hate to have seen it wear out its welcome by adding another season.

ENT should have been a reimagining of TOS. All they really needed to do was change the names of the characters and it would have gotten a much bigger audience. As it was it took far too long to find its audience and only further divided the overall fandom.

All that said, I'd have to give another season to the animated series. That show never got a fair shake. It was a prime time quality series produced for Saturday morning television. If NBC thought the original was "too cerebral" for most adult markets, what the hell were they thinking putting this show on in this time slot? Morons.

TAS was way ahead of its time and terribly underappreciated. At least it won an Emmy. More than any other series this Trek deserved another shot.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved DS9. Loved it! Loved it soo much my wedding reception was at Quarks. It ended very well, but I still think that there should have been a movie for that cast. They did the best job IMO, and deserved a shot at the silver screen.

TNG's last season was hit or miss, and I think w/o changing the tone of the whole series it had run it's coarse.

Voyager was the death of the TV franchise. Their formula os "sex sells" meets "lost In Space" really tuned me out. And 7 of 9 looked like she was in pain all the time.

Enterprise really got screwed. All Star Treks take a couple of seasons to heat up, and Enterprise was following that trend. Like many young shows this one was ripped away from us in its prime.

This re-imagining of TOS scares me. If it were TV I'd be OK with it. But just as a movie format, I'm tentative. I hope it's good.

To me what Star Trek needs is to take all the actors from TNG, DS9, & VOY and write an all new show using who-ever will sign on, and use the rest as guest stars, and take a Starfleet Command approach. Literally tie all the shows together, add a little dash of starfleet acadamy, the corp of engineers, and starfleet medical and you have a deeply interesting show that embodies the whole Star Trek universe. It would have elemnts of Jag, ER, & west wing, meets Star Trek Earth.

I would call it Starfleet Command, or Star Trek: Terra Prime or something.

I loved DS9. Loved it! Loved it soo much my wedding reception was at Quarks. It ended very well, but I still think that there should have been a movie for that cast. They did the best job IMO, and deserved a shot at the silver screen.

Voyager was the death of the TV franchise. Their formula os "sex sells" meets "lost In Space" really tuned me out.

Enterprise really got screwed.

As a fan of DS9 I would have loved to see a movie. Realistically though, it would never happen. It's still thought of as "just another Star Trek spin off", even though it isn't! Heck, they could have ditched the Star Trek title and just called it Deep Space Nine for all I care.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Voyager was the death of the TV franchise. Their formula os "sex sells" meets "lost In Space" really tuned me out.

Enterprise really got screwed.

As a fan of DS9 I would have loved to see a movie. Realistically though, it would never happen. It's still thought of as "just another Star Trek spin off", even though it isn't! Heck, they could have ditched the Star Trek title and just called it Deep Space Nine for all I care.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Who knows, after the success of BSG maybe there's wings for the older Ron Moore stuff. Just look at this thread here, a majority of people agree that DS9 was a great show. So who knows whats in store. I agree it's a long shot, but it's fun to dream, and at least the follow-up DS9 books were good.

• 1 month later...

ENT was saddly offed to soon. I am a huge fan of TNG, but after the movie First Contact I was wish they had stopped... the next few movies... not so good. The series seemed complete at that point.

then you have Ent that was screwed from the get-go... how can you have a star-trek show follow a crappy sit-com on a crappy network aimed at black youths? How many Moesha fans are gonna stick around to watch Enterprise? How many trekkies are gonna want to watch an episode of the Hugglies before the show they want to watch? If it was aired originally on the sci-fi network it would have lasted 7 seasons no problem... and been better to boot. Ent was an awesome show and by far my second favorite trek series of all time... TNG takes first place there.