Anyone else hate the 25th anniversary figures?

Toiletmonkey1

I'm going to give them a chance, but my first impression was that the legs are badly proportioned.

I'm hoping that Major Bludd and Buzzer will be perfect.

That's because Hasbro is basing them on Microman figures, which typically have thin arms and legs and elongated heads.

They'll improve once they realize what they're doing.

Well I don't like them for some of the reasons already stated. And like most I to will give them a chance. For me they just don't seem to fit into years of collecting I all ready have. Maybe with time Hasbro will fix that. I guess I will have to wait and see.

I don't hate them at all, I think they are rather cool figures. but I am not terribly excited for them and am not sure whether I am going to buy them or not. while I don't think a Joe needs an o-ring to be a Joe, as I look around at my collection and customs, it is a characteristic that I think I prefer on my figures, which is why I have never bought any figures from other lines that I have thought looked cool.

Guest DavAnthony

There is room for improvement but I feel they are alot better then VvsV (not as good as the better figures of JvsC) and a hell of alot better then anything Sigma Six came out with. If this is the starting point and Hasbro actually pays attention this time to suggestions (as they do with Star Wars) then I think the figures will do well.

IF they do that and also come out with a cartoon that isn't aimed to the lowest denominator and actually attemtps a story, character, decent voice acting and some actually quality then I think GiJoe will probably take off again to pretty successful levels.

The chances of seeing an all-new cartoon based on this incarnation of these characters is pretty much nil.

If there's another attempt, it'll more likely be with designs that are not so dated.

I don't hate them but I have a serious lack of excitement for them coming out. I'm still getting them all as I think they look great but I really don't have that sense of thrill that I used to have when something G.I. Joe was coming out. I also don't want to get too excited because of Hasbro's approach with GI Joe in the past. This line may not last very long or it may hold out...we'll see.

I am just going to pick and choose what i want. If I don't like it, the I want buy it. I know I know crazy thinking here!

Crazy?? The very IDEA is sacreligious! Blasphemous!!<spit, spit>

Why if collectors were to suddenly PICK and CHOOSE only those figures they LIKED and simply ignored those they did not, there would be NOTHING left to complain about!! <spit, spit>

Nothing to complain about...........no fun..............no fun, no hobby!

And THEN what would we all do???

(Anyone who cannot tell I'm being sarcASStic, has to pay up the cost of one of these new joes as penance! I'll send my shipping address to those so humbled.)

Well I don't like them for some of the reasons already stated. And like most I to will give them a chance. For me they just don't seem to fit into years of collecting I all ready have. Maybe with time Hasbro will fix that. I guess I will have to wait and see.

WHAT reasons? Except for EvilGenius's comment about the legs, nobody has said "why". Just "I don't like them".

Perosnally, I think we are jumping the gun. Only a handful of people actually have these in hand and their reviews are, well, mediocre. I'm not saying these are the BEST or the WORST. Just that a handful of pictures of the figures standing are not indicative of them being a quality (and FUN) product...or not.

I am just going to pick and choose what i want. If I don't like it, the I want buy it. I know I know crazy thinking here!

Crazy?? The very IDEA is sacreligious! Blasphemous!!<spit, spit>

Why if collectors were to suddenly PICK and CHOOSE only those figures they LIKED and simply ignored those they did not, there would be NOTHING left to complain about!! <spit, spit>

Nothing to complain about...........no fun..............no fun, no hobby!

And THEN what would we all do???

(Anyone who cannot tell I'm being sarcASStic, has to pay up the cost of one of these new joes as penance! I'll send my shipping address to those so humbled.)

I am rolling on floor! @loll@ @loll@

The only one I am truely disappointed in is the Baroness. They put a fat girl's head on a skinny girl's body, and her legs are spread so fart apart at the crotch it looks so unrealistic.

That one was a major buy for me too, up until I saw it.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=vie...600&start=0

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=vie...600&start=0

Well so far we have two people that don't like the hips and a bunch that "just don't like them."

Is it JUST the hips or something more?

As I see it those hips are the biggest design flaw. They resemble the Marvel Legends and those hips SUCK.

Is it any wonder why we've seen a whopping ONE picture of a 2th figure SITTING? That pic of CC in the F.A.N.G. doesn't count.

But if it'something else? Well I still think it's too early to say. Even, really, for the hip thing.

At the earliest, I'll waiting until I see a kick ass review by General Hawk, for example, to really say...baring getting one to look at for myself.

The only gripes I have include the crazy knee and ankle joints, and like someone else stated, the face-sculpts look kinda cartoony. Otherwise, I think Hasbro's on the right track, especially with the straps and weapons/accessories. They knocked it out of the park on those.

And for some reason, I don't like Roadblock's blue eyes. I mean, I know African-Americans have blue eyes too, but that's not how he looked in his original card-art. But that's a very minor gripe for what looks to be a very cool figure. Same goes for Flint. I know there's been a whole fiasco over his missing gloves, but I'll back VH up and hope they correct the problem. He looks so much better with them. Hey, I wonder if Roadblock's gloved hands could be popped off and fit onto Flint's arms. That'd fix it.

My reason for not liking them is simple they are way to different from the collection I have now. I have been collecting these Joes since '82 when they first came out. Yes there has been a few changes but for the most part they were still the same. Some of the changes were good and some indifferent but for the most part the still all can work together. With the ML style bodies they will be a totally different size and not fit easily with the 3 thousand plus figures I already own.

I am not saying that I won't buy at least one set of each but at present I really don't care for them. And that is MY reason for not liking them.

Hey falcon, I saw those Anniversary Joe pictures in the "Philippines" thread, and in the comparisson pics I saw, they looked like they were of the exact same size. But now I don't recall if there were any RAH-sculpt figures in those pics. But they seem to fit in perfectly with at least the newer-sculpt figures. I'm not trying to change your mind. I'm just sayin'...