G.I. Don’t Know! - The Battle of the Boards

SKARAPZ

G.I. Don’t Know! - The Battle of the Boards

This G.I. Joe trivia game show pits G.I. Joe web sites against each other in a battle of wits in all things G.I. Joe. Don’t miss this opportunity to participate in this newest version of an old fan favorite! Web sites are invited to assemble teams of 5 people to compete for the honors. Teams must be entered by Sept. 1, 2007 so that we can make the appropriate pairings (email Christie@mastercollector.com with your web site’s URL and the names and screen names of your team). There are only eight slots available for this tournament so sign up ASAP!

Who are our 5?

8 different teams, 5 member from each forums. Its knowledge on everything GI JOE, but you have to be at the convention

@firedevil@ How utterly delicious and truly evil.

Some have been in the online community for 10+ years to establish the coveted "geek rep", now at the con they will have to either bow out of the spotlight altogether. . .or choose sides. @loll@

Truly, only the "best sports" and the "nicest guys" will be in on this one. Those with FLAGG-sized egos just won't be able to deal with the potential public humiliation, the possible loss of online cred, or both.

My hats off to whomever came up with this. I'll be rooting for Gen. Hawk, Recondo, C-Jack, and Mark Bellomo.

-PJ

@firedevil@ How utterly delicious and truly evil.

Some have been in the online community for 10+ years to establish the coveted "geek rep", now at the con they will have to either bow out of the spotlight altogether. . .or choose sides. @loll@

Truly, only the "best sports" and the "nicest guys" will be in on this one. Those with FLAGG-sized egos just won't be able to deal with the potential public humiliation, the possible loss of online cred, or both.

My hats off to whomever came up with this. I'll be rooting for Gen. Hawk, Recondo, C-Jack, and Mark Bellomo.

-PJ

I dont care about public humiliation

how many people from tni are going to the con??

-saboteur

Well that would answer the question of who are "team" is now wouldn't it?

No. What if 20 people (hypo) are going to the con. They wouldnt all be on the team.

-saboteur

Most collectors are members at multiple boards.

This may be true but this is the only one that I visit on any type of regular basis. Having seen this game before I would suggest that members have experience from all sections of Joe history from 64 to now in all scales.

MATT

how many people from tni are going to the con??

-saboteur

Well that would answer the question of who are "team" is now wouldn't it?

No. What if 20 people (hypo) are going to the con. They wouldnt all be on the team.

-saboteur

Didn't think of that. I get all my news from here. Not that I expect everyone else to too, just that it...narrowed my thinking.

But my thinking was more along the lines of, well, not that many people would be going.