Convention info is up!

EvilGenius

This year's set sounds good!

The one thing that I am SUPER EXCITED over is.....The Roddy Piper figure!!!!! I know I'm gonna get it for this but I think its HELLA COOL!!! Piper being Scottish and all.....makes perfect sense!!! It also fits in with the 80's nostalgia and all that......I know people are pretty split on the Slaughter Joe thing but I thought it was cool as hell when I was a kid that Slaughter was a real life Joe. SWEET!!!!! I don't know how I feel about the female cobra troops though......sounds cool overall.

The bad news about this Con set... I've got no reason to buy more tha one of each. Too many non-army builder figures in it. Granted, depending on the Tank, and the "Shock troopers" I might have to buy more than one, and just sell the boxed set.

Any before anyone else cries foul, I'm going to assume the increased price is because they had to use so many different molds, instead of the four or five they usually use.

-Kevin

The bad news about this Con set... I've got no reason to buy more tha one of each. Too many non-army builder figures in it. Granted, depending on the Tank, and the "Shock troopers" I might have to buy more than one, and just sell the boxed set.

Any before anyone else cries foul, I'm going to assume the increased price is because they had to use so many different molds, instead of the four or five they usually use.

-Kevin

I was thinking the same thing and only will be getting one box set and a loose set, I need to make sure to bring enough for the exlcusives and there is all the new anniversary figures that are coming in stores. I like the female approch since there has been so many people asking for the remale trooper, well now we are getting her and a female DOC, humm I wonder if they have any other figures in store from DDP.......I still cannot wait for pictures and I hope that the female figures blend in with the anniversary troopers, maybe not the exact same mold, but color choices so that I can army build still the anniversary figures and use a few of the female figures that come with the con set. Nonetheless, it sould like a lot went into this Con and I am sure we are in store for more to come too. I am also wondering what side set they will be offering (if they do).

Tanks for the memories indeed!

I hope all of the cobra soldiers/officers arent female tho...that would be kinda lame.

-saboteur

Depends on the "style" they choose. If they are the similar to the Cobra Infantry 6-pack, Ithink it would be okay if they were all female.

I think we just don't really know enough to get that excited.

Here's my speculation:

The Joes are all going to be repainted Comic Pack figures sans Flash and Grunt who will get new bodies which will be their regular uniforms since it seems to follow the formula of re-paints and frankensteins for con exclusives and they seem to work in well with the designs of the past two sets. The odds are good that the female COBRAs will use the TRU 6-pack mold since Hasbro claimed that they intended to use those for the comic packs but there was a mix up in the factory in China (and if you look at how well the troopers blend in with comic Joes as opposed to the ones we were given the claim does seem likely). This is assuming of course these are RAH.

It may be obvious that there will be a tank of some sort but then again, MC threw curve balls at us before (look at the Air-Vipers file card and see the vehicle we got as opposed to the one mentioned and you will see what I mean). Assuming that it will be a tank, I think we can rule out the MOBAT since that has been done to death and is not a real desireable exclusive when you can get several versions of it relatively cheap if not easily when the budget allows. Is it possible they resurected the Mauler or the Equalizer? That would be great as I always thought that they would make a good COBRA tank. Based on previous history with Con sets possibilities also include the Wolverine/ the Lynx, Slugger, Armadillo (albeit a bit small), the HAVOC, or Persuader

well, I am excited either way. It has been three years since I have been to a Con and I am heading to this one! I wonder what tank it will be though? Here are some of the choices it might be:

Mobat<I really Hope not!>

Wolverine

SLugger

Mauler

Havoc<is that really a tank?>

Persuader

Mean Dog

Rolling thunder<I know but here is hoping>

Raider?

Thunderclap?

Equalizer

Patriot

grizzly

Rhino

and the ROCC<is it a tank? i knwo they still have the mold>

Well those are all the tanks I could find and remember.

I do not see the TRU 6 pack being used as they do not look very female in the chest region. I think they may use the Jinx chest with removable web gear. Like the DTC wave 4 officer gear. Then use any arm, waist, and leg combo and a new headsculpt!

For the tanks I am hoping maybe one or two Slaughters Marauders tanks, or possible a kitbash in the spirit of the Marauders, as the description said that Cobra is using tanks based on stolen Joe blueprints!!

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!

I do not see the TRU 6 pack being used as they do not look very female in the chest region. I think they may use the Jinx chest with removable web gear. Like the DTC wave 4 officer gear. Then use any arm, waist, and leg combo and a new headsculpt!

For the tanks I am hoping maybe one or two Slaughters Marauders tanks, or possible a kitbash in the spirit of the Marauders, as the description said that Cobra is using tanks based on stolen Joe blueprints!!

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!

I'm guessing Baroness torso. Big Cobra symbol....

As for the tank, that's not a bad idea.

im betting that doc will be a lady jaye repaint

im hoping they recast the original clutch head for this set. also it did say they were doing cold weather training? so they all could be using snow jobs body ?

set just sounds really cool! i cant wait to see pics!

TM

wow. .. looks like i'm not going to the convention any more lol. i mean whats the point if i don't even want the convention set?? i'm a sucker for the bad guys. they always looked cooler, even when they were running away ;) . . . very disapointed. . . i mean at least one or two male cobra soldiers would have been nice heck even a set of female troopers and some other female cobra unit would have been better imo. . . maybe next year!

the "tank" will probably just be a mobat. as it is the most famous joe tank imo

Man and I can't go to the con, I'm just going to have to order the convention set though, I won't be able to pass all those awesome sounding figs.

Sgt. Clutch

Doc (female)

Sgt. Flash

Grunt

Rock ‘N Roll

Sparks

Sgt. Zap

Lt. Claymore

COBRA Officer (female)

COBRA Trooper (female)

sweeeeeeeeet @firedevil@ @firedevil@

I've always wanted cold-weather versions of classic Joe characters, so I'm interested in seeing how these will turn out. Female troopers are nice, too. We don't need any more male troopers, on the assumption that these are blueshirts, of course. I hope we get more than just Baroness repaints, however...