Mattel responds to packout ratio issues

The Superfly

Come on man, you are joking right??? Do you or Mattel really think we are supposed to get excited over this???

1. This is the same hot air Mattel has been blowing since the early days of the new MOTU line.

2. How is anyone supposed to take seriously a Mattel employee who goes around witht he name Boy Wonder to virtuely unknown toy forums saying stuff that they know fans want to hear thats totally off the record, so when it doesn't happen they can't be held accountable for it.

If Mattel is serious why not put it in an offical release and get it out to the major news sites so that its offical and on record?? Then maybe we can take stuff like this more seriously. Until then it's just fanboy wishfull thinking.

Come on man, you are joking right??? Do you or Mattel really think we are supposed to get excited over this???

1. This is the same hot air Mattel has been blowing since the early days of the new MOTU line.

2. How is anyone supposed to take seriously a Mattel employee who goes around witht he name Boy Wonder to virtuely unknown toy forums saying stuff that they know fans want to hear thats totally off the record, so when it doesn't happen they can't be held accountable for it.

If Mattel is serious why not put it in an offical release and get it out to the major news sites so that its offical and on record?? Then maybe we can take stuff like this more seriously. Until then it's just fanboy wishfull thinking.

I'm inclined to agree.

Using a handle rather than a real person's name doesn't go anywhere in establishing someone's bonafides. This could well be a fan talking out of their ass for spits and wiggles.

The post just says that something is wrong in the process, it doesn't say WHAT is wrong--anyone could have written this. Providing a real person's name would go a long way towards supporting this stuff--but sadly, also would make them a target from the idiots that are out there.

I just do not get this line: "Since Mattel will own the new entertainment next year, we can afford to be more aggressive with our mixes, which will mean less Batman/Superman and more villains/females for this line."

Own the new entertainment?? What does that mean?

I'm skeptical, but also interested and hoping. I like the line, but I do not like how the line is being handled.

Well since you guys obviously don't frequent AFI - "Boy Wonder" is the Mattel contact that provides info to the fans, similar to what Jesse did at Toy Biz. He's been around on AFI since the beginning of the lines of DCSH and JLU. He doesn't go by his real name because he's not 'officially' sanctioned by Mattel to do so.

Jeez, I'm just trying to give you guys some info and you act like ungrateful a-holes. Chill out and take it for what it is. :rolleyes:

Well since you guys obviously don't frequent AFI - "Boy Wonder" is the Mattel contact that provides info to the fans, similar to what Jesse did at Toy Biz. He's been around on AFI since the beginning of the lines of DCSH and JLU. He doesn't go by his real name because he's not 'officially' sanctioned by Mattel to do so.

Jeez, I'm just trying to give you guys some info and you act like ungrateful a-holes. Chill out and take it for what it is.

I didn't know that. If you'd mentioned that in your lead post it would have helped quite a bit.

Sue me for taking everything with a grain of salt.

yeah i remember boy wonder. as for news, its mattel so it does sound too good to be true. the only time i will believe them is when i see new dcsh hanging at the pegs right in front of me.

mattel had the 4h men sculpts for the staticons ready for a long time yet they were never released. at this point with all the supermans rotting on the pegs i don't think i will ever see manbat or clayface.

Own the new entertainment?? What does that mean?

I think hes referring to Batman being being released next year. This year, I would say Marvel/Hasbro owns the "new entertainment" with Spider-man 3, Fantastic Four 2, Ghost Rider.

Mattel has always known something was "Wrong" from the start of MOTU till now, they've always known something was wrong with their action figure lines. They just refuse to accept or change the very things that are wrong with a line. (Too heavy on the Core guys, Bad packouts, Lazy repaints, and trying so hard to get the kid involed that they distant the collector who is already buying their product.) They seem to think there is big mystery why these lines don't work, and it's because they refuse to rethink 10 year old toy dogma. I don't collect this line. I wanted too, some of my buddies do. But I couldn't do it. I'd had my fill or Mattel and their false promises and lame excuses and had no intention of going through it yet again.