YoJoe featuring "First Looks" at 25th Anniversary Figures!

General_Hawk

I plan on dremeling the insides a little so they match more of the ARAH style... I'll have to start little by little.. cuase I don't want their junk to fall out all over the place

Yeah, what he said. Sorry Pesa, I meant a self-mod, I think we're gonna have to wait until Christmas for Hasbro to follow up.

Me, I'm just going to display them standing. For dios, I don't have a problem, Scarlett just looks reeeally relaxed.

-PJ

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not clumping... right now.. I'm actually sifting.. I have this huge bowl.. I throw all the posts in it.. sift out all the crap.. and let the others through(in this page at least... I'm not digging though the last 5 pages, but if you guys keep it up and go back and start quoting old quotes to start #$@#, then I will.. looks at OWJ)... so lets end it.. no more... please don't add to the crap ;) cause I wanna go to bed soon...

I plan on dremeling the insides a little so they match more of the ARAH style... I'll have to start little by little.. cuase I don't want their junk to fall out all over the place

Yeah, what he said. Sorry Pesa, I meant a self-mod, I think we're gonna have to wait until Christmas for Hasbro to follow up.

Me, I'm just going to display them standing. For dios, I don't have a problem, Scarlett just looks reeeally relaxed.

-PJ

Well, I actually play with mine (sometimes). I just think that if we show enough actual dislike for the flaw (I think most can all agree there is a flaw, even if the figures look good and/or look good in standing poses) that we can get SOMETHING done about it the same way we got T-Crotches dumped.

I'm not saying go back to RAH. I'm saying that, from the pictures I showed, the body parts are the same enough that they could use a "more RAH" appearance. I don't think the fact the legs can swing out to the sides a little bit more than a RAH figure's can is worth it. And ask my ARAHC Gung-Ho. I can't get that guy's legs to stay straight down for NOTHING.

As for self-mods, I leave it up to experts like Alyosha to do it first. I mean if guys like that can't make them look good, what hope do the rest of us have?

Well, I actually play with mine (sometimes). I just think that if we show enough actual dislike for the flaw (I think most can all agree there is a flaw, even if the figures look good and/or look good in standing poses) that we can get SOMETHING done about it the same way we got T-Crotches dumped.

I'm sure they're listening. It'll just take awhile is all I'm saying.

As for self-mods, I leave it up to experts like Alyosha to do it first. I mean if guys like that can't make them look good, what hope do the rest of us have?

I wonder how hard the plastic is. The soft stuff is murder on my dremel/sander. It looks hard enough that the only risk would be snappage if it gets too thin.

And I won't know for a little while yet. My case is shipping, but I don't think it'll be here by tomorrow.

-PJ

I'm sure they're listening. It'll just take awhile is all I'm saying.

I wonder how hard the plastic is. The soft stuff is murder on my dremel/sander. It looks hard enough that the only risk would be snappage if it gets to thin.

And I won't know for a little while yet. My case is shipping, but I don't think it'll be here by tomorrow.

-PJ

I think there in lies the problem to BOTH your responses to me. The fact most of us don't have them yet.

For the first, all the majority of us HAVE are a few pictures and a handful of reviews. I'm not dissing the reviews up till now. Just that reading what someone else thinks is not really the same as having them in hand to see what you or I think. Maybe, once a lot of people get them, they won't mind/care about the waist thing. Maybe they will. We just can't say at this point.

For the second, well they HAVE been going for much softer plastic relative to the 80s. I'm quite disappointed with the Plague Troopers 6 pack in that regard. Because of the plastic, they don't feel as "solid" (and I hate that the helmets don't fit on the Steel Brigade guys). But as for actual work, there was a thread for modding the Viper Pit Vipers. That might give us an idea of how difficult this might be.