YoJoe featuring "First Looks" at 25th Anniversary Figures!

General_Hawk

Beginning today, YoJoe is continuing the "First Looks" it began with the 25th Anniversary Scarlett. For the next 14 days, YoJoe will show, in detail, one figure per day from the first 15 figures of the 25th Anniversary assortment!

These articles will appear daily in the FAQs and Features section. Each figure will also be entered in their normal spot in the archive.

Today's figure: Hooded COBRA Commander!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! The reviews that is, and not so much the Hooded CC figure up first.

I have several grips and/or concerns on this CC figure.

#1 Don't like the fist.

#2 Don't like the wind swept hood.

#3 His Cobra symbol seems too small and definitely too faded, dull or light?

#4 He can't sit properly.

#5 He has no ass to cover his legs around the top. Too narrow or something? The waist design is flawed in that they appear to be able to kick themselves in the back of the head now, but can't sit properly, due to the front design around the upper thighs. The articulation is backwards. Should be able to knee self in face, but NOT kick ones own head from behind. @lol@

#6 Still not crazy about those hinged knee caps. For as awful as they look, it added no better an articulation feature, to justify it. If their unable to simply SIT properly, what good are they?

Other than THAT...I'm anxious to see the others. ^_^

Gotta agree with VH...unless we could get a "replacement hand". That would be kinda cool. But usually the "non-functioning" hands they've used suck (Coils, Neo-Viper, etc.).

I have dreamed about these figures for years.....How could anyone not be happy with this line? i am counting the days until they are released.

Happy? With just pics? I'm waiting until I get these in hand to say if they are good or not.

Thanks for the link GH!

I'm kind if disappointed they didn't take the time to do more comparison pics.

Agreed. Those pics are few and weak. They have the figures. Put the digital camera to use!!!

Also, the review sounds more like a marketing pitch. I expected more analysis beyond identifying the joints.

Agreed. Those pics are few and weak. They have the figures. Put the digital camera to use!!!

Also, the review sounds more like a marketing pitch. I expected more analysis beyond identifying the joints.

No, it's not a marketing pitch, we're writing these articles to showcase the figure and provide a genuine first-look in detail, not to draw comparisons between them and ARAH or fan the flames of negativity towards a very unique thank-you to collectors.

I rarely will post a defense of something that the YoJoe staff does because we do what we do out of passion and people are welcome to take what they like and enjoy it as much as they can.

I just hope everyone appreciates the work and effort our staff puts into YoJoe and that they enjoy our exclusive content when and where we can provide it. But I digress, here's to the 25th anniversary and more reviews each day until we've covered the entire first assortment.

No, it's not a marketing pitch, we're writing these articles to showcase the figure and provide a genuine first-look in detail, not to draw comparisons between them and ARAH or fan the flames of negativity towards a very unique thank-you to collectors.

I rarely will post a defense of something that the YoJoe staff does because we do what we do out of passion and people are welcome to take what they like and enjoy it as much as they can.

I just hope everyone appreciates the work and effort our staff puts into YoJoe and that they enjoy our exclusive content when and where we can provide it. But I digress, here's to the 25th anniversary and more reviews each day until we've covered the entire first assortment.

I think just about ANY Joe fan, would almost certainly have to "appreciate" everything about YoJoe and what it's offered to Joe fans around the world, with all it's information and detail. I know I do.

That stated, I also was disappointed in the Duke review, just for the same reasons posted above. There really wasn't much to it, compared to the review of Hooded Cobra Commander, and we're all probably looking for pictures more than written reviews by other fans. Seeing CC in the FANG was awesome, and having the figures photographed in various poses and up against other figures, for our OWN personal review on them, based on what we can SEE from it, until we can actually get them for ourselves, is what I'm thinking most the fans are interested in. Dukes review fell way short of providing that.....imho. :)

It's not a slam or critique on YoJoe or it's staff at all. It was just an observation and review on the review. The article was awesome (no "marketing pitch" I thought) hats off to Justin & Terry, but I was wanting more quality sharp images, up close and visual "playing" with the figures, like what you did with CC, but even MORE would be better.

Nothing out of the ordinary, when dealing with G.I.Joe fans. We're demanding, over anxious, highly critical and picky and certainly...IMPATIENT! YoJoe serves to calm us in the meantime, with quick fixes when we need'em! ;)

You guys do awesome work! Just more "action shots" pics please! @smilepunch@

VH below echoed my sentiments already so I'll keep this short. I love YoJoe.com and am not dissing the site at all. Simply put, you guys rock and your efforts are appreciated... this coming from someone who runs a large media site himself.

That said, I was expecting to find more pictures and personal opinions on the figures -- ie a review -- than a sneak peek preview format. Either way, a preview is certainly better than nothing. Though, I'm sure we'd all love to see more pictures like hooded CC in the FANG. Pictures like that are worth a thousand answered lingering questions!

Im not crazy about these figures. I feel like its Joe Vs. Cobra all over again. Does everyone have beer goggles on or something to not see how akward and lanky these figures look? Once again just like the first wave of JvC they have no butts, so their legs look long and gankly, Then they have these new crotch's that look like adult diapers. Well, the figures are good from the waist up.

They finally had things pretty right with the final wave of VvV, and now were right back to square one.

Sigh.

I'll buy a couple and try em out, but Im not too hopeful. And look closely at that fang pic, he may be sitting in it, but not too well.

Im not crazy about these figures. I feel like its Joe Vs. Cobra all over again. Does everyone have beer goggles on or something to not see how akward and lanky these figures look? Once again just like the first wave of JvC they have no butts, so their legs look long and gankly, Then they have these new crotch's that look like adult diapers. Well, the figures are good from the waist up.

They finally had things pretty right with the final wave of VvV, and now were right back to square one.

Sigh.

I'll buy a couple and try em out, but Im not too hopeful. And look closely at that fang pic, he may be sitting in it, but not too well.

Well, a couple of things. Don't like them, go for the older stuff. Nobody is stopping you (and I didn't mean that as an "attack"). But dwell on this:

THIS is the future of 3" G.I. Joe. Maybe there can be some changes like how the fans managed to get rid of the T-Crotch, but I doubt anything THAT drastic.

Yes, they look different from what we are used to. But are they better? Are they worse? Only the handful of people that actually have them can say and we really haven't heard as much as we could on them, IMO.

Yes, they look different from what we are used to. But are they better? Are they worse? Only the handful of people that actually have them can say and we really haven't heard as much as we could on them, IMO.

I'm pretty much an ARAH only collector and I have to say that Duke and Cobra Commander were not what I was expecting and left me a little - flat.

Storm Shadow (check YoJoe :) on the other hand, is truly a GOOD figure. He'll never be ARAH to me, but he's still a very good toy.

I'm pretty much an ARAH only collector and I have to say that Duke and Cobra Commander were not what I was expecting and left me a little - flat.

Storm Shadow (check YoJoe :) on the other hand, is truly a GOOD figure. He'll never be ARAH to me, but he's still a very good toy.

Well it isn't JUST "looks". Are they FUN to play with too?

One thing I've wondered recently is whether their foot pegs will be compatable with the older stands (yes I know they come with stands but I'd like to be able to use some that aren't so big). The pic of SS's gear makes me think the answer is no.

Ahh...I can't help it guys. After seeing the pics on yojoe.com, I'm experiencing a huge rush of nostalgia over these things. Just seeing the card-art and reading the file cards...man. I'm getting even more excited now.

How could anyone not be happy with this line?

One big thing bothers me, and that's the fact that some of the figures are reused from others when it really isn't appropriate. Flint, V2 Snake Eyes and V2 Storm Shadow are such iconic and important figures that they deserve their own mold.

The Cobra sigil on this looks way too small, and apparently it's the same on the troopers too. Both this and the above point bother me (along with the lack of an AK for the officer), because why would you go to such great lengths to match every detail of the original character designs except these? They may be minor points to some, but that's the tragedy - they could have been 100% perfect otherwise. Someone said god is in the details, and that's the truth.

Yeah, the tiny Cobra sigil on Cobra Commander's chest does kinda bother me. And I also got to thinking, couldn't they have used Duke's arms for the version 2 Storm Shadow? I mean, the ones they used from version 1 look fine. Actually, he looks great. And Duke's arms would probably look too big and muscular on SS, but I just thought of that the other day, how the Duke's mold has the rolled-up sleeves like version 2 Storm Shadow, and maybe they could've used them on him. But anyway...

How could anyone not be happy with this line?

One big thing bothers me, and that's the fact that some of the figures are reused from others when it really isn't appropriate. Flint, V2 Snake Eyes and V2 Storm Shadow are such iconic and important figures that they deserve their own mold.

The Cobra sigil on this looks way too small, and apparently it's the same on the troopers too. Both this and the above point bother me (along with the lack of an AK for the officer), because why would you go to such great lengths to match every detail of the original character designs except these? They may be minor points to some, but that's the tragedy - they could have been 100% perfect otherwise. Someone said god is in the details, and that's the truth.

That's what I was wondering too. Repaints are one thing, but really, these just seem half-assed by comparison. Especially if you consider that Snake Eyes version 2 is probably the most popular version, for example.