Classics Cosmos?!?

Vinni

I was recently on Teletraan-1 (the Transformers Wiki) And I found canned Sketches of a Classics Cosmos figure. I know this is old news to most of you (it was shown at Botcon '06). If Classics are continued, do you think they would make this? I hope so, because Cosmos (and Cliffjumper) is my favorite G1 charecters and I'd LOVE to see him made!

Seems like I remember hearing that they might try putting it into the Titanium line if it ever got the green light and classics didn't come back. Don't know if anything will ever come of that though.

Guest DavAnthony

Classics was a success and finally did some justice to the characters after 20 years, so of course it was put on "hiatus". So instead of continuing classic characters in a cool format we get Transformer galactic heroes crap.

Classics was a success and finally did some justice to the characters after 20 years, so of course it was put on "hiatus". So instead of continuing classic characters in a cool format we get Transformer galactic heroes crap.

And of course that "hiatus" had nothing to do w/ the fact that classics was a subline between cybertron and the movie toys, and the movie toys are the primary focus of tf's merchandising right now; you can hate it all you want, but at least get your facts straight.

AMEN!

And of course that "hiatus" had nothing to do w/ the fact that classics was a subline between cybertron and the movie toys, and the movie toys are the primary focus of tf's merchandising right now; you can hate it all you want, but at least get your facts straight.

Well you both have something of a point. After all, once the fervor over the movie dies down, who know just what line or lines Hasbro will put out. They've had multiple lines before with varying degrees of success and Transformers IS one of the most popular toylines so I don't see why they can't return to Classics or even Alternators. As for Heroes, well, I don't think we know enough to say anything.

It could be too that they simply put classics like characters and figures into the future lines and shows as well. There's plenty of old g1 characters that haven't been used since g1 so maybe they see it as a good way of working them back into something modern.

It could be too that they simply put classics like characters and figures into the future lines and shows as well. There's plenty of old g1 characters that haven't been used since g1 so maybe they see it as a good way of working them back into something modern.

I'd concur.. I am disappointed that Classics was put on hiatus because it was a greta way to get the characters in they way past cool retro skins. I do hope that it does continue, but if they continue to do what they did in other lines and throw in G1-syle bots like Energon Downshift/Wheeljack or Cybertron Blurr, then that would be consolation for me.