Fantastic Four Marvel Legends

GohstRder144

On Cool Toy Review, they just listed F.F. Marvel Legends!

The Thing

How do fanboys like their ever lovin' blue-eyed Thing? Big and rocky, that's how. We're not sure which era this figure represents, as it certainly isn't the Kirby or Byrne eras (and were there really any others?). The closest likeness we could find is the one pictured above. The Thing has certainly got a bit of Arthur Adams flair to it, but only a suggestion of it. what really stands out the most on this figure, which has him wearing the old Byrne blue and whites, is how well-defined his rocky skin has been sculpted. While the face does leave a little to be desired, the rest of this figure is solid!

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, pivot elbows, ball jointed wrists, pivot fingers, swivel waist, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, pivot knees, and double pivot ankles.

Mr. Fantastic

Keeping a bit of a theme, Reed Richards is in the Byrne blue and whites. Actually, more than any figure in the wave, this is the closest thing to a John Bryne FF figure. Oddly, Hasbro has opted to give him a iridescent costume. Not quite metallic, but definitely some shine. Mr. Fantastic is stretched out somewhat, but we don't know for sure if it's interchangeable parts or not. Regardless, this figure is a winner.

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, pivot torso, swivel waist, ball jointed hips, ball jointed knees, and ball jointed ankles.

Namor: The Sub-Mariner

Three words true believers: Green. Scaly. Trunks. Yup, that's right, Namor is being a tough guy in his ginch again. How he can pull it off, we'll never know. This figure comes with a huge staff (not unlike the one pictured above). If you can find something wrong with this figure, blame it on a tumor in your head. (say it in Arnold's voice, and if you still don't get it, say it again.)

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbows, ball jointed wrists, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, ball jointed knees, and ball jointed ankles.

Johnny Storm

This figure, for all intents and purposes, is a Hasbro-rific remake of the old Toy Biz Johnny Storm. Seriously, imagine that old figure from the Fantastic Four boxed sets, but sculpted very well. Yeah, this figure doesn't break new ground, but it sure looks cool not breaking new ground. Storm is decoed in the Byrne blue and whites, with sculpted flames on the ankles, wrists, head, and shoulders. Trust us, you want this one.

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, double pivot elbows, pivot torso, swivel waist, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, double pivot knees, and ball jointed ankles.

Invisible Woman

We'll try to remain positive. We'll try to remain positive. The sculpt is super nice. It looks like Sue and the repaint potential is certainly there, but why in the world is it painted in her second worst costume? (if you don't know what thee first place winner for worst Sue costume ever is we're not going to scar you for life and we recommend you don't go searching for it. You don't want to know!)

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbows, ball jointed wrists, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, ball jointed knees, and ball jointed ankles.

Silver Surfer

Throw out your Toy Biz Silver Surfer. Thank you Hasbro. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, double pivot elbows, ball jointed wrists, pivot torso, swivel waist, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, double pivot knees, ball jointed ankles, and of course, a big silver surfboard. Thank you Hasbro.

Doctor Doom

More than any other, this Doom seems to be based on the Jim Lee Heroes Reborn Dr. Doom, with just enough John Byrne to make it cool. Sadly, it's a figure Toy Biz already did a great job (right down to the tip of the hat to Jack Kirby, what with the single scar. Brilliant). This figure isn't bad at all, but it's no better than what we have already seen done in this scale. Fear not, you can use the money you were saving to buy Doom on the super-wicked Silver Surfer. All's well in the universe.

Beyond the plastic cape, removable mask, pistol and functioning holster, this figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbow, possibly swivel forearms, ball jointed torso, swivel waist, assumably ball jointed hips, ball jointed knees, and ball jointed ankles.

Mole Man

Meh. He's Mole Man. No, really, he's Mole Man. He's well done, but that doesn't make him any less Mole Man.

This figure features a ball jointed neck, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbows, ball jointed wrists, swivel waist, swivel hips, ball jointed knees, a plastic cape, and -naturally- his stick.

Black Bolt

Well now y'all know why Black Bolt was missing from Marvel Legends 4. You know, it must be impossible to make this guy look bad, because this figure is very cool. From his "I ain't talkin'" stare right down to his soft good silver wings, the Black Bolt figure rocks.

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbows, ball jointed wrists, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, ball jointed knees, swivel shins, and ball jointed ankles.

BUILD A FIGURE Ronan the Accuser

This anti-hero sure does make for a fairly cool BAF, but not as cool as the next one we're going to talk about. Ronan, when completed, comes with a removable helmet, a big hammer, and a plastic cloak.

He features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbows, ball jointed wrists, pivot torso, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, double pivot knees, and ball jointed ankles.

Pretty cool. Ill Buy 'em

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THis

Kicks

ASS

After reading this, I had to change my pants.

This kicks ass - even the Invisible Woman costume I'm happy with (those were the threads she was in when I first started reading FF, so I'm cool with it). I just hope the Silver Surfer doesn't have pegs in his board again - but to finally get a good version of the whole team, a Mole Man, Black Bolt and Namor in the trunks makes me a happy Erpingham.

And now that I'm done typing, I have to go change my pants again.

After reading this, I had to change my pants.

This kicks ass - even the Invisible Woman costume I'm happy with (those were the threads she was in when I first started reading FF, so I'm cool with it). I just hope the Silver Surfer doesn't have pegs in his board again - but to finally get a good version of the whole team, a Mole Man, Black Bolt and Namor in the trunks makes me a happy Erpingham.

And now that I'm done typing, I have to go change my pants again.

This is the EXACT reason why I'm holding off on that LIMITED SPECIAL EDITION Silver Surfer that everybody's raving about at the Target Stores. Let 'em throw their money on that second rate product. This one's gonna have a better sculpt. And this one is a stand alone line from Marvel Legends just like Spider Man Classics was a stand alone line. Nuff said!!

I'm down with most of these figures. I just hope Hasbro comes through at the SDCC and has protos of ML 3 and 4 as well as the Spidey and FF ML figures on display.

If all of these are released between now and Christmas my wallet is going to take a beating. Time to get that second job. :P

<br />After reading this, I had to change my pants.<br /><br />This kicks ass - even the Invisible Woman costume I'm happy with (those were the threads she was in when I first started reading FF, so I'm cool with it). I just hope the Silver Surfer doesn't have pegs in his board again - but to finally get a good version of the whole team, a Mole Man, Black Bolt and Namor in the trunks makes me a happy Erpingham.<br /><br />And now that I'm done typing, I have to go change my pants again.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I know isnt this awesome, I cannot belive it myself. Suddenly im on top of the world

OK...

while I'm ecstatic to finally receive a Black Bolt, a Mole-Man, a Namor in l'il green swimmy trunks, and a Ronan BAF, I still have some gripes which I must air...

1. Why (WHY!?!?) the Byrne costumes, instead of the classic Kirby costumes (the neck-less costumes, with the simple, black collar)? Personally, I don't like the Byrne costumes...not classic FF to me.

2. What makes everyone think that the HASBRO Surfer in this wave will be anything other than a re-issue of the re-issued Surfer they JUST released as a TRU (or was it WalMart?) exclusive? What?!?!

3. The Invisible Woman costume is wretched...'nuff said...hopefully, they'll release a variant Invisible Woman who's actually <gasp!> invisible.

4. Yet another Thing figure that I'll have to buy. Lemme' guess...orange, rocky skin, skimpy blue shorts...sound about right?

Still, I must admit...it's way better than a 6" Legends wave based on Spiderman 3!

<br />OK...<br /><br />while I'm ecstatic to finally receive a Black Bolt, a Mole-Man, a Namor in l'il green swimmy trunks, and a Ronan BAF, I still have some gripes which I must air...<br /><br />1. Why (WHY!?!?) the Byrne costumes, instead of the classic Kirby costumes (the neck-less costumes, with the simple, black collar)? Personally, I don't like the Byrne costumes...not classic FF to me.<br /><br />2. What makes everyone think that the HASBRO Surfer in this wave will be anything other than a re-issue of the re-issued Surfer they JUST released as a TRU (or was it WalMart?) exclusive? What?!?!<br /><br />3. The Invisible Woman costume is wretched...'nuff said...hopefully, they'll release a variant Invisible Woman who's actually <gasp!> invisible.<br /><br />4. Yet another Thing figure that I'll have to buy. Lemme' guess...orange, rocky skin, skimpy blue shorts...sound about right?<br /><br />Still, I must admit...it's way better than a 6" Legends wave based on Spiderman 3!<br />

I almost agree but.. I don't. Be optimistic look at the glass half full.

Rider's quote of the week. (just kidding ill never do this again)

The wave does sound good. It would be nice to have a complete set of FF all wearing the same uniform, with good sculpts and aticulation. We'll have to see. The other figures all sound great. I'm just hoping the Doom is a little beefier than the first one.

It's Hasbro..you guys actually expect these to be good? Why does there have be entire movie lines anyway, especially seeing as how THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN DONE. I have Toybiz FF figures, I don't need more. I have Spidey 3 figures..don't need more of those either! Hasbro can't even come up with anything original than figures that have been done to death! So what after these...Hulk movie..Ghost Rider movie...come on!

is this not the same site that posted the fake spiderman wave list a while back?..

Was the list really fake? I can't seem to find that spiderman movie 3 thread here. Was it confirm it was a hox and was deleted? If so, then this is mos tlikely fake