Database Update: Silver Surfer

Ryno

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=10966

Since I have put comparison pics in the Database Entry for this new Silver Surfer, I want to know.... which version do you guys like better? Hasbro on the left and ToyBiz on the right.

I wouldn't like neither since they look more like a thin version of one of the Hulk's nemesis the U-Foes (Iron Clad)?? The head sculpt leaves much to be desired, something coming out of Close Encounters or, the X-Files ! . . . . Ugly !@!#!! Maybe you could send him to a UFO Convention? The new Rise of the Silver Surfer figure would work . . . if only it is in 6" scale !! Definitely NOT to be called a Marvel Masterpiece !

I like both figures. The Toybiz blue-wash is a bit strong on your piece. mine and several others I have seen are not that bad. So I like the blue-wash on him sometimes.

however, I would have to say that the Toybiz version is much better.

It comes with a better surfboard, better feet (magnets instead of giant peg-holes), and a cool base to pose him on...

plus, it came with a comic book, and was 3-4 bucks cheaper!

Well I don't know if he's larger, but seems to have stood taller. Frankly, it was hard enough to get him to stand in a neutral position at all let alone stand exactly like the ToyBiz version. One of Hasbro Surfer's knees wouldn't completely straighten due to a blockage in the joint.