Smallville Season 7 Discussion Thread

Bespin refugee

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm totaly NOT feeling this chick as BC. I don't like the short hair & why is it a dark color? BC has always been known for her long beauiful golden hair.

& why does it look SO obvious that her costume was made by the same people as all the members of th JL? I just hope this chick doesn't get all "Buffy-ish" with the role. the last this TV needs is another plucky white girl kicking ass via special FX.

as for the show smallville, there's no doubt in my mind that it has lost its way. & dare I say its dangeriously close to "jumping the shark". I know there's been talk of a JL movie, & I don't even wanna think what the hell there gonna do to my beloved chacters, but if they were smart they'd scrap the big screen plans & just make a JLU spin off. now that i'd watch every week!

& as for the strike, well I've never been much of a union man my self. I've always thought that unions did nothing but help protect the jobs of people who landed the job via nepitisum & are just a bunch of slackers & F-ups.

But in the case of the Writers Guild I think i'll make an exception just this once. as best I can tell, there getting shafted on royalities.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So,is Lana suppose to be dead or what? Did like the "Dynamic Duo" and "Up,Up and Away" bits. I'm guessing when Smallville comes back on 4/17,Lex is going to kill Lionel? Although I didn't think Lionel would go down so easy by what was shown with the preview.

Lionel said the secret that Swann and Queen his away in that safty deposit box was the means to control the visitor if he were to become a threat. I imagine the threat Lionel is worried about is Lex if he gets his hands on that information.

Possible Spoilers

From the previews for next weeks episode and the new images over at ENI it looks like Lex finally kills his dad. I had heard rumors lex was leaving the show at the end of the season but it looks more like they are setting him up to become a major villian.

Possible spoiler:

I watched today's episode and read some internet rumors - so did Supergirl and Braniac travel through a Boom Tube - and could the danger Lionel is so afraid of be Darkseid?

Not sure. My guess is because those two were flying so fast,it created a mega sonic boom.Of course since they're in space you wouldn't hear it.

• 3 weeks later...

Like I said,that was kind of weak. Lionel just stands there and let Lex shove him out a window? He doesn't put up a fight or anything? Wonder who that guy who killed off that Mercy Graves wannabe of Lex's is working for? So many mysteries. It's getting to be kind of fun.

ok so I'm not the only one who thought that chick was Mercy. But I'm glad its not, because she was too old & no where near beautiful enough.

At best she looked like a an over the hill "Erin Gray". Ok, now let me run this one past you guys. I was wondering if after the series wraps will they do a Smallville movie?

& if they do will Tom Welling take over the Superman franchise? I've heard it said more than once that Brandon Routh just didn't cut the muster. All his figs ended up collecting dust on the clearance pegs. & that makes for poor marketing. Simply put Routh can't bring home the beacon & the Studio might be thinking Welling could turn that around.

Only consern i'd have about Tom taking over the role, is if he's just gonna turn out to be "flash in the pan". Meaning, once people finaly see him in the suit, will they want to keep seeing him as Superman?

Like I said,that was kind of weak. Lionel just stands there and let Lex shove him out a window? He doesn't put up a fight or anything? Wonder who that guy who killed off that Mercy Graves wannabe of Lex's is working for? So many mysteries. It's getting to be kind of fun.

Odds are fair to excellent the killer works for Lex. The broad was geting too close to him, showed signs of psychosis, and knew he killed his father. I knew she was a goner the moment she put her hand on his shoulder to 'console' him. Even the way that scene was shot, where she started at the door , then inch by inch, in one continuous shot she moved closer and closer. Creepy! Now the only thing is what kind of an ass is he going to feel like when he gets that voice mail?

Didn't care too much for this week's episode. Thanks to my local CW going out for 5 to 10 minutes,I could barely make heads or tails out of what was going on. Did catch the end bit about how Clark has to find a way to go back in time to go to Krypton.

Too much like It's A Wonderful Life for my taste. I mean how many shows have to do the whole "look at how much better the world would be without you" bit? By the way,my guess is that Brainiac is still alive. Just look at his grin when Kara "killed" him. I say he's either inside Kara or Lana. Either way,Clark's going to have one heck of a time getting rid of him.

Too much like It's A Wonderful Life for my taste. I mean how many shows have to do the whole "look at how much better the world would be without you" bit? By the way,my guess is that Brainiac is still alive. Just look at his grin when Kara "killed" him. I say he's either inside Kara or Lana. Either way,Clark's going to have one heck of a time getting rid of him.

Or maybe he is Kara (or Lana, but I'm betting on Kara) and that whole scene was just for the benefit of Clark. We've already seen him create dupes of himself as well as take on others' forms. Hmmmmm.......

I think he is in Lana. And reading some of the Press release about Rosenbaums departure from Smallville as a main character, they say that he will do cameos and such. But i have a feeling that the female baddie is going to be Eclipso in Lana or Black Rock (again as Lana). Either way I feel that Rosenbaums portrayal of Lex is by far one of the best if not the best and the show will be very differnt without him.

Some positives I liked the whole Clark as a reporter and Lois all goo goo eyed for him. LOL

I think he is in Lana. And reading some of the Press release about Rosenbaums departure from Smallville as a main character, they say that he will do cameos and such. But i have a feeling that the female baddie is going to be Eclipso in Lana or Black Rock (again as Lana). Either way I feel that Rosenbaums portrayal of Lex is by far one of the best if not the best and the show will be very differnt without him.

Some positives I liked the whole Clark as a reporter and Lois all goo goo eyed for him. LOL

I agree about Rosenbaum. I could not watch that Sorority movie because I simply can not see him as anyone other than Lex Luthor. I only hope this doesn't mean we're going to go back to the first season 'villain-of-the-week' practice again. It was cool then, but as the end is approaching (8th season the last?) I think they should really go into overdrive about getting Clark to the level where if the show does end, we would all feel comfortable knowing the cape would be the next step. Then 5 or 10 years down the road, they could bring back Welling, Rosenbaum, etc, and do one hell of a Superman movie, with all the characters actually having aged.