Smallville Season 7 Discussion Thread

Bespin refugee

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good episodes this season so far - looking forward to where it'll go.

"Bruce Wayne will never appear on Smallville,..."

They also said "No tights no flights" and Kal has already flown once (when he was "evil") - and hovered over his bed once - now Kara is talking about his "inability" to fly and she buzzes all over the place...something tells me Clark'll be flying by season end.

If they don't add a Bruce Wayne character by series end I bet they allude to him/Wayne Industries or something Bat-related at some point.

And tonight had to be the let down. Super model meteor freaks? No thanks. Skipped most of it but caught the tail-end. Don't know why Clark was surprised there was a Kryptonian around 100 years ago. Wasn't it brought up during the first couple of seasons?

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't see this pinned here. Whoa! Didn't know Zor-El was such a d**k. And Lara and Kara were to Earth before and Kara named Kal? Not sure if I like where they are going with Lana,though I do like the name of her company. Wonder how long before the actress who played Isis on the 70s TV series shows up? Also since Lara's DNA is on the crystal,I wonder if they'll be able to succeed in cloning her?

Spoiler

Dinah Lance AKA the Black Canary will be on the Jan. 10th Episode of Smallville "Siren". I hope this Alaina Huffman

will be good for the part. I'd really hate to see them mess up on Dinah as she's one of my favorite DC Heroes. It looks like Green Arrow will also be on this episode which is awesome and obviously fitting. See the link here for more TV.com Smallville "Siren"

My theories,

This will be the last season. We will not see Clark fly. The last shot will be Clark running towards the camera, ripping open his shirt to reveal the "S" which will be slightly different (very slightly) than the one we know.

From what I've heard, they've already fitted Tom Welling for a costume and have done numerous concept designs for different variations of what the early suit could look like.

GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!!GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!!GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!!GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!!GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!! GHOSTBUSTERS!!

I'd rather have Lois on more and see Lana taken off altogether.

It kinda feels to me like Lana and Chloe are old news so they are getting new girls like Lois and Supergirl.

By now I pretty much hate Lana but love Lionel. It's weird how my opinion on them has reversed.

My theories,

This will be the last season. We will not see Clark fly. The last shot will be Clark running towards the camera, ripping open his shirt to reveal the "S" which will be slightly different (very slightly) than the one we know.

From what I've heard, they've already fitted Tom Welling for a costume and have done numerous concept designs for different variations of what the early suit could look like.

I don't know about that. Smallville is one of the CW's flagship titles. And its also one of the few main shows on the air that won't be effected by the Screenwriters' strike. While shows such as Heroes are ending (for the time being) at the usual Winter break Smallville has a majority if not all of the season taped.. and there is very good reasoning to believe Smallville may not take a break. If no one else can keep up? Keep on pumping out episodes and pull in the ratings while you can.

About this season - completely loss in the direction and focus of it. I'm not sure where they are going and so many subplots are constantly going. I can't wait for Green Arrow (and hopefully the rest of the League) to return in January.

Looks like we're hitting the end of the 'fall season', with the next new ep on Dec 13th, and 2 more weeks off until new eps in Jan. Doesn't look like we'll actually see the main effect of the writer's strike until early/mid Feb. though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Too bad the writers strike is ruining this season (for the record, I'm on the writers' side 100%). Fifteen episodes for an entire season is weak. That's about one-third shorter than a regular season.

They will release the current seasons of various tv shows on dvd and charge the same price w/no extras and half the number of episodes and not think one thing about it and how much they are screwing over the dvd buyers as they know we will end up buying the set no matter what the price. So everybody line up for the latest season of Smallville...........15 episodes for the low price of $59.99.

Back on topic...Black Canary looks butch w/the short hair, and that is not a good thing in my book.

I would love to see a Green Arrow/ Black Canary show. Smallville is basically history. Is this the last season for Smallville? The CW could be planting the seeds for a spin-off of Smallville. The current GA/BC comicbook is a great read. I think these characters would fun to watch on a weekly basis.

Too bad the writers strike is ruining this season (for the record, I'm on the writers' side 100%). Fifteen episodes for an entire season is weak. That's about one-third shorter than a regular season.

That's very PC of you. For the record, I'm on the side of the grips, caterers, drivers, PAs, writer's assistants, producer's, and all the other faceless crew people who are being put out of work because the writers think they don't get paid enough for their DVD's. They say four cents per DVD isn't enough. You multiply four cents by one million. That's 40,000 right there. How many millions of copys does the average DVD release sell? Here's a hint, even Police Academy sold over a million copys.

Guys get back to work, people are hurtin'.

Anywho, to knock this thing back on topic, I wonder how the abbreviated season will affect the next DVD set.

I'm not going for political correctness, just plain old correctness. The studios' success and the millions upon millions of dollars they make are largely because of the writers, many of whom are forced to live paycheck to paycheck.

Why is Lost such a popular show? Because they show bikini-clad women now and then? Or because the writing is great? Same thing goes for Heroes. The writing is the most important thing about anything you see on TV or in film. Thus the writers deserve to be compensated accordingly, not used so a bunch of execs can remain disgustingly rich.

I'm sure the AMPTP is saying the same thing you are, completing absolving themselves of any blame. "Think about all the crewpersons and their families who are being affected. Have a heart! Stop holding out and take another shoddy deal that will ensure writers get the short end of the stick for the next 20 years or more while we continue to be millionaires and billionaires."

I would love to see a Green Arrow/ Black Canary show. Smallville is basically history. Is this the last season for Smallville? The CW could be planting the seeds for a spin-off of Smallville. The current GA/BC comicbook is a great read. I think these characters would fun to watch on a weekly basis.

Al Gough and Miles Millar, the creators, have said that it definitely would not go past season 8, which would be next season. It's anyone's guess as to whether or not this strike will doom the show. It definitely stinks to have a show that's been on so long end up with a 15-episode final season. I think Smallville is the CW's most-watched show, though, so I'd be mildly surprised if they didn't pick it up for an 8th season, especially knowing that it'd be its swan song.

Green Arrow's character is pretty good on Smallville. I'm not crazy about the Black Canary's look in the promo shots, but I'd be in favor of a Green Arrow spin-off if Justin Hartley continues the role.

That's very PC of you. For the record, I'm on the side of the grips, caterers, drivers, PAs, writer's assistants, producer's, and all the other faceless crew people who are being put out of work because the writers think they don't get paid enough for their DVD's. They say four cents per DVD isn't enough. You multiply four cents by one million. That's 40,000 right there. How many millions of copys does the average DVD release sell? Here's a hint, even Police Academy sold over a million copys.

Anywho, to knock this thing back on topic, I wonder how the abbreviated season will affect the next DVD set.

The writer's strike is definitely a give and take. The $.04 per DVD was signed onto by the SWG when VHS was still young. No one realized there would be such a market past the big screen. And no one sure as hell ever imagined DVD, Blu Ray, HD DVD, etc... They are still getting bent over on a decision that is around 20 years old. Police Academy sold 1 million copies as do many movies. But over the course of 1-20 years (depending on the movie) not like they are getting that check in a few months span.

But I also agree that the many many MANY other people involved are getting the royal shaft as well while the higher up big wigs are sitting on their millions/billions none-to-concerned. Lets throw the writers $.10-.$15 per DVD and move on with it so everyone can be happy.

As fas as Smallville goes - I like the show, but the last few seasons are wishy washy. And this season especially is all over the place with no real direction (unless you count the end of the last episode before the winter break.) I'm still fairly certain that Smallville is one of the CW's flagship titles, and I don't see it going out on a low note.

And as far as the creators saying no more past Season 8 - didn't they say the same around Season 4 or 5? I remember rumblings of Clark only getting a season (and possibly two) past High School.

The writer's strike is definitely a give and take. The $.04 per DVD was signed onto by the SWG when VHS was still young. No one realized there would be such a market past the big screen. And no one sure as hell ever imagined DVD, Blu Ray, HD DVD, etc... They are still getting bent over on a decision that is around 20 years old. Police Academy sold 1 million copies as do many movies. But over the course of 1-20 years (depending on the movie) not like they are getting that check in a few months span.

But I also agree that the many many MANY other people involved are getting the royal shaft as well while the higher up big wigs are sitting on their millions/billions none-to-concerned. Lets throw the writers $.10-.$15 per DVD and move on with it so everyone can be happy.

As fas as Smallville goes - I like the show, but the last few seasons are wishy washy. And this season especially is all over the place with no real direction (unless you count the end of the last episode before the winter break.) I'm still fairly certain that Smallville is one of the CW's flagship titles, and I don't see it going out on a low note.

And as far as the creators saying no more past Season 8 - didn't they say the same around Season 4 or 5? I remember rumblings of Clark only getting a season (and possibly two) past High School.

I thought seasons 5 and 6 were pretty decent (the first half of season 6 was really good), but I agree that this season seems sorta rough.

I didn't watch the show regularly until recently, so the creators very well might have said this before. I'd like to see it keep going, but I'd also like to see some new life given to it if it does go on. That's why I was hoping Justin Hartley/the Green Arrow would become a regular, but then having him around takes the focus off of Clark, and there's not enough focus on him (some would say) as it is.

I thought seasons 5 and 6 were pretty decent (the first half of season 6 was really good), but I agree that this season seems sorta rough.

I didn't watch the show regularly until recently, so the creators very well might have said this before. I'd like to see it keep going, but I'd also like to see some new life given to it if it does go on. That's why I was hoping Justin Hartley/the Green Arrow would become a regular, but then having him around takes the focus off of Clark, and there's not enough focus on him (some would say) as it is.

My biggest issue in at least the last 3 seasons is a major villain is introduced in the finale, and seen to be unstoppable. And then is easily thwarted in the following season opener. Last season was great until they hit the Winter Break. It all seemed to fall apart after the Justice League episode - of course this is a matter of personal opinion. I've noticed Season 4-6 always seemed to have strong opening seasons (generally first 11 episodes before the break), but seem to loose focus on the back half.

But Season 7 is all over the place. I just hope they get a bit more direction with only a handful or so of episodes left. I'm glad GA is coming back. I really enjoyed the character last season.

My biggest issue in at least the last 3 seasons is a major villain is introduced in the finale, and seen to be unstoppable. And then is easily thwarted in the following season opener. Last season was great until they hit the Winter Break. It all seemed to fall apart after the Justice League episode - of course this is a matter of personal opinion. I've noticed Season 4-6 always seemed to have strong opening seasons (generally first 11 episodes before the break), but seem to loose focus on the back half.

But Season 7 is all over the place. I just hope they get a bit more direction with only a handful or so of episodes left. I'm glad GA is coming back. I really enjoyed the character last season.

For me, your biggest issue is one of the big issues with the entire series that I guess I sorta just write it off as TV silliness. Just like them always finding a way to break Clark and Lana up, or not let Lex find out Clark's secret. It could be done way more believably, but it's just one of the series' foibles.

The villain has just been the most recent thing. At the end of season 1 it was the tornado. At the end of season 2 it was Clark leaving for Metropolis. At the end of season 3 it was Chloe getting blown up. There's always some catastrophic event taking place that seems hopeless, and not only is it fixable, but it's fixed five minutes into the next season premiere and everything's all wrapped up nicely with a bow on top.

You and I are talking about the same episodes in season 6 (I said the first half, but it was the first 11 with the Green Arrow). It was really good, as good as it'd been since season 2. Then it sorta tailed off, and I think losing focus is a good way to put it. It's almost like there are too many episodes, to be honest. I like having so many to watch, but at the same time it seems there's a bit too much filler going on, and there are one or two or three episodes that could be condensed or left out and nothing would change really.