Homemade Hqs

Jogen

Ya know there are alot of HQs made by fans that don't get any spotlight. Well, know it's time to shed some on them. Show all of them fantastic HQs you've made to get some fame. I'd show my HQ but I wouldn't want to make yall cry and see how crappy yours are......... ;)

I once made the Dreadnoks Gas Station out of cardboard about ten years ago! I had a garage that fit the thunder machine and swamp skier. it had lil gas pumps and a store area for the boys to drink grape soda and cobra cola. I even colored the whole place with pencil crayon! I ended up burning it after the noks set it ablaze when making their escape after buzzer sawed junkyard in half and raped lady jaye!(he claimed she liked it) Good times had by all.

I once made the Dreadnoks Gas Station out of cardboard about ten years ago! I had a garage that fit the thunder machine and swamp skier. it had lil gas pumps and a store area for the boys to drink grape soda and cobra cola. I even colored the whole place with pencil crayon! I ended up burning it after the noks set it ablaze when making their escape after buzzer sawed junkyard in half and raped lady jaye!(he claimed she liked it) Good times had by all.

Except Lady Jaye.

I had a couple of cardboard boxes turned Joe bases myself when I was a kid. I remember they were waaaaaay too big to be practical. It was like I figured the Joes should a pretty big building to act as their base but then didn't have nearly enough stuff to fill it up with so it ended up just being this sort of big empty warehouse with a couple of computers in the corner. I remember one of these I painted green.

Then there was "Cobra Castle". It was basically a cardboard box with a beer flat on the top with toilet paper tubes as turrets in all 4 corners. The bottom half was this sort of great hall with a raised platform and throne for Cobra Commander to sit in. I had a huge opening in the back that you could close and open so I could actually get my hands in the castle to play with the figures. I wanted this thing to look like it was made of stone but didn't have any gray paint so I ended up using some light blue house paint with some red trim on it to get if that Cobra style. I thought it was cool at the time but it really was a piece of crap looking back. I still have a G.I.JOE stand that I glued to the floor of the castle (apparently I figured it needed foot pegs) that is painted that light blue.

While this may not be Joe related, when I was a teenager and was no longer actually playing with toys I did make a pretty accurate Jabba's Palace from Return of the Jedi. I remember watching the Jabba's Palace scenes in the movie over and over so I could get a feel as to how the place was set up. The thing actually looked really good but it was large enough that I didn't have any place to display it and ended up burning it. The ironic part is I didn't even have a Jabba The Hutt figure to put in it anyway.

WELL DONT JUST TALK ABOUT YOUR HQ'S ---------------POST EM ---------------

IM PROMISE THAT I WILL NOT CRY

HERES ONE I DID WITH MY NEPHEW A FEW YEARS GO ------------------

THERE ARE THINGS IN IT I WOULD CHANGE --------------MANY THINGS

I THINK WE MAY BLOW THIS UP IN AN UP COMING DIO STORY ----------OF COURSE IM PULLING EVERY TIG OUT THAT I WANT TO KEEP FIRST ----------

LMK WHAT YOU THINK --------------

ENJOY

DOC

HERES THE LINK

CLICK HERE FOR A BADAZZ COBRA CASTLE

WELL DONT JUST TALK ABOUT YOUR HQ'S ---------------POST EM ---------------

IM PROMISE THAT I WILL NOT CRY

HERES ONE I DID WITH MY NEPHEW A FEW YEARS GO ------------------

THERE ARE THINGS IN IT I WOULD CHANGE --------------MANY THINGS

I THINK WE MAY BLOW THIS UP IN AN UP COMING DIO STORY ----------OF COURSE IM PULLING EVERY TIG OUT THAT I WANT TO KEEP FIRST ----------

LMK WHAT YOU THINK --------------

ENJOY

DOC

HERES THE LINK

CLICK HERE FOR A BADAZZ COBRA CASTLE

Sure as hell looks better than the one I made as a kid.

I remember finding a site a few years back where someone had made a custom Pit, and it was awsome. He had used 2 bookshelves for the underground areas, and added walls, and each floor served a purpose. Top shelf was the garage area, and had VAMPs, Transports, etc, with tools, hydrolifts, and all that stuff. Going lower he had offices, breakroom, Brig, etc.

And on the top of the bookshelves sat the original GI Joe HQ, which in the comics was the only part visible from ground level.

For years, I have been inspired to make my own, but have yet to find the time. I wish he still had the pics up, but the link I have no longer works. If any of you know where I can find the pics again, I would greatly appriciate it.

Blackjack, this one? I saved the pics, no idea who or where it was from.

fullviewdu7.th.jpg

That is similar, and very awsome, but not the one I remember. The one I remember had 3 or 4 floors. I do like the ramps and stairs going to the other levels on this one. The one I saw did not have any visible means of moving between floors. I remember thinking that when I built my own, I would have to add something, even if it is only an elevator door.

I will keep looking because I know others here would also like to see it.

That is similar, and very awsome, but not the one I remember. The one I remember had 3 or 4 floors. I do like the ramps and stairs going to the other levels on this one. The one I saw did not have any visible means of moving between floors. I remember thinking that when I built my own, I would have to add something, even if it is only an elevator door.

Decky Hedrock I think http://www.geocities.com/hedrock.rm/

Anyone know whatever happened to him? He disappeared along time ago. I know he used to be a member here.

Anyone know whatever happened to him? He disappeared along time ago. I know he used to be a member here.

I heard he turned into a werewolf, that could just be a rumor though.

The best forts/HQs/bases for my money as a kid were the styrofoam inserts from large appliances and lamps and such. The ones from TVs or Microwaves and the like had all the little compartments, windows, etc... I would marker them all up(I tried paint, but learned the hard way as a child that paint and styrofoam don't mix. lol). Draw little screens, emblems, etc... You know, I actually have several of those liners laying around from moving....maybe that's what I'll spend my unemployment time on.

Except Lady Jaye.

And Junkyard.

Still here!! And rumors that I turned into a werewolf are greatly exagerated......I shaved my back only yesterday lol

Still here!! And rumors that I turned into a werewolf are greatly exagerated......I shaved my back only yesterday lol

Hey Decky don't you have a few new sets foating around here.