Managed to fix ML4 Gambit's coat

gth_09

Why was this necessary?

Because the topic-starter wanted to pass along a useful tip.

Clearly the stuff he used allows you to hem fabric without stitching, something that is very helpful at the scale of these figures.

I think this is a very savvy tip.

Do you mind posting closeups of what you did, as I can't really tell?

Starman

You guys can not tell because you do not have the boxed set figure... the coat originally is all white on the inside and you can see it on display which looks really bad... he basically just put on some brown fabric on the inside to make it match the outside :) At least thats what I think he did ...

You guys can not tell because you do not have the boxed set figure... the coat originally is all white on the inside and you can see it on display which looks really bad... he basically just put on some brown fabric on the inside to make it match the outside :) At least thats what I think he did ...

Thats right BOX SET gambit not ML4!!! as he has listed. This is NOT necessary for the ML4 gambit as his coat is the same color inside and out and a much superior cut of fabric.

This is the ML4 Gambit. I wish I had the before pic then the diff will be obvious.

A lot of collectors didn't like the cloth coat & modded their Gambit with the XMC Gambit's plastic coat. I like cloth on my figs hence the mod to make it look better.

You guys can not tell because you do not have the boxed set figure... the coat originally is all white on the inside and you can see it on display which looks really bad... he basically just put on some brown fabric on the inside to make it match the outside At least thats what I think he did ...

Uh...I have both versions. Still don't know what he did though. My boxed set version is still in box.

Starman

Thats not Box set Gambit. The boxset coat was fake leather. This is the standard ML4 solo released Gambit with the cloth coat. I'm pretty sure he just made the collar stay in place? I can't figure out what is different as I have two boxset versions from the amazon.com $8.00 clearance.

Thats right BOX SET gambit not ML4!!! as he has listed. This is NOT necessary for the ML4 gambit as his coat is the same color inside and out and a much superior cut of fabric.

Why do you whine about everything? Please just stop talking and making yourself look like an ass.

Anyways,Gambit looks a whole lot better with the tighter coat. Psylocke looks really awesome too.

Why do you whine about everything? Please just stop talking and making yourself look like an ass.

Anyways,Gambit looks a whole lot better with the tighter coat. Psylocke looks really awesome too.

It's called stating the facts lady. You can't fix something thats not broken.

I am a Guy.(Now I know how Draven feels) @lol@

He tightened the coat so it would fit the figure better. I don't know why you have a problem with that,

I am a Guy.(Now I know how Draven feels) @lol@

He tightened the coat so it would fit the figure better. I don't know why you have a problem with that,

It does look good, It's just when I saw 'fixed' his coat. It should be 'modified' or 'improved'. I have ML4 Gambit and see nothing wrong with his baggy trench coat and after my first post I just responded to people quoting me. Thats all, moving on now.

Why should we listen to someone who adds a letter 'X' to their name when it's not really necessary? Learn to spell before trying to teach us about semantics & word choice, Slowen...

RhinomanX

Why should we listen to someone who adds a letter 'X' to their name when it's not really necessary? Learn to spell before trying to teach us about semantics & word choice, Slowen...

RhinomanX

That's SIXX as in NIXX SIXX... 666.

Good looking out, Rain. Is that the quickest banishment ever (ARYANMONSTER)? Two posts? I think I saw what he tried to say & it wasn't too bad. I've heard (and probably said) worse...

I was just experimenting & used Magic Seam (hot iron seam) on the inside seams of Gambit's coat. To my surprise the coat looks great.

What do you think?

GambitPsylocke.jpg

This looks GREAT!

I'd like to apply this tecnique to a few customs of mine as well. How's this iron/magic seam work? The procedure and all that good stuff.

Thanks in advance!

-Bruce

Magic seam is easy to use. Just insert a small thin piece in between the seam you want & iron carefully. Make sure there is no excess sticking out or it'll gunk your iron (don't ask me how I know). I got some from the dollar store.