Hasbro will be doing a monthly Q&A for marvel stuff

JayC

Will Hasbro be putting proper articulation back into the figures ie Bicep swivel, double jointed elbows/knees, etc. The collectors want it.

ML needs more box sets. Release more box sets.

The collectors don't wan't It!!!!!!!!! I'm a collector and I hate too many articulations,It makes the figures too loose.

The less the better!!

Except that many more collectors do want it, and some of us (myself included) started collecting this line because of the articulation. Calling yourself a collector doesn;t automatically make you the spokesman for us all, and I think the amount of people asking here aboput the articulation issues means it's a valid question.

So to get back on topic, I would like to ask Hasbro if we will see a return to more articulation, and if they'll be making box sets and 2-packs etc.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, heres MY questions!

1. Where is my Modern Taskmaster?

2. Do you have plans to continue making Face-Offs?

3. Will you be making a Modern Deadpool anytime soon?

4. WHY DO YOU SUCK SO MUCH?

Will Hasbro be putting proper articulation back into the figures ie Bicep swivel, double jointed elbows/knees, etc. The collectors want it.

The collectors don't wan't It!!!!!!!!! I'm a collector and I hate too many articulations,It makes the figures too loose.

The less the better!!

I have to agree with Electro. I don't need 85 POA. Many of my fav Marvel Legends end up with loose joints that make some positions difficult if nigh impossible to stand in. Many collectors do want 138 POAs and many probably don't also. Unfortunately, this thread has turned into a Hasbro bash and thats what we are hearing. More people saying what they hate than what they like.

The less the better!!

If you want less than get the 5 inch figures like I did. Cracks me up when people #$#@# about too much articulation than slam the figures that don't have enough! Either get 5 inch with some or 6 inch with a lot.

Whats even funnier, I know damn well if the Legends went to 5 inch scale everybody would still be buying them. An action figure is an action figure, 5 inch or 12 inch. Just because it's not exactly 6 inches everybody says there crap. Makes me wonder how many of you were collecting back in the 80's and 90's when 95% of the figures were 5 inch. Newbies never have any nostalgia.

You know what, I would stop collecting if all they offered was 5" scale. TB put out an incredible array of characters, many never done before. I've got probably 80% at least of TBs stuff. The smaller stuff looks out of place next to them. So I'm supposed to start over from the beginning & buy every single character again? I don't think so. Becuase I'm certainly not going to have mismatched midgets & giants displayed together.

Plus seriously, have you looked at the Kraven & Scorpion figures? Those things are an abomination. Especially Kraven. Anyone who thinks that's "superior" to the box set one from TB seriously need to get their eyes checked.

The whole appeal of the ML line is the massive articulation & accurate to the comics likenesses. Bicep, ankle, wrist, thigh & mid-torso have all become standards. If not then why have the torso, ankle & wrist even been adopted into many Star Wars figures, another Hasbro product, BTW.

And as for "newbies" (wow, how original), I've got around 50 or so figures from the 90s that'd disagree with you on that. Times have evolved & collectors want more posability out of their figures. It's a minority that claim the less the better in this day & age.

As for all the general hate comments, yeah, like those are going to be submitted to Hasbro. Try to be productive with your queries guys.

Hopefully the various sites who are getting to submit questions would maybe get together in a chat & make sure they aren't submitting the exact same questions. Because I'm pretty sure the top 3 will be: Why did you mess with the articulation, why did you jack the price & where are the good paint washes. And every site will probably try to submit those wihch will waste a lot of time in the first round.

So, everyone just chill out & get back to coming up with useful suggestions for questions please.

Questions for Hasbro

1. By now, it must not make sense to reissue repaints of older ToyBiz products since collectors compare these with the originals and pass up on them if they cannot discern any major noticeable improvement to these; would you consider minor (tweaks) resculpts to give like say 2002 Series 1 to Series 6 ToyBiz products a more appealing, updated look? Example resculpt Classic Cyclops, Iron Man, Cable, Juggernaut, Magneto?

2. Would you consider giving your figures a darker, meaner tone, or more serious facial expressions (as in a battle mode) as opposed to the expressionless, blank look or happy go lucky mood they're showing (right now they look too cheesy!) X3 Juggy, Hercules, Banshee, White Queen and Jean Grey (undead look)

3. Could you leave out the shiny, glossy, museum type finish that make these look like kiddie toys rather than lifelike collectors items (do more paint washes).

4. Could you add more poseability or articulation which kids and collectors prefer ?

5. Spider Man (6") would do well if they use the Todd McFarlane versions and use new sculpts rather old ones. Example: resculpts and updates to Ben Reilly version, Symbiote Costume ( the old ones look dated - by the way no silver on the Symbiote costume, it takes away from being faithful to the comic book version)

• 2 weeks later...