Hasbro will be doing a monthly Q&A for marvel stuff

JayC

I just have one question for Hasbro:

1. Why does your Customer Relations Service SUCK? I am STILL waiting for a response from my 'local representative' concerning the Marvel Legends figures. IT'S BEEN TWO MONTHS NOW. My question was whether or not the figures would be available at my local Toys 'R Us in my corner of Asia, since ML figures had not been stocked there for over a year. I just happened to be in there buying a gift for my nephew, and stumbled across Wave 1 and 2. I was very happy to see them, but quite perturbed that Hasbro hadn't contacted me with a yes or no answer. I wasn't asking for company secrets, just if I could buy their products. I almost didn't, just to spite them.

I've contacted Toy Biz several times in the past concerning questions about Marvel Legends figures, and while I wasn't always satisfied with the answers, at least I got them. And in a timely manner. Kudos, Toy Biz. I miss your involvement in the Marvel Legends figures, and don't relish purchasing products from your successor.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love a heralds of Galactus series! Although I am mainly an "old school" comic reader: I stared reading in the late 70's, stopped colecting in the early 90's. So the characters I would really want would be Silver Surfer, Air-Walker, Firelord, Terrax and Nova.

I would love to see a Heralds wave. I'd be all over that like Spam on white toast. Maybe the BAF could be the Watcher, or Galactus's ship or big device for sucking out a planet's energy. Or maybe the Kree Supreme Intelligence. He's played chess with Galactus a couple of times.

Cool to have Firelord, Air-Walker, Nova

to rest meh.

Some of these questions are hilarious. Could you tell us why you suck? Could you tell us why your products are crap? Etc.

ANYWAY... my questions...

1. I just wondered why the Invisible Woman's hand is permanently sculpted upward. It seems there are other ways the force bubble could have been attached that wouldn't have resulted in the figure looking a bit odd without her accesory. It's literally the only thing I dislike about the figure, as I think the likeness is good and really like the color change feature.

2. Along with that... is there a possibility for waves beyond number 3? Maybe with an IW that doesn't have her hand like that forever?

3. Is there a possibility of any playsets with this line, like the Baxter Building, or is that pretty much a pipe dream as no one seems to do playsets very much and this line seems pretty small-scale?

What is the likelihood that Hasbro will release theme/team-based series' of Marvel Legends 6" single-carded figures, with each series made up of mainstay-characters/villains/supporting cast from the corresponding themes/teams (for example: an Avengers series with Cap/Iron Man/Black Widow/Red Skull/Winter Soldier, an X-men series with Cyclops/Guardian/Jean Grey/Gladiator/Magneto, a Wolverine series with Wolverine/Viper/Sabretooth/Hand Ninja/Deadpool/Silver Samurai, or a Hulk series with Hulk/Absorbing Man/Leader/Abomination/Doc Samson, etc?)

1) When will you give up doing Marvel so we can have our Legends back?

2) Why are the prices so much higher than before?

I would love a heralds of Galactus series! Although I am mainly an "old school" comic reader: I stared reading in the late 70's, stopped colecting in the early 90's. So the characters I would really want would be Silver Surfer, Air-Walker, Firelord, Terrax and Nova.

Actually if you have not been reading comics lately you should check out the ANN comic arc personally I recommend the hardcovers :)

1) When will you give up doing Marvel so we can have our Legends back?

2) Why are the prices so much higher than before?

HA! Ouch! the 2nd one is worth asking at least :D With toybiz doing indie stuff now I don't think we will ever get them back :|

Will I EVER get an Adam Warlock figure as a MARVEL LEGEND??

That's pretty much all I want to know for now.

answer " its under consideration but we can't say anything for sure just yet"

@loll@ Hey I should work for hasbro :P

The less the better? Really???

It depends on the figure actually.Hasbro can make the cut at the gloves, boots, shirts and it doesn´t affect sculpt (unlike wolvie´s, thor´s, emma´s bicep weird articulation) and with the new plastic, they joints are quite tight. Mattel´s DCSH almost has the perfect amount of art; they just need double knee and elbow joints, and head swivel

Point for Shadowboy

the DCSH figures seem done for children, their package even is of an infantile appearance, but, the figures estan done with an enormous quality in the escultorico work, asi like in the painting and the accessories, and in fact in my point of view they are better figures of collection than the two you complete deliveries of Hasbro, however the MLH that seem oriented for I publish greater seem of style but infantile, the quality of the material asi as the regular design and the painting simply do not estan in standars that one hopes of one articulate of Marvel productions

One of the most fantastic part of the Legends line up until now was the concept of the box set in all it's glory. Sometimes they were rehashed figures (often times released much earlier allowing people to collect figures they missed without the mind-numbing increase on the after-market) and often times at least 1 or 2 new sculpts with at least a few different paint apps and head sculpts. So....

1) What is the likelihood of future box sets - is this an idea being considered at a later date or put on the back burner? I know Hasbro in general has no issues with special box sets as evident in their Star Wars, GI Joe, and Transformers line.

2) And also with the insertion of Ultimate characters and Movie characters into the main line it seems you don't stick to a stringent 'Legends' concept, but neither did your predecessor. Will there be any chance of seeing other non 616 (normal Marvel) characters like Marvel Zombies, What If?, etc..?

I'd take a knock-off over a happy meal toy any day.

Meh, if you want to pay 10.00 bucks for just a crappy figure with no accessories and a piece of another crappy figure, thats your choice I guess. You played right into Hasbro's hands on the price increase.

Mind if we can stop derailing this original topic and get back to the matter at hand? Collect whatever line(s) you prefer - your choice. But no reason to belittle and berate others for what they like. It's childish - even for this hobby.

I came across with another question:

1. WHERE AND WHEN ARE WE GOING TO SEE HASBRO´S REPLIES TO OUR QUESTIONS?

I hope the don´t answer what they want, but actually respond to the though questions envolving paint and articulation issues.

First off why does everybody wan't more articulation?? I say the less the better.Thats the one reason I didn't buy the toybiz marvel legends, they had so much articulation that they were to loose to stand.

On to the questions:

1-will hasbro go back to the 6inch scale

2-will hasbro make figures of characters that have seldom or not been made before

3-can hasbro stick to original character costumes

4-will there be an electro figure in the signature series

@Spidey@ @gambit@ @doom@

The less the better? Really???

It depends on the figure actually.Hasbro can make the cut at the gloves, boots, shirts and it doesn´t affect sculpt (unlike wolvie´s, thor´s, emma´s bicep weird articulation) and with the new plastic, they joints are quite tight. Mattel´s DCSH almost has the perfect amount of art; they just need double knee and elbow joints, and head swivel.

All I'm saying Is we don't need 30 articulations,wrist, elbow, shoulder,waist,head and knee articulations Is all that is needed.We DO NOT need finger and toe articulation or 5 articulations in the leg.Think of the 1980's and early 1990's figures,they had minimal articulation and they were amazing. What's the point of having 30 articulations If the figure Is too loose to stand?? Which Is the big problem with the toybiz legends figures.

Will Hasbro be putting proper articulation back into the figures ie Bicep swivel, double jointed elbows/knees, etc. The collectors want it.

ML needs more box sets. Release more box sets.

The collectors don't wan't It!!!!!!!!! I'm a collector and I hate too many articulations,It makes the figures too loose.

The less the better!!