10 more 25th Anniversary Figures named?

[GIJoe]Recondo

this was posted over at joesightings.com

original thread can be seen here:

http://www.joesightings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5574

"Hello

I know that I'm new to the boards here, but these were found in a major retailers computer yesterday.

65356928936 Blade Destro

65356928932 Snow Job

65356928934 Flash

65356928935 Snake Eyes Black

65356928931 Crimson Guard

65356929251 Armor CC

65356929253 Torpedo

65356929254 Major Bludd

65356929252 Rock N Roll

65356929255 Wild Bill

I'm not guaranteeing that these will be released just that they are in a retailers computer.

The number strings in front are the products UPC codes, so someone should be able to validate these other than myself.

I hope this information is helpful. Now lets discuss...

If the info proves to be true, I can't wait to get my hands on Snow Job and Rock N Roll.

PS the mystery figure from the cardbacks is Red Ninja in their system

Thanks Slicer X "

sounds like a good list but can only imagine what "blade destro" and "snake eyes black" are supposed to be

plus helmetless pics of Duke and Roadblock here

http://gijoeclub.com/25thset1.cfm

I will say that blade Destro is the IG one with the sword. they just probably dubbed it "blade" cause it was easy. SE black is either the V3, or the V2 but in BLACK, instead of the grey from the first single wave. I REALLY hope this is an accurat list, and just bullpoop. I wonder if they will do agent harlan moore for SNow Job, cause i know that Hasbro's legal dept. HATES the name SNOW JOB, because of the thing it sounds like. I never understood that, since they always use "Grunt" and "Hawk".

hmmm what an odd assortment. I don't see Hasbro's thinking. Not really any army builders in these other than crimson guards.

Blade Destro - if this is an IG destro I will welcome it.

Snow Job - honestly find him pretty boring character-wise and the way he looks.

Flash - welcome back flash!

Snake Eyes Black - guessing this is the same as the single carded one but in black. could be worse i suppose. if we see pics soon, i might get this instead of the gray one.

Crimson Guard - great!

Armor CC - i hope this is the suit fred made!

Torpedo - would have prefered wet suit.

Major Bludd - yayyyyyyyy!

Rock N Roll - i'm eager to see which version this will be.

Wild Bill - i hope this looks like the original!

still, even with all those good ones coming up (destro, CC, bludd) i'm wondering where the twins are, scrap iron, copperhead, mindbender....

too many redoes of characters.. we don't need Destro, Snake Eyes, or CC again.

I like Snow Job, Flash, Crimson Guard, Torpedo, Major Bludd, and Rock n Roll... although I would have prefered other characters:

Dusty, Wet Suit, Leatherneck, Bazooka, Alpine, etc

Thanks for sharing the news with us [GIJoe]Recondo, also glad to finally see RB and Duke without helmets.

I will say that blade Destro is the IG one with the sword. they just probably dubbed it "blade" cause it was easy. SE black is either the V3, or the V2 but in BLACK, instead of the grey from the first single wave. I REALLY hope this is an accurat list, and just bullpoop. I wonder if they will do agent harlan moore for SNow Job, cause i know that Hasbro's legal dept. HATES the name SNOW JOB, because of the thing it sounds like. I never understood that, since they always use "Grunt" and "Hawk".

I agree with your assumptions on Destro and SE. I'll be thrilled to see Snow Job and Torpedo if this info is for real, Torpedo was one of my favs as a kid.

Sounds good to me, hopefully we will see some of these at the gi joe con. I am thinking that we will see the other single carded figures that are coming out sometime in 2007 at SDCC. Looks like a nice 2007/2008 indeed. Interesting choice of names for some of the figures, I am wondering what theme/concept is HASBRO is going to use for 2008.

too many redoes of characters.. we don't need Destro, Snake Eyes, or CC again.

I like Snow Job, Flash, Crimson Guard, Torpedo, Major Bludd, and Rock n Roll... although I would have prefered other characters:

Dusty, Wet Suit, Leatherneck, Bazooka, Alpine, etc

Agreed. They seem to be kinda throwing out mixed signals. They throw in retreads ("core characters") for the kids yet the lines seems more geared toward collectors.

If it IS IG Destro, that's fine (but we know it will just be version 1 with a gold head) and armored CC is okay, I guess. I'm just sick of Snake Eyes.

That's the first I've seen of real pics of the upcoming Joes. Am I the only one disappointed? Those look awful, gung ho looks more like jessie ventura than gung ho. None of them look right, I almost wish they would've waited for the 30th anniversary to make better figures. Hopefully the pics are misleading or I think I'll just keep my Rah figures and quit on new stuff. I'll wait another 10 years for them to do something better, afterall it only took 5 years for new sculpt to come and go.

Well I hope this is true. It's a good list. Although I won't be buying yet another Destro, CC, or Snake Eyes, but the rest I'll get.

I'm wondering if this is some add on for X-mas of 07 or the first of the 2008 figures.

When you talk about 'core' characters, it becomes an argument of semantics because everyone has a favorite 5-10 they want to see. I am personally ecstatic about a Rock 'N Roll, Flash, and Wild Bill - but some of the others I could wait on. As long as they are kicking out new molds (or however you want to look at it) I will suffer through another Snake-Eyes/Storm Shadow/Cobra Commander/Destro. Its a staple of any toy line. I've grown to accept it.

65356928936 Blade Destro

65356928935 Snake Eyes Black

65356929251 Armor CC

I see they couldn't help themselves with giving us more versions of the same characters instead of more new characters. ..............

They sound like Sigma Six characters

The list seems probable but still i can't understand why Hawk, or even Col. or whatever Abernathy wouldn't come before Snowjob, torpedo or flash. Flash is a good choice because then we can use his body for Grandslam and se's body to complete the orginal 13 and i hope they do.

That's the first I've seen of real pics of the upcoming Joes. Am I the only one disappointed? Those look awful, gung ho looks more like jessie ventura than gung ho. None of them look right, I almost wish they would've waited for the 30th anniversary to make better figures. Hopefully the pics are misleading or I think I'll just keep my Rah figures and quit on new stuff. I'll wait another 10 years for them to do something better, afterall it only took 5 years for new sculpt to come and go.

Pics? What pics?

When you talk about 'core' characters, it becomes an argument of semantics because everyone has a favorite 5-10 they want to see. I am personally ecstatic about a Rock 'N Roll, Flash, and Wild Bill - but some of the others I could wait on. As long as they are kicking out new molds (or however you want to look at it) I will suffer through another Snake-Eyes/Storm Shadow/Cobra Commander/Destro. Its a staple of any toy line. I've grown to accept it.

Well two things. It means one less figure or three to spend money on. And we better be getting some new friggin' molds.

The list seems probable but still i can't understand why Hawk, or even Col. or whatever Abernathy wouldn't come before Snowjob, torpedo or flash. Flash is a good choice because then we can use his body for Grandslam and se's body to complete the orginal 13 and i hope they do.

It doesn't seem like they have any idea of whom they are going to use. Yeah, you gotta contend with which characters are more "iconic/poplular" than others (at least for the first 25) but even that can't be THAT hard to do after 25 years. But for the others? It's almost like they just pick characters randomly from a hat or something. Hell, look at the list for the Mail-Ins! I think they intended to do Doc to begin with which is why the put all those nonsensical other choices.

I wonder if it would be possible to take an overall fan vote (maybe by year) of characters we want to see. I mean more of a concerted effort along the lines of the questioning thing Hasbro was doing than just here at TNI.

Guest DavAnthony

With the exception of Snake Eyes (AGAIN) I don't think the list is that bad. People have been bitchin they want a Armored Cobra Commander and an Iron Grenadier Destro (which this may be) and Hasbro is listening to that. I wouldn't be surprised if they are going to introduce Hawk at a later point in 08. They already have three of the main leaders of GiJoe (Duke, Flint and Beachead) they can introduce Hawk when they need some more push for the line. As far as Flash, Snow Job and Major Bludd people have been asking for Flash and Snow Job since the modern era of GiJoe started so I give Hasbro credit for finally listening and I rarely give them credit.

As far as the figures it seems the only figures Hasbro will use paint washes on are Star Wars figures. The fact that they insist on not using paint washes really cuts down on how cool these figures can look. They also have to back away from the cartooney/anime thing they have going on with all of their lines so far. It just doesn't work especially with GiJoe, it is a distraction from what could be pretty perfect figures. Hopefully soon they will turn around and start making great head sculpts and be a bit more liberal with their paint applications. Then I think we will be on a pretty good path with these figures.