Marvel Legends Series 4 = Total Crap

Scott

we would all feel like we were getting screwed by Hasbro and there would be no end of complaints.

Starman

Dude...you must be from AoA?!

I really like this line up, I mean it solves so many different problems. Say what you will, but I'm a fan of both the Avengers and X-Men. I do know that by Toyfare's account...there have been more Avengers made than there are X Men, but that's splitting hairs.

I want a full roster of every single team, all the petty crooks, and of course all of the solo title characters! Hasbro is known to take full advantage of every license they've ever owned...so I wanna see those characters from the background of civil war, who don't have a book to get done!!!

So...to clarify, MODOK series was all Avengers and technically; Beast, Wolverine & Storm are Avengers! Never mind Scarlet Witch (...never an X Man) but her brother (member of X Factor...twice!) is fair game!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we would all feel like we were getting screwed by Hasbro and there would be no end of complaints.

Starman

I really like this line up, I mean it solves so many different problems. Say what you will, but I'm a fan of both the Avengers and X-Men. I do know that by Toyfare's account...there have been more Avengers made than there are X Men, but that's splitting hairs.

I want a full roster of every single team, all the petty crooks, and of course all of the solo title characters! Hasbro is known to take full advantage of every license they've ever owned...so I wanna see those characters from the background of civil war, who don't have a book to get done!!!

So...to clarify, MODOK series was all Avengers and technically; Beast, Wolverine & Storm are Avengers! Never mind Scarlet Witch (...never an X Man) but her brother (member of X Factor...twice!) is fair game!

When was Storm ever an Avenger? Also if we are getting real technical we can throw Reed, Sue and Thing into the Avengers camp :)

Its Hasbro afterall so Iam not expecting much.

But glad to see Silver Samurai and Nova finally make the cut!

I wonder if the Silver Samurai will have chrome armour?

I am really looking foward to the FA Storm. She will look great next to Phoenix. Bryne Cyclops, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Banshee.

Also looking foward to AOA Sunfire. Here's hoping they soon make AOA X-man, AOA Jea,n and AOA Blink.

Try not to throw rocks (too hard at least), but I don't get the appeal of FA Daredevil. The suit is butt ugly. Yes, yes, I know who designed it, and that for some reason I should like it just because, blah blah blah... whatever. It's ugly.

But I have always liked the Holocaust design, and so I guess I'll add it to the growing list of figures I've picked up just to complete a BAF. At least Hasbro hasn't made me hunt down a variant to complete one yet, unlike some former liscense holders I could mention.

And I guess the long rumored Ord just got moved back yet another wave? Or has he joined Crimson Dynamo in the forever rumored category?

This is a great lineup. Atleast we're not getting any Wolverine or Iron Man figures this time around, I'm so sick of those guys. Can't wait for Silver Samuri and Sunfire (assuming this info is true.)

Starman

When was Storm ever an Avenger? Also if we are getting real technical we can throw Reed, Sue and Thing into the Avengers camp :)

He is most likely thinking of the marvel adventure series comics :) Which is in no way part of the mu what so ever :D

This is a great lineup. Atleast we're not getting any Wolverine or Iron Man figures this time around, I'm so sick of those guys. Can't wait for Silver Samuri and Sunfire (assuming this info is true.)

I read from another blog the Silver Samurai will be finished in a white wash similar to how he appears in comic books. This is fine as long as he gets some sort of glimmering over spray or have the same paint applique as in Colossus in XMen Classics line or Silver Surfer. Sunfire should have a little translucency as in the FF4 Human Torch figures to appear "flaming" hot!

I read from another blog the Silver Samurai will be finished in a white wash similar to how he appears in comic books.

Reading Silver Samurai and white wash in the same sentence made me giggle. For those unfamilar, White wash is another slang for the term "Twinkie" when referring to asians. LOL

I read from another blog the Silver Samurai will be finished in a white wash similar to how he appears in comic books.

Reading Silver Samurai and white wash in the same sentence made me giggle. For those unfamilar, White wash is another slang for the term "Twinkie" when referring to asians. LOL

"white wash" is a slur used for ANY ethnicity that appears to live a "white person" lifestyle. Now back to action figure talk. As long as the FA DD has an all red variant it's pure money in the bank and I predict it will be the hottest selling figure of the assortment. Don't forget this will be the very first single carded Daredevil figure made as a Marvel Legend!(no the movie figure doesn't count cause it was 1. a movie figure 2. pure garbage)

I've never heard that before and honestly, I find that offensive being asian myself. But whatever, to each his own.

I personally really dig this list and would want every character EXCEPT Daredevil and Punisher.

What the hell has Nova been up to in the last five years or so??!

Kinda so-so on Silver Samurai, but will definitely add him to the X-Men villains roster with glee.

MOST excited about Tigra and FA Storm. Tigra's been a fave of mine and an underutilized Avenger, so I'm looking forward to adding her to my collection. Wish she had a bendy tail like Nightcrawler, though, and not a swivel tail. And FA Storm rounds out the "All New, All Different" multi-cultural X-Men team perfectly. No Sunfire (Classic) or Thunderbird yet, but as someone mentioned before, Phoenix and ML9 Cyclops will fill their slots well enough, alongside Nightcrawler, Banshee, Wolverine, and Colossus.

The complaints about AOA Sunfire have officially been squashed for me, because it's the current look now anyway. So naysayers go say nay elsewhere. It's a hot design.

Holocaust is easily one of the coolest-looking villains, so I'm excited to see how he's done. The old 90s toy was good for its time, but there's so much more than can be done with it now...

Hope the 8th figure (if there is one) will be Black Bolt. I couldn't give a rat's rear about Gladiator, and I could take or leave Guardian at this point, and figure he'll pop up soon enough anyway.

And for good measure, I still want to see Crystal, Sersi, Moondragon, Starfox, Swordsman, Mockingbird, Stingray, Jocasta, Rage, Modern Luke Cage, Jack of Hearts, Justice, Firestar, and Ares for the Avengers lineup. But I will say we are starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel of Avengers... but I'm so glad so many have been done!

As for X-Men, still wanting: Jean Grey (Jim Lee uniform), Jubilee, Dazzler, Polaris, Strong Guy, Wolfsbane (easy retool off a Tigra mold? Do I smell a TRU exclusive?!), Forge, Multiple Man, Cannonball, Proudstar (Classic Thunderbird variant?!), Domino, Boomer (she and Jubilee can share parts), Siryn, Shatterstar, Sunspot, Rictor, Meggan, Nocturne, Wild Child, and Shard. And Astonishing X-Men Beast. And X3 Angel, Storm, and Kitty.

hmmm....ok, "white wash" doesn't relate only to asians...but if that's what you think then i won't argue with you.

The complaints about AOA Sunfire have officially been squashed for me, because it's the current look now anyway. So naysayers go say nay elsewhere. It's a hot design.

You said its a Hot design and his name is Sunfire! And he's on fire! Get it?!

Seriously though, that build a figure Holocaust is going to kick all sorts of ass if its made.

What the hell has Nova been up to in the last five years or so??!

wOW read any comic books lately?.. :S If you want to see more on nova check out the annihilation comic arc its well worth it, nova is allso in his own mini series right now how ever theres no telling how long it will last for ... If you like nova start picking up the mini series cause with out support its not gona last long...

the ann arc itself I highly recommend the HC versions of it it collects everything including the drax mini series which was a nice touch considering how much of a role drax plays in it :)

http://www.marvel.com/news/all.59

Personally I will be HIGHLY HIGHLY disappointed if Hasbro does not go with the current nova ANN look for the figure ... Odds are I may not even buy it ...

hmmm....ok, "white wash" doesn't relate only to asians...but if that's what you think then i won't argue with you.

I never heard it used on any other race, though I'd imagine it can. According to the definitions at urbandictionary.com, it seems to inidicate as a slang towards asians and no, I did not add the definition there.

As for the other poster that I may have offended, I am asian btw.

Ok i'll jump in. I'm half Latino and Italian raised mostly latino. Lots of my friends think I'm "white washed" I'm 25 years old raised in LA and any one that was not white and was considered to be acting white was called white washed, it was always said as a joke you know like beaner or wop. At least we always took it as a joke. @loll@

Well I'm Half white and the other half is even whiter, so when I was called "white washed" I knew my must be pretty damn pale, hahaha, now if we don't start talking about toys again a moderator is gonna kick us all off(joking, hopefully :) ...ANYWAYS When do you guys predict HML4 will be released? When is series 3? August? I bet 4 won't be out till November, but I want it NOW!!!!!

Its Hasbro afterall so Iam not expecting much.

But glad to see Silver Samurai and Nova finally make the cut!

Making the cut... ah hah, haha... HAHA! That was just a good play on words there.