Leader Class Prime vs. Voyager Class Prime

Snow_Serpent

To be honest I have not kept up with the movie toys very well, as most of what I had seen was verl blah and I am ready for a break from TF collecting at this point. However, I did see Leader Class Prime this weekend and snapped it up as it looked cool, although $40 seemed about $10 too much. Then, I saw posts about Voyager Prime and wondered how much these differ?

Anybody know what the major differences are, besides size and electronics?

Well you have already summed it up nicely. Leader class is bigger, has electronics, is more complex/detailed. It's also much nicer in terms of scale compared to the rest of the line. I picked up Leader Megs and Prime and i really think these are the best figs i got all year. I'll be passing up the Voyager Class Megs and Prime myself.

Voyager Prime is absolutely friggin awesome!!!

He is much more streamlined than the leader class version.

To me he seems more accurate to the movie, while the leader version has stronger elements of the "classic" look.

Starman

It's all up to personal tastes. If you like your TF's more complex and gadgety then leader is the one you want. If you like them nicely detailed, not over the top complicated, and more "playable" then you want the voyager.

I think leader class is more for look than function. He's a great centerpiece, but a figure that not a lot of people will want to transform over and over again. (sure, some will)

Voyager class is much more fun to me. I'd be much more likely to transform him more often to change around the looks of my displays than I would the leader version.

If I had to choose just one, I'd be happy with the voyager.

Plus its a completely different transformation for each one, ie leader class' legs come from the front, with the grill becoming his feet, while voyager class one has the legs form from the sleeper part of the cab.

I'll have to say Leader class here. I think he's a better fit scale wise compared to the rest of the bots in the line. He also has more detail, cool features and is very sturdy. The transformation isn't all that hard. I pretty much did him on my own the first time as the instructions are shoddy as hell (unclear and undetailed). The automorph features work nicely. I can also recommend picking up Leader class Megatron. Megs' lower body is a bit tricky to convert at first but he gets really easy after a few times. Poseability isn't a problem, both of mine stand fine up straight and posed.