Spidey Movie Legends confirmed??

pastwatch2001

I don't know how much of this we can bank on, but here's the latest from cooltoyreview.com

Sandman

Sandman looks fairly standard for the character. The likeness is close and passible, but is more Sandman than Thomas Hayden Church. THe figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, double pivot elbows, swivel wrists, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, double pivot knees, and ball jointed ankles. In the image we've seen, he has sand arms. The left hand is a big sandy fist and the right is a spiked mace.

Venom

Sorry kids, the Marvel Legends scaled Venom is purple. Beyond that, the figure does look better than the smaller version. The web deco is a bit more scattered like it was in the film, and the costume texture is much more subtle. Venom features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, double pivot elbows, ball jointed wrists, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, double pivot knees, ball jointed ankles, and a huge tongue.

New Goblin

While it is hard to tell, there is a good chance that this figure features a removable mask and removable arm blades. Harry comes with his hover board and a loose fit belt that displays nicely over the leg articulation. The New Goblin figure features ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, double pivot elbows, ball jointed wrists, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, double pivot knees, ball jointed ankles, and possibly a ball jointed head.

Mary Jane Watson

The MJ figure, like the Sandman figure, is easily passible as the character, but doesn't have a perfect Kirsten Dunst likeness (which isn't a bad thing). The figure comes on a small circular display base that is sculpted to look like a wooden floor with piles of sand on it. Also, she comes with a large plank of wood. The character is sculpted in a dark brown go-go boots and a light brown dress that falls about mid thigh, making it impossible to judge what sort of hip articulation it has. Of what articulation is visible, MJ features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbows, swivel wrists, ball jointed torso, double pivot knees, and ball jointed ankles. Like other figures in the line with long hair, chances are good the head articulation will be limited.

Spider-Man (symbiote)

This figure looks really cool. While not 100% film accurate, it does pull off the costume pretty well, and the body sculpt is very well done. Think Quicksilver's body type, but completely re-sculpted to match the Hasbro articulation. The black Spidey features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbows, ball jointed wrists, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, double pivot knees, and ball jointed ankles.

Classic Spider-Man

This is where trouble comes into paradise. THis figure is a rehash of what was originally Toybiz's Super Articulated Spider-Man from their Spider-Man 2 line. This version of the figure is identical, save with black where the former was blue. All things considered, it is a great sculpt though, so it's ideal for anyone who missed out the first time.

Dr. Octopus and Green Goblin

Fear not true believers, this isn't a two pack. These will both come out single carded, but they are both rehashes based on the Toybiz sculpts that Hasbro used in the Spider-Man Origins two packs. Expect them to be repainted, but beyond that not all that exciting. The kids will love 'em though, and really that is who toys are made for...

BUILD A FIGURE Sandman

OK, now this is really cool. This is a figure of Sandman in action. THis thing could not fit into a blister-card. No way. This version of Sandman isn't quite humanoid, but close. It looks like the scene where he's putting himself back together. This figure even trumps The Blob when it coms to BAFs.

In scale with the legends line this sounds like it could be a decent wave... I Like the sounds of the MJ figure... Though I wish we could get a few more regulars in there as well like JJJ & such

This relatively seems legit... (maybe not as HML4 though) as the people who run the site are from Rebelscum...

But, for now, I'll not say anything. I want to see pics before determining which ones I would buy. Probably Mary Jane and New Goblin, but nothing other than that. We'll see.

This line doesn't sound that great unless you're into movie figures. I might pick up MJ but thats it. Also, the baf is Sandman!? What a rip. So they expect us to buy a small Sandman to build a big one. It's bad enough they want us to buy the re-repainted Green Goblin and Doc Ock figures. Geez. We've hit a new low here.

I'm conflicted... no interest in movie figures, but if the MJ and Sandman figures don't look like movie figs, then I may have to get them. Guess I'll have to wait until we get some actual pictures. Yea, BAF Sandman with a sandman already in the wave is a stupid idea.

This line sounds awesome and really hope it's real!

BAF sandman would be awesome!

I, like cloud, have been waiting for a decent movie venom to come out. I m not a big fan of movie figures unless they are really awesome and to me, there really hasnt been any really awesome movie figs worth getting for the most part. I dont know if i hope this line is real or not as i would probably just get symbiote and venom.... and i dont want another repaint of green goblin and doc ock.. seriously how many are they goign to make of these damn things? i have very mixed feelings with this line overall though, we ll see after we get some pics.

I am not too excited for this wave. If MJ looks almost comic accurate I will be happy to buy her. I would have preferred a re-release of the movie version of Doc Oc and Green Goblin instead of the SPider-Man classic versions. It would have just made more sense to do an entire movie wave. The BAF will determine if i pass on this wave.

Hate to burst bubbles, but this is the same info that leaked out from the retailer list last year. This is nothing new and no more confirmed then before.

Well that is a good thing for us who are not crazy about the wave.

If HML 4 is dedicated SOLELY to movie figs from Spidey 3...then count me out.

Sorry, HASBRO, but if true, that's a sublimely STUPID decision.

I was always counseling cautious optimism on HASBRO's acquistion of the license...but so far, I'm not a truly satisfied customer.

A Spidey 3 movie wave in 6"-scale is NOT a bad idea...but NOT in the LEGENDS line!!!

Ummm...earth to HASBRO....TOY-BIZ actually had a separate line for LEGENDS, for Spidey CLassics, for X-MEN classics, aaaaaaand for Marvel Movie figs. And they were well done...and they sold.

What's the friggin' problem?!?!?

Hate to burst bubbles, but this is the same info that leaked out from the retailer list last year. This is nothing new and no more confirmed then before.

Well I'm kind of disappointed now, I was hoping for some decent Spider-man 3 figs. I'm thinking of getting that Medicom 12" Black Spidey, but I don't know, it's pretty expensive. Does anyone out there own it? If so, would they recommend it as a worthy purchase?

@Spidey@ I AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO HERE THIS BUT I STILL DONT THINK IT IS OFFICIAL.

HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH THEM AND I DIDENT EVEN SAW THEM.

-GREEN GOBLIN AND OCK AGAIN? WHY WHY WHY? I GOT THEM IN 5INSH JUST TO GET ALL THE SPIDEY MOVIE VILLAINS

-WHERE IS GWEN AND EDDIE?

-PURPLE VENOM? AGAIN, WHAT THE?

-SANDMAN LOOKS LIKE SANDMAN AND NOT LIKE THOMAS HADEN CHURCH?

-WHY PUT IT IN THE LEGENDS LINE?

-WHO IS THE GUY THAT TAKES THE DECISSION AT HASBRO? MAN CHANGE YOUR JOB @smilepunch@

Why would they post extensive reviews with no pics to back it up? Weird.

See that why im waiting for the pictures? This could just be some one missinterping the movie range and cuase they saw the movie though that the giant sand-man at the end was a build-em up idea. like i said before i'll wait but i;m not getting my hopes up.

I didn't say it was false. I simply state this is old news from a leaked retailer list that hit the net at the end of last year, so there is no new news here or any offical confirmation going on. These retailer lists leak all the time, the problem with reporting them as news is they often change cause they are preliminary to gauge retail support or get canceled before they go into production, then people seem to forget that these things were never truely confirmed in the first place and then get upset when they don't happen.