Marvel Legendary Heroes Wave 1 & 2 TRU.com

Kill Solo

There's a bunch of errors on the page and the pictures aren't very good. They say wave 2 comes out in Aug and wave 1 in Oct. They show a pic of Judge Death for Judge Dredd. I also don't see any excersories. I hope Dredd at least comes with his gun.

yeah ransomz i was going to say the same thing about the errors.. this doesnt matter anyways for me at least, since ive had them on preorder for about 3 months now at another online store. i hope series 1 actually comes out in july like ive been hearing....

i hope series 1 actually comes out in july like ive been hearing....

Same here, I'm really eager to see how these figs turn out. Time to place my preorders... but what happened with the 2-packs? I thought they were supposed to come out between waves 1 and 2? I need my Conan and Devourer! @firedevil@

Is this an HML subline? if so, it looks pretty cool. I'm not familar with the characters though...

this line is actually made by marvel toys, formerly known as toy biz. each wave will have a build a figure. wave 1 will have the pitt and wave 2 will have monkeyman. the figures are based on charachters from other comic companies like dark horse, image, top cow and others. there will also be variants for both waves as well. can't remember which ones but check out www.bigbadtoystore.com for all the info.

I'm on-board with these. I feel compelled to buy them, in the hope that TOY-BIZ (ummm...'scuse me..."MARVEL TOYS") can one day win back the Marvel Legends license.

They're pretty cool, even though I'm not an IMAGE reader. Still, the license is wide-open for all kinds of cool characters, including some Golden-Age Pulp greats like DOC SAVAGE and THE SHADOW, who've previously had books at IMAGE.

And don't forget about SUPREME, and ASTRO-CITY (althoughh I'm not sure if Busiek is publishing A-C through IMAGE anymore...)

BUT...where's the CONAN?!?!? That was my promary "fig-of-interest"!

:angry: I DONT GET IT. TOYBIZ IS NOW CALLED MARVEL TOYS. MARVEL TOYS STILL BELONGS TO MARVEL COMICS. SO WHY IN THE FROZEN HELL ARENT MARVEL TOYS DOING THE MARVEL LEGENDS FIGURES AND MOVIE FIGURES IN 6INSH AND 12INSH SCALE. HASBRO CAN STILL DO THE 1,2,3,4 INSH LINE AND WHATEVER SCALE THEY WANT. IS IT SO HARD TO GET THE 6INSH BACK TO MARVEL TOYS. :angry:

Well, as I heard it, TB was losing money since wave 6 on the Marvel Legends line. This was due to several reasons, like the massive screw-ups by Toy Biz International (which is a seperate company than TB), which included losing molds, and scraping entire production runs due to inferior materials, among others.

Enter Hasbro. They buy the license for ML and thus TB (or if you prefer, Marvel Toys) now has income to pursue other lines and try to regain their profit margins.

So although now they no longer have ML, TB has the capitol to license single characters from independant creators, which is cheaper than licenseing an entire universe from another publisher.

Starman

• 1 month later...

Man...I'm strictly a Star Wars kinda guy, but I'm tempted to get a few of these. I'm pretty sure they'd never do one, mainly due to the insane amount of detailing that would be involved, but I'd love to see them do a Brass figure. It was an Image mini-series (two actually) about this guy that could transform into this huge anime-looking alien war machine, just bristling with wings, fins, and weapons galore.

Ooh...it'd be awesome if they did a WildC.A.T.s set as well. I'm seeing all kinds of potential for this line...