Fabric/Cloth on your ML?

pastwatch2001

Fabric/Cloth on your ML  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like cloth capes/coats on your ML figs?

• Yea
    • Nay
    • Only rarely... I want an ML collection, not a Barbie/Ken collection
  2. 2. If you don't mind cloth, how do you want it utilized?

• As part of the basic costume, such as pants and coat only as appropriate
    • As long as it looks cool, they can make the entire costume that way just like the SDCC figs
    • As wings, capes or other costume detail ONLY
  3. 3. What material do you prefer the 'cloth' to be in?

• Heavy fabric
    • Nylon
    • Pleather
    • Other

Obviously started by Hasbro's SDCC releases. Let the 'Cloth on ML figs' debate continue.

How many fans of the She-Hulk in her civvies figure? Do you think Hasbro should explore this way of giving us civilian identities for our favorite heroes and villains?

Personally I think it is NEAT of hasbro to try something different like this & you can all stop freaking out about them doing it in the regular line up... Cloth stuf costs more than the plastic them selfs so we won't see it much if at all in the line ups! :P TWO THUMBS UP for hasbro for being creative & different on there exclusives!!

no cloth. no no no no. As Tommy said - awkward and oversized. Doesn't look good at all.

No... Unless they can have it fit perfectly instead of making it look like a bathrobe.

I generally think it looks odd with the plastic, but in a few cases it probably would've been better to use it anyway. Specifically I'm thinking of Dr. Strange's cape and the Mandarin's robes. Both of those figures are pretty much stuck in one pose because of how badly the plastic limits movement. Cloth would've been a lot better for those guys.

It's strange to say but I think the plastic clothes look more natural than the cloth ones.

I say yes to capes and coats. That's about it. It looks nice on certain things like Sideshow and Mego/Famous Covers. Other than that it usually looks really baggy. Unless they're supposed to have really baggy clothing I say no to stuff like pants and shirts but yes to things like coats and capes.

I will buy She-Hulk but she will be displayed in the FF outfit, and Stan Lee I won't buy because I don't like the cloth on action figures, this is why I stayed away from the Rocky figures.

marvel select Dr. Doom has the perfect plastic cape, that should be the standard. It is thin enough to allow movement and looks natural

I'm with those who like cloth capes or robes on figures, at least of a lighter fabric that isn't too thick or baggy. I also agree that a cloth cape for Dr. Strange and a cloth robe for Mandarin would have been a better choice, in this case the plastic really hindered movement on the figures. Despite these two figures, the plastic capes work well on MLs.

I think fabric could only be used in capes and jackets. The ML Gambit wouldn't work at all if he had a plastic cape. And the FA Storm that's supposedly in HML4 wouldn't work so well with a plastic cape. Her cape's connected to her hands and over her shoulders to her neck. The rubber would only allow one basic flying pose. The fabric would fall better and look more natural for that particular figure and wouldn't constrict shoulder movement.

storm.jpg

I wouldn't mind having the cloth stuff for the civilian looks as long as they were fitted better and not so loose and baggy. Also cloth cape on Strange and robe on Mandarin would have been better choices. Hope FA Storm's cape is cloth too, cause plastic would just hinder her movments to much.

I'm with those who like cloth capes or robes on figures, at least of a lighter fabric that isn't too thick or baggy. I also agree that a cloth cape for Dr. Strange and a cloth robe for Mandarin would have been a better choice, in this case the plastic really hindered movement on the figures. Despite these two figures, the plastic capes work well on MLs.

Yea, I agree with this too.

Gambit and Blade's cloth coats work just fine, but vinyl capes do not always work.

Molding in the right drape makes the cpae look good in a standing pose, but for sitting down, its restrictive.

Characters like Thor, Doc Strange, Doc Doom, Mandarin are limited quite a bit by their capes, and none of them are cloth.

Whole cloth outfits at this scale don't always work as well as they do in larger scales, so I'd rather see selective use of soft goods on 1/12th scale figures.

I do not like "real hair" or clothes on action figures at all. Sculpted is the way to keep it. The only exception to this is Rogue and Gambit's pleather coats from the box set and maybe Beast's labcoat (still not sold on that one though).