Joerhyno and Miarama's C4 Adventures...

JoeRhyno

Just thought I'd start a thread of pics I took while I was there. there'll be no official order of them.. just random chaos, cause right now, that's about how my life is, lol.. my living room is filled.. and I mean FILLED with crap, so here and there I'll resize some of the pics and post them with a little story or so. or just post a million pics of some scantly clad hotties(to be honest.. I barely have any pics of bikini Leias... :o ).. so.. here's a couple.. then I have to sort through the Heap in the living room...

Here we are, freshly checked into the Hotel room, we were about to make our first trek to Will Call and get the rest of our goodies and our volunteer badges and shirt...

JoeMIA.jpg

Here's the first shot we saw of the Convention Center...

PICS003.jpg

Sunny [Arnold]CAL-E-FORNIA[/Arnold] and all...

Pimpin' at Starbucks... :o

pimpJEDI.jpg

Here's a sweet guy(actually, I think it was a girl) dressed up as a sweet, SWEET Samurai Trooper

samTROOP.jpg

Here we are on Sat, we volunteered to sit with the Stars and help them with the autographs and coupons and pictures and such.. on Sat, the wifey and I got to sit with Orli Shoshan who played Shaak Ti.. one of the nicest people I've ever met, you'd think someone like her, a former model would have had her nose up in the air, but she was real nice, too nice.. took more pictures with fans than sold autographs... lol.. but ayway... here she is.. mashed together in a Joemia sandwich...

JoeMIAorly.jpg

On Sunday, I got to sit with Watto, he was awesome too, lol. and my wife sat with Daniel Logan.. who was kind of a jerk.. he was too caught up in himself and being a "celebrity" I swear, the 4 hours my wife was with him, I think he missed out on 50-100 autographs cause he was running around and mackin' on all the Jedi Hotties...so we didn't even bother taking a picture with him, lol.. I'll have to upload the Watto one later, it's on the... OTHER camera...

One of the days, the Wifey and I were waiting in a hall for my buddy and this guy comes up to me, and says "Nice shirt".. I was wearing my Videogameslive shirt.. I was like, thanks, and thought it was funny that someone noticed it.. and then did a double take and it was none other than...Tommy Tallarico THE man himself, he's a videogame composer, and the man that got VGL rolling and is behind it... so if it comes your way and you love VG music, make sure you see it... again, I look goofy in the pic, cause he thought my wife was recording a video(we have one of those camcorder/digi-cams) and he was telling her how he saw the shirt and liked it.. and I was mouthing to him that she was taking a pic, not a video, lol.. so I pointed to here and then put my hand down and that's when she snapped it.. so I'm not trying to look all huge next to him, lol.. even though, he's a tiny man as it is...

joeTOMMY.jpg

Here I am getting ready for the next day... wait.. what's that? I can't do what???

joeCAMP.jpg

Lastly, for now... here's 2 pics.. there was a HUGE diorama set up where they built an endor forest.. you could help with the AT-AT/shuttle platform, or build a tree, huts, or paint your own Ewok, lol.. so we decided to paint our own ewoks.. I was kinda pissed at the end cause they lost my wife's Ewok, which was her very first custom.. :( she schulpted the headdress and belt all by herself..and painted it and everything... as did I, but I was more excited with hers cause it was her first custom...

joeCUSTOM.jpg

and here's our Hubby and Wifey Ewoks...

JoeMIAewoks.jpg

WELL... that's it for now, I have to meet up with a local collector or two.. and then I'm gonna attack the living room and put some stuff away.. I'll post more pics later tonight.. here and there... so stay tuned...

-Joe

Here's some more pics...

First off we have a nice Snow Bunny costumer... settle down guys...she's dead remember... @puke@

snowBUNNY.jpg

Here's the first guy to purchase the Exclusive Boba Fett Maquette at the convention...

1stBOBA.jpg

And here's the second guy.. and there's a funny story about this picture... while we were in line.. a fellow Rebelscummer leaned over and told me that the guy in front of them, they let cut in line and stay there cause "HE WAS BOBA FETT" THE BOBA FETT, DANIEL LOGAN!!!! I thought that was cool, so when he purchased his, I asked if I could take a pic.. a picture of Boba, buying boba!!! Then I noticed the guy he was with, from some mexican 501st garrison, or fanclub, he had all these patches and logos on his shirt about his mexican fan club with flags all over it and all.. so I was like... "Are you sure???" adn I was told it was him.. so I thought.. man.. that'll be a cool picture to post later on the boards...

So the next day, we're in line for Carrie Fisher, and I see the same buff guy.. then I'm thinking.. waaaait a min.. why would Daniel Logan need to wait in line for Carrie Fisher... lol.. then the next day, we're volunteering for official pix.. and who strolls by our table??? Daniel Logan... lol.. the REAL DANIEL LOGAN!!!!

So the guy in this picture is NOT Daniel Logan... @hmmm@ he's just some buff, mexican fan.. that got lucky and was in the right place at the right time...

NOTboba.jpg

Next we have a sneak peek into the Hasbrotoyshop booth.. I thought the pic was better, but inside were cases of lukes and vintage sets stacked to the ceiling...

peekAluke.jpg

and the set up wasn't too shabby.. lets just say, they didn't have a problem clearing that out.. the first day it was a limit of 6 Lukes... and by sunday, I think it was dropped back to limit of 2...lol...

luuuukes.jpg

Here we have the security keeping all the fans out on wednesday... If I ran fast enough.. I think I could actually jump over the trooper on the left.. lol

DOnotENTER.jpg

Here's one of the pics that we took sight seeing, I know you dont want to see a million pics of the mountains and skyline.. but I thought this was appropriate...

HolFEET.jpg

Here we are at the Fanclub Breakfast.. a whopping $70 for a weak serving of cold eggs, rubbery bacon, sour OJ... but the good part was the goodie bag, the figure.. and the people there.. that alone was worth it... oh.. and this kind fellow that wanted a picture with me and my wife...

JoeMIAjay.jpg

Here's a pic of the table set up...

breakTABLE.jpg

I posted this before in another thread for someone.. BUTT.. here's a pic of a Tie Hottie and her friend...

JoeHOTtie.jpg

Here's a pic of the Ultimate Group Project's Diorama.. I have some up close pics, of my fav scenes.. I'll post those later.. it's a large diorama built by a bunch of customizers from Rebelscum... JediDefender, Yakface.. and a couple others... anyway.. all the figures(about 300) were customs form different members.. all but the troopers/guards/imperials that were in the dio.. all buildings were handmade and vehicles were customized(all but the AT-AT and the Shuttle).. it was a site to see and always had a croud of 10-20+ people around.. and at the end of the convention, they raffled almost everything off.. I'll steal a pic someone posted later, but it looked like it was a mad house!!!

UGP.jpg

Here's one of this HUGE banner they had in a hallway... I wonder where Steve Sansweet is gonna put it... @loll@

JoeBANNER.jpg

Hasbrotoyshop had this on the side of their booth, as impressive as all the Fett costumes are, nothing beats the Real Deal...

fettCARB.jpg

okay.. well.. maybe some get close... @hmmm@

FEMando.jpg

Here was a cool trooper that almost has a cult following.. Gentle Giant even made a Bust of him to raffle off to charity.. I thought that was cool.. Im glad he made it to C4 too, he was a blast at C3, I just wish the Captain Jack Sparrow Trooper made it too, but I didn't see him there...

elvisTROOP.jpg

Cool stuff joe you are lucky you're wife puts up with you though :P

Whats that?.. You're a mod now?.. EEK! RUNS!

Can't wait to see more pics man & that samurai stormie was freaking cool we so need figures like that haha!

THey should do some kinda japanese animated version of starwars and have all japanese type looking starwars stuff.... Think of the $$$ they could make :D PS no camping LOL! Did you have any con goons come up to you while you were taking that pic?.. Oh wait you are a con goon :P How was it helping out at the con?.. What made you decide to try that out? Did you find you enjoyed it/had as much fun as you would have not helping?.. Personally I am allways too busy at cons running around trying to find the booths & waiting in line for autographs :P

My wife originally volunteered and when the person in charge pleaded for people to volunteer cause they were probably gonna be understaffed, I asked her to contact her and ask if there was a position where I could sit, cause of my arthritis.. If I could.. then I would volunteer, but if I had to say, stand next to the table for 4 hours(how long out shifts were).. then I wouldn't have..

Being my first experience volunteering for them.. I have to say it was a lot of fun.. Orli, was a shy girl, we had to intercept people if they wanted an interview, cause she didn't like that.. but she was real friendly.. she would get up if people wanted to take a pic with her, step out from behind the table, or have them come back and take the pic.. the only problem I had was that it was real slow and I didn't like the lay out, if it was done better, I think they would have had more people come in.. but instead, besides the big names... all you saw were these real tall blue tarps.. and I think that hurt them(the actors that were signing) a lot...

There were many times that we were just sitting there cause there weren't any people coming up.. so if anything, that was really the only down side...

You have to remember, there was 5 days of the convention, so there was plenty... PLENTY of time to do almost everything you wanted to.. and even go sight seeing... I'm reading a lot of complaints out there.. and I really think it's cause of the people not being prepared... we volunteered 8 hours each, my friend volunteered 16 hours.. we also sat with an artist on sunday for pretty much 6 hours so he could get some stuff done and we found plenty of time to do stuff.. I think what really helped this year was the Fan Club DAY, last couple Celebrations, they had an extra hour to get it if you were a FC member.. but that didn't really help.. cause by the time you waited in line, the hour was up and everyone else was in.. this time.. you walked in on that first day and you were good to go!

The camping thing was just a joke.. we didn't wait in line like that, although, there was a mile long line to get into the convention hall every morning, we got let in "the back door" with our volunteer badge and waited in a different line... @hmmm@

Bring on C5!!!!

cool seems like u had lots of fun

Very nice so far. Wish I could have been there. I miss the days when I could drive 3 miles and be at Celebration 2 and 3.

Can't wait to see the rest of the pics!

That figure display is something to drool over.

So how's Captain Typho in person? Looks like a charming gent.

Jay Laga'aia(Captain Typho) is one awesome guy.. not only does he do things like host shows for the convention, he does stuff like sit in at the fanclub breakfasts and even geeks out and dresses up in his costume here and there...

jaytypho.jpg

he was hosting a meet and greet with Carrie Fisher here, lol..

He came out to introduce her in his Typho costume, thought that was cool...

Sorry for the Dark pic, we weren't able to take flash photography so I took one of the large screen they had set up.

• 2 weeks later...