Most wanted POA on Hasbro ML?

pastwatch2001

OK so we know Hasbro needs to improve their paint apps and get some washes going on their figs.

But what about articulation? I doubt they will ever add all the same POA ToyBiz had plus they do need to carve out their own identity on this line of figures. But if they could add one or two more joints on a figure what would it be? What POA do you feel their figs needs the most?

I'm one of the few (I think...) who isn't bothered by HASBRO's decision to slightly minimize the articulation on LEGENDS.

I actually thought TOY-BIZ overdid it with articulation. The effort was appreciated, but the execution was often poor. Some of the joints, especially in the female figs, were way too flimsy, and were easily busted.

Paint-apps, however, is another story. HASBRO is not doing a good job here. Their figures, while sturdier, lack a certain realism that TOY-BIZ put into the Legends line. HASBRO's figures seem, for lack of a better word, "flat". If you look at the 2-up figs for HML 2 that were first shown at SDCC in '06 (and presumably prepared by TOY-BIZ), the better paint-apps make them much more appealing.

I'd be surprised if HASBRO didn't adjust the quality of their paint-apps on LEGENDS, as surely this is an oft-heard complaint.

Articulation may be another story.

I actually thought TOY-BIZ overdid it with articulation. The effort was appreciated, but the execution was often poor. Some of the joints, especially in the female figs, were way too flimsy, and were easily busted.

I have to agree with you on this point. The thinner, female ML figs by Toy Biz really suffered from all the joints incorporated into the sculpt. Just compare Hasbro's She-Hulk with any of Toy Biz's femme fatales. I almost wish they would redo Spider-Woman because of it.

It seemed to me the ToyBiz articulation was getting just right when Hasbro took over with the adding of the ankle bit... As it is, what I would like to see back from Hasbro is hand articulation - not al the fingures, that's a little overkill (except Spidey), but being able to form either a fist or open hand just appeals to me.

More importantly though would be the abdomen - but they deem to be half and half on including that, whereas hand articulation seems to have almost completly dissapeared.

Definately the ankle articulation for me. Without much of that it's hard to get them in good, stable poses.

The set of fingers that move to either form a closed or open hand was nice, too.

For me, it's kind of a mixed feeling. While Toybiz has a lot of washes and paint applied. The paints are often sloppy and have bad QC. Hasbro ML have less paint and more mold color plastic but the paint are mostly clean.

If you'r not satisfied with the plain colors u can always paint it urself.

Look, it's simple.

We need:

the ML style neck

ball-jointed shoulders

upper arm swivel

double elbows in some cases

pec joints in some cases ( Spidey, Quicksilver, etc)

wrist

some kind of finger posing

mid torso joint

waist

ball-jointed hips

double knees

and the cool TB style ankles

mid foot, multi finger, and calf articulation weren't necessary for most figures though.

Starman

FINGERS!!! i liked when figs had individual joints!!! and those new elbow joints in HML suck!

the Points of Movements that I want:

proper hip ball joints:

the best ones are those on Spider-Man, Moon Knight, Wonder-Man, ML-9 cyclops, etc

the stuf Hasbor has now causes you to fight to pose a figure

Also, bring back the hand hinge.

Some figures have them, but unless your fully formed hand is necessary like Thor, a hinge to form a fist would be nice.

Imagine the She-Hulk if she had one.

The thing that makes ML unique and trend setting is the high level of articulation. I definitely loved the individualize fingers and miss them. They are a way cool articulation. I just wish my Dr. Strange had them. I looked at doing a hand swap but his wrist joint seemed to be the opposite of most figures. Waists are also really important. I hope Hasbro doesn't skip that anymore. And the double jointed elbow. These guys need the range of motion.

mid foot, multi finger, and calf articulation weren't necessary for most figures though.

Starman

I'd say that's pretty spot on as to which ones I don't care about. The others I think are quite vital.

I could do without most of the articulation simply because it takes away from the figure,ie: look at warbird she is way too long which is not apealing to me, look at abominations ball joints in his hips (if you even want to call them hips) simply not apealing so you get my picture. Do away with most of them.

My figures stay in the packages but when I collected 5 inch figures \I took them out of the package and like all figures as time goes by the joints get loose anyways, so do away I say!