TIME TO PUT "LEGENDS" BACK IN MARVEL LEGENDS!

OWENSIXX

NOW I KNOW TOY BIZ WASN'T PERFECT, BUT SLOWLY BUT SURELY THEY WOULD'VE RELEASED ALL THE IMPORTANT CHARACTERS IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE. HASBRO? THEY DON'T EVEN CARE! MOVIE FIGURES? PLANET HULK? XORN? WHAT'S LEGENDARY ABOUT THAT? HERE'S A LIST OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD OF SOME OF THE IMPORTANT CHARACTERS THAT NEED TO BE MADE:

ADAM WARLOCK, QUASAR, DAZZLER, BARON ZEMO(HELMUT-1973-2000'S VERSION), MOLE MAN, DORMAMMU, BLACK CAT(BOX SET DIDN'T CUT IT), MANDARIN IN LATE 80'S ARMOR, HIGH EVOLUTIONARY, RED SKULL IN WHITE TUX, BEETLE(80'S VERSION), TITANIUMMAN MAN, FORGE, NAMOR(GREEN TRUNKS), SILVER SABLE, JUBILEE, USAgent, FING FANG FOOM(BUILD A FIGURE), CHAMELEON, TOMBSTONE, GRIM REAPER, ULIK, SAURON, BARON MORDO, CANNONBALL, DOMINO, SUNFIRE, SHATTERSTAR, WARPATH, BLAZE, NOVA, JEAN GREY(ANY VERSION, NOT PHOENIX), THE ROSE, TERRAX.

I KNOW THERE IS MORE BUT THAT'S ALL THE ESSENTIAL ONES I CAN THINK OF RIGHT NOW. HOPEFULLY I'D HAVE TO WAIT 10 YEARS TO SEE THESE MADE.

a short list of true Marvel Legends that should be made:

Heroes Villains

Guardian (Alpha Flight) Sebastian Shaw

Nova (Annihilation armor) Deathbird

Stingray Radioactive Man

Union Jack Baron Blood

Sunfire Grey Gargoyle

Warpath Terrax

Nighthawk Crossbones

Snowbird Silvermane (cyborg)

Pulsar Whirlwind

Penance Moonstone

BAF:

Wendigo

Zzzax

Ulik

Bi-Beast

Fin Fang Foom

The Watcher

Hasbro isn't going to cater to the collectors. They may release the more obscure character from time to time, but that's it. The name of the game is making money for them, and the best way to do that is to stick mostly with figs that are more recognizible to a wider range of people.

The characters lesser known to kids will have a tough time making the cut for ML. Hasbro has always placed the kids first no matter how collector dominated a line may be, to them it will always be about putting out more kid friendly choices first.

Even if ML has been more supported by collectors in the past. Instead of embracing that like TB did, Hasbro won't settle for that. They'll do what they can to try and get the kids back into them more.

Of course, I believe if Hasbro hopes for the ML line to contiunue then at some point they're going to have to be more friendly to the collectors. HML series 1 initially did really well but then quickly died. While I do think they'll continue to get better, it sure wouldn't hurt Hasbro to rethink their strategy. Cuz if future series end up clogging pegs the way series 1 is then Legends may become a thing of the past sooner than most of us would like.

YES I AM ALSO WORRIED ABOUT THE MARVEL LEGENDS LINE BEING CANCELED OR SCALED BACK. WHAT KIDS WANT TO BUY THESE CHARACTERS? XORN? WHO THE HELL IS XORN, HE'S NOT MAINSTREAM. SHE HULK, QUICKSILVER AND HERCULES(I'LL ALSO ACCEPT THE NEW THOR) ARE THE ONLY IMPORTANT FIGURES HASBRO'S MADE. I KNOW THE LAST FEW TOY BIZ WAVES WERE KINDA WEAK TOO, BUT THAT WAS PROBABLY DUE TO THE FACT THEY KNEW THEY WERE LOSING THE LICENSE TO HASBRO. ALSO, SOMETHING I HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD WAS HOW CAN TOY BIZ LOSE THE LICENSE WHEN MARVEL OWNS TOY BIZ? THEY'RE THE SAME COMPANY!

YES I AM ALSO WORRIED ABOUT THE MARVEL LEGENDS LINE BEING CANCELED OR SCALED BACK. WHAT KIDS WANT TO BUY THESE CHARACTERS? XORN? WHO THE HELL IS XORN, HE'S NOT MAINSTREAM. SHE HULK, QUICKSILVER AND HERCULES(I'LL ALSO ACCEPT THE NEW THOR) ARE THE ONLY IMPORTANT FIGURES HASBRO'S MADE.

Both Toybiz and Marvel acknowledged that Marvel Legends is primarily a collector-driven line. Some kids are into it, yes, but the predominant consumer are adult-aged collectors.

Very vew kids these days are reading comics to begin so the associations to any but the very to-tier characters is going to be limited.

Yes, Xorn is not well known at all with kids, but he is more on the radar of adult readers.

Remember, Marvel claims a roster of 5000 trademarked characters--Marvel Legends has only gone some 19-20-ish waves with an average of about 6-7 characters per wave. That's around 140-150 characters of out the 5000. They've barely scratched the surface, even after all this time and all those waves.

I KNOW THE LAST FEW TOY BIZ WAVES WERE KINDA WEAK TOO, BUT THAT WAS PROBABLY DUE TO THE FACT THEY KNEW THEY WERE LOSING THE LICENSE TO HASBRO. ALSO, SOMETHING I HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD WAS HOW CAN TOY BIZ LOSE THE LICENSE WHEN MARVEL OWNS TOY BIZ? THEY'RE THE SAME COMPANY!

Toybiz didn't lose the license so much as they and Marvel sold it to Hasbro. Let's face it, aside from Marvel Legends what other prominent Marvel related product was Toybiz doing?

Anyone?

Toybiz BOUGHT marvel at one point, iirc, sometime around the bankruptcy--and then later reversed that move, with Marvel buying out Toybiz's share one they were on stable financial ground again.

In recent years, it became apparent that Toybiz wasn't able to fully serve Marvel.

Toybiz simply didn't have the infrastructure and available marketing systems to exploit the Marvel license the way the parent company wanted. Hasbro has these systems in place. Because Hasbro owns a sizable number of trademark brands on their own, they can piggyback Marvel product with their own, hence; Mr. Potato Head, Transformers, Attackix ( sp?) etc.

That increases the amount of face-time Marvel characters get with the consumer because there's so many different ways to put product in front of consumers now.

Marvel was very savvy in making this move, and handing the license to Hasbro--it stands to make them a very prominent overall entertainment brand for a long time to come.

Hey, they could have given the license to Mattel.........<cough, cough>.......

I agree, it's in Hasbro's best interest to produce figures that people will recognize. Sure Xorn might not be recognized widely, but it's a pretty recent character that will probably sell due to his fairly recent run in the comics. I'd love to see a Silver Samuri or a Forge figure in the lines, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think Silver Samurai is a very likely character, simply because he's so visually striking.

That kind of thing will always help a character get made, as opposed to something bland like a Wyatt Wingfoot or Rick Jones.

Looks play a BIG part in the selection process. Someone like Klaw might be more visually appealing, than Hyperion, for example. Klaw just looks........weirder, and less normal. That is why I think a character like Danger was picked, because they look so different.

OH YA I FORGOT TO ADD DRAX THE DESTROYER, SILVER SAMURAI, GUARDIAN, STRYFE, BLOODSCREAM AND ROUGHHOUSE! I'M OLD SCHOOL SO THAT'S WHY I DON'T KNOW WHO XORN IS, OR CARE TO KNOW! I MISS THE DAYS OF THE X-MEN LINE THAT STARTED IN 91' WHERE THEY PUT OUT AN ONSLAUGHT OF OBSCURE CHARACTERS. I KNOW LOTS OF THEM WERE NOT NEEDED OR WORTHY OF THE PLASTIC TREATMENT, BUT TOYBIZ MADE EM' ANYWAY!

Sorry, didn't you hear? Hasbro isn't giving us any of those characters until they finish making all the X3 characters. The only comics accurate figures coming are way in the next few waves are new versions of Hulk, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Wolverine. :P

Now I hate Hasbro as much as the next guy for destroying the Marvel Legends toyline, but you can't say that they have been ignoring legedary characters. How long did Toybiz go without making She-Hulk, Banshee, Blob, and Quicksilver? Hasbro made them at the beginning. We are getting our first Bucky and Black Knight as well, first Brood Queen, first Rachel Summers, first Yellowjacket, etc.

A few X3 figures here and there is really a ridicuoulous complaint against Hasbro. TB relaesed movie figures in the main line too, they aren't the majority of figures. I'm sure all these guys will be made sooner or later if the Marvel Legends franchise isn't cancelled soon, which it may be.

Hasbro has ruined the paint jobs, dumbed down the articulation, cheaped out on sculpt, done awful for distribution, and raised the price point significantly, but the one thing about ML that they did not totally f*** up is the character selection.

But...but...Hasbro has been putting out over a gazillion characters for like the past two decades! From Transformers to Star Wars. We have figures of people just standing around doing nothing for pity's sake!!!

Marvel has roughly 5000 characters. Joe Q...as much as he is hated, wants Marvel to have fans for every property, Like Disney! Hasbro has mass production of "Boy's Toys" down to science, make sense to me!!

I prefer that they're working the kinks out on a sub-standard list of Characters rather than the essential one I want...NO, NEED AS A COLLECTOR! She-Hulk, Banshee, Yellowjacket, and X3 Juggernaut are the on the growing list for my faith for this line!!!

Now if only we could get them to concede on the price and articulation issues?

I was gonna say, I'd love a Silver Samurai to be made. And knowing what Hasbro did with the Ult.Ironman, they'll probably give him chrome armour (which I'd be really happy with. He wouldn't look as impressive if he was just 'plain' silver :P)

@jason@

YES I AM ALSO WORRIED ABOUT THE MARVEL LEGENDS LINE BEING CANCELED OR SCALED BACK. WHAT KIDS WANT TO BUY THESE CHARACTERS? XORN? WHO THE HELL IS XORN, HE'S NOT MAINSTREAM. SHE HULK, QUICKSILVER AND HERCULES(I'LL ALSO ACCEPT THE NEW THOR) ARE THE ONLY IMPORTANT FIGURES HASBRO'S MADE.

Both Toybiz and Marvel acknowledged that Marvel Legends is primarily a collector-driven line. Some kids are into it, yes, but the predominant consumer are adult-aged collectors.

Very vew kids these days are reading comics to begin so the associations to any but the very to-tier characters is going to be limited.

Yes, Xorn is not well known at all with kids, but he is more on the radar of adult readers.

Remember, Marvel claims a roster of 5000 trademarked characters--Marvel Legends has only gone some 19-20-ish waves with an average of about 6-7 characters per wave. That's around 140-150 characters of out the 5000. They've barely scratched the surface, even after all this time and all those waves.

I KNOW THE LAST FEW TOY BIZ WAVES WERE KINDA WEAK TOO, BUT THAT WAS PROBABLY DUE TO THE FACT THEY KNEW THEY WERE LOSING THE LICENSE TO HASBRO. ALSO, SOMETHING I HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD WAS HOW CAN TOY BIZ LOSE THE LICENSE WHEN MARVEL OWNS TOY BIZ? THEY'RE THE SAME COMPANY!

Toybiz didn't lose the license so much as they and Marvel sold it to Hasbro. Let's face it, aside from Marvel Legends what other prominent Marvel related product was Toybiz doing?

Anyone?

Toybiz BOUGHT marvel at one point, iirc, sometime around the bankruptcy--and then later reversed that move, with Marvel buying out Toybiz's share one they were on stable financial ground again.

In recent years, it became apparent that Toybiz wasn't able to fully serve Marvel.

Toybiz simply didn't have the infrastructure and available marketing systems to exploit the Marvel license the way the parent company wanted. Hasbro has these systems in place. Because Hasbro owns a sizable number of trademark brands on their own, they can piggyback Marvel product with their own, hence; Mr. Potato Head, Transformers, Attackix ( sp?) etc.

That increases the amount of face-time Marvel characters get with the consumer because there's so many different ways to put product in front of consumers now.

Marvel was very savvy in making this move, and handing the license to Hasbro--it stands to make them a very prominent overall entertainment brand for a long time to come.

Hey, they could have given the license to Mattel.........<cough, cough>.......

The only thing is Hasbro more worry about their other toy lines{StarWars,GI Joe} that their not getting out to the stores like toybiz did.I have not been able to find any of wave 2 around where i live. Even the guys at Toy Are Us say they haven,t seen any.With toy biz I never had any trouble finding them.I found 10 of my 14 variants at the Wal-Mart 7 miles form my house.It took me forever to find wave one. HAS FAR AS LEGENDS I love to see Jack Of Hearts,Grimreaper,Citizen V,Executioner,Kang,Swordsman,Hellcat,Thunderstike with a BAF of Black Goliath. Not only are they all Legends thier all dead making them truely LEGENDS.

The only thing is Hasbro more worry about their other toy lines{StarWars,GI Joe} that their not getting out to the stores like toybiz did.I have not been able to find any of wave 2 around where i live. Even the guys at Toy Are Us say they haven,t seen any.With toy biz I never had any trouble finding them.I found 10 of my 14 variants at the Wal-Mart 7 miles form my house.It took me forever to find wave one. HAS FAR AS LEGENDS I love to see Jack Of Hearts,Grimreaper,Citizen V,Executioner,Kang,Swordsman,Hellcat,Thunderstike with a BAF of Black Goliath. Not only are they all Legends thier all dead making them truely LEGENDS.

I'm not sure where you are at, but by and large, Hasbro Marvel Legends have actually been more readily available than ToyBiz's. The big change is...Hasbro can keep up with demand.

In the past, a store might get 4 cases of a wave, sell them out, and not get any for another 3 months. Last Christmas, my Walmart store got THREE cases of the Sentinal wave, and one Onslaught case, in November. We never got any of the last two waves. Hasbro can actually keep up with the demand for this line, the problem is, from my view, that stores haven't adjusted to this change. So we're seeing pegs upon pegs of Banshee, White Queen, Hercules and X3 Beast. Hell, the best selling Hasbro ML thus far has been a damn IRON MAN variant!

I'm not sure where you are at, but by and large, Hasbro Marvel Legends have actually been more readily available than ToyBiz's. The big change is...Hasbro can keep up with demand.

In the past, a store might get 4 cases of a wave, sell them out, and not get any for another 3 months. Last Christmas, my Walmart store got THREE cases of the Sentinal wave, and one Onslaught case, in November. We never got any of the last two waves. Hasbro can actually keep up with the demand for this line, the problem is, from my view, that stores haven't adjusted to this change. So we're seeing pegs upon pegs of Banshee, White Queen, Hercules and X3 Beast. Hell, the best selling Hasbro ML thus far has been a damn IRON MAN variant!

it is not that hasbro can keep up with the demand. sure it is a good thing. the reason toy biz could not is because there product was in high demand more so than other super hero lines. this is why they sold out everywhere. in my area we had multiple cases of all waves so there was never a time where there were none for months at a time.

no one can really say that stores have not adjusted to this line. the real reason we see pegs full of marvel legends series 1 is because hasbro has ruined the quality of this line and collectors realize this. they don't put the articulation in like they should, there is no paint wash to them at all, they do not include the comic anymore, and most important above all is the fact that they raised the price. at least when toybiz did them they had all these things and still was able to keep the price down. hasbro can produce all they want and they will continue to sit on the shelves with no hope of new ones showing up, not to mention they will bring the value down. this is another reason why toybiz could not meet the high demand is because they did not want to see there product sit around on the shelves and causing stores not to order any from them.

as far as putting legends back in the line, i am all for it. after all this line is called marvel legends. some of the legends i would like to see would be thanos, firelord, terrax, blastarr, any of the inhumans, silver sable, boomerang, cardiac, tombstone, adam warlock, nova, super nova, and enchantress. some of the build a figures i would like to see are lockjaw, ego, high evolutionary, and the beyonder.

Heroes Villains

Stingray Radioactive Man

Union Jack Baron Blood

Sunfire Grey Gargoyle

Warpath Terrax

Nighthawk Crossbones

Pulsar Whirlwind

Penance Moonstone

BAF:

Wendigo

Zzzax

Ulik

Bi-Beast

Fin Fang Foom

The Watcher

Here's what I think are Legends prospects :

Silver Samurai

Black Bolt

Dormammu (any version)

Odin (BAF) w/ variant costumes??

Cannonball

Onslaught (Initial Form)

Dragon Man (BAF-larger resculpt)

Terrax

Gateway

Post (BAF)

Spiral (with swords)

X-Man

Nimrod (BAF) variant (stealth)

Jean Grey (Jim Lee)

The Executioner

Super Adaptoid (BAF)

Polaris

Juggernaut (resculpt gorilla length arms)

Storm (1st Appearance)

Beta Ray Bill (Cyborg version)

Gladiator (Shiar)

Balder (Walt Simonson version) variant fat version

Jubilee

The Hand - Ninjas

Shield Agents

James Madrox - The Multiple Man

Heroes Villains

Stingray Radioactive Man

Union Jack Baron Blood

Sunfire Grey Gargoyle

Warpath Terrax

Nighthawk Crossbones

Pulsar Whirlwind

Penance Moonstone

BAF:

Wendigo

Zzzax

Ulik

Bi-Beast

Fin Fang Foom

The Watcher

Here's what I think are Legends prospects :

Silver Samurai

Black Bolt

Dormammu (any version)

Odin (BAF) w/ variant costumes??

Cannonball

Onslaught (Initial Form)

Dragon Man (BAF-larger resculpt)

Terrax

Gateway

Post (BAF)

Spiral (with swords)

X-Man

Nimrod (BAF) variant (stealth)

Jean Grey (Jim Lee)

The Executioner

Super Adaptoid (BAF)

Polaris

Juggernaut (resculpt gorilla length arms)

Storm (1st Appearance)

Beta Ray Bill (Cyborg version)

Gladiator (Shiar)

Balder (Walt Simonson version) variant fat version

Jubilee

The Hand - Ninjas

Shield Agents

James Madrox - The Multiple Man

Add:

Alpha Ray

Shang-Chi

The Wrecker

Absorbing Man with transforming variants

Spiderman - Ben Reilly costume

Doc Samson

Medusa

Original Xmen (First Appearance)

Fantomex

The Thing (resculpt), w/ variant costumes (incl Trenchcoat version)

Winter Soldier

Iron man classic golden armor (resculpt helmet-Series 1 sucks)

Rhino (massive resculpt)

Ares

Crystal

Mr. Hyde

Firelord

Black Cat (resculpt)

The Sub-Mariner with crown/cloak riding on a Giant SeaHorse

personally i would like to see an Adam Warlock.i thought that as great a character as he is that toybiz would make him now i'm hopeing that hasbro see's thier mistake and makes him into a figure.

I think Hasbro is fine, Chacrater selection is decent (She-hulk, Quicksilver, Yellowjacket, Banshee, Hercules) its the price, and paint application that get me. Sculpts aren't bad, some people who have just done repaints have turned them into decent figures. Anyways, Heres my "LEGENDS" list:

Polaris

Medusa

Crystal (Fantastic four and Avengers Varients)

Guardian

Jean Grey (Classic)

Storm (1st Appearance)

Gorgon

Blackbolt

Triton

Karnak

Northstar & Aurora

Namor (green trunks)

Black Cat (resculpt)

Nova

Fantasic Four (Rescupts)

I'm all for the idea of having true legends being implemented into the ML line. We all have our favorites though, whether well-known or more obscure, but I feel that the true Legends that have been left out of the mix are: Adam Warlock, Tigra, Crystal, Medusa, Blackbolt, Cable(classic X-Force version with more guns), Namor(green trunks), Gladiator, Ultron(classic look), The Black Cat, Rogue('90s or '80s look), Jean Grey, The Beast(Avengers look), Thanos, Dazzler, US Agent and Polaris. I can see Sauron, Lockjaw, and Nimrod appearing as BAFs in the line. If larger BAFs return, Fin Fang Foom would be a perfect choice as well.

yeah, I can't hate Hasbro for all their character picks... hell, they did do figures that I wanted Toybiz to do forever..

good choices, which I was waiting for a long time for Toybiz to do (which now I can't buy cause they suck):

Banshee

Hercules

Emma Frost

Quicksilver

She Hulk

some really bad choices:

X3 Beast

X3 Jean

X3 Juggernaught

the figures I want the most, that I am so pissed Toybiz never did:

Namor in green trunks

Blackbolt

Gladiator

THE ONE SINGLE I CHARACTER I CAN'T BELIEVE HASN'T BEEN MADE YET IS ADAM WARLOCK. DOES NOBODY AT MARVEL OR HASBRO REMEMBER THE INFINITY GAUNTLET? IT WAS THE BIGGEST CROSS PROMOTION EVENT TO DATE (YES I KNOW SECRET WARS CAME FIRST, BUT SECRET WARS WAS RATHER LAME) AND ADAM WARLOCK WAS THE GUY WHO CAME OUT AS "THE ONE". HE WAS NEW HOTTEST THING AROUND. THEY GAVE HIM THREE MONTHLY TITLES AFTER THAT (WARLOCK CHRONICLES, CRUSADE, WATCH AND THE INFINITY WAR MINI SERIES) HOW IS HE NOT IMPORTANT? PLUS HE'D MAKE A GOOD FIGURE. HELL EVEN HIS SKIN'S GOLD SO HE'S NOT DISCRIMINATIVE TO ANY RACE! HAHA.