STREET FIGHTER DAN FIGURE

venom915

Hey guys just got the new issue of toyfare, and saw that there offering a exclusive Street Fighter Dan figure. It looks pretty sweet and i never thought that sota would make a Dan figure any time soon, so did any of you guys know that Sota was gonna make this exclusive?, is it even by Sota? and if it is, is it in the Preview Revolution style figures or the older style Street Fighter figures Sota first maid? i would appreciate if you guys could help me, if you any info on this figure. For you guy that dont got that toyfare issue, the figure is already on the site at wizarduniverse.com, thanks guys!

Holy CRAP!!! this is amazing.. im not a fan of him being part of the preview line... which means hes as big as akuma, but i ve been wanting a dan forever now.. i hope they make variants too.. his colors were hilarious.. im ordering mine tonight!

btw thanks doom saber for the direct link.. i was having a hell of a time locating a pic for it too..

a few hours later: sent in my order now too...

So is this a Toyfare exclusive or SDCC exclusive? Toyfare exclusive means it's ok only right?

hmm..

Dan is one of my favourite SF characters and I've been waiting for him in figure form since SOTA started the Street Fighter line. I'm not sure if he will be using the same Akuma body but it would be better if he uses one of the old SF Ken/Ryu bodies to be more in scale. I have no problem with him being larger. It just depends on which art reference u use for default. I'm just hoping that he'll come with 2 heads and not just one like the Gouken exclusive.

I can really picture Dan's variants: Pink(Original), Orange(KOF Ryo spoof with "father" kanji) , Light blue.............

Best exclusive figure news so far.

Ordered mine a few days ago.

I saw this exclusive in Toyfare magazine at the beginning of this month, and immediately went to the Wizardworld website, only to find no link to order the Dan figure, for a couple of weeks nothing and then it just showed up.

I'm really excited for this figure, it should come with a variant crying head and different hands, for taunting poses.

no longer than we ve had to wait for SOTA to release series 5.... hell even darkstalkers has been countlessly delayed.. .and now is being pushed back almost if not exact same time as revolution... LAME.

looks cool, but those aren't p1 colors are they?

yes the pink dan is player 1 colors..

I just placed my order. I used to not like Dan at all, but after the comic, I kinda pity him AND like him, lol. Anyways, he's a must in any SF collection like him or not. I just hate exclusives....

Well, Dan was suppose to be a spoof charcter to Art of Fighting's Ryo and Robert.

At the very early appearance in SF Alpha, Dan is a simple and weak character mocking Ryo and Robert's moves.

He started to have his own personality in SFA2 and then showed up in Puzzle Fighters and Gem Fighters as a more goof character. You can see how much Capcom modified the character if u compare him in SFA3 and SFA.

I dare say that he is the weakest hidden character in fighting games and one of the charaters that has a super taunt :P

Pink = ToyFare exclusive

Blue = SDCC exclusive

I really hope its not the only SDCC SF exclusive for Sota. @grumpy@

Who else do u want to see? I certainly hope they aren't using any of the regular characters as exclusives.

Since they used Cannon Spiker Cammy for exclusive a few years ago. How about Cyber Akuma,Zero Gouki(perhaps too much for an exclusive)

Of course a Cyber Dan will be cool too.

CYBERAKUMA.JPG

• 1 month later...

just got my dan figure in the mail the other day... he looks pretty sweet but crazy beefy compared to my series 1 ryu and series 2 ken... also his hand is very hard to get out as i think the box was hot or something.. im afraid of ripping it out... also his other hand i got out but now i cant put a new one in... it sucks... any suggestions fellas??

i got a colossus about a year ago that had a similar problem where when i twisted it at the wrist region it didnt feel natural, like it was bending and it ended up twisting off with a piece of the plug inside.. if that makes any sense..

oh yeah and dans got a crap ton of accessories. (mostly hands though)

just got my dan figure in the mail the other day... he looks pretty sweet but crazy beefy compared to my series 1 ryu and series 2 ken... also his hand is very hard to get out as i think the box was hot or something.. im afraid of ripping it out... also his other hand i got out but now i cant put a new one in... it sucks... any suggestions fellas??

i got a colossus about a year ago that had a similar problem where when i twisted it at the wrist region it didnt feel natural, like it was bending and it ended up twisting off with a piece of the plug inside.. if that makes any sense..

oh yeah and dans got a crap ton of accessories. (mostly hands though)

Have u tried dipping it in hot water? It should help.

would that help if its already very maliable ?? i just tried using alittle olive oil on the hands to put the one hand that wont go in in and it chipped off paint and wouldnt go in.. and i just realized you mean hot water for the hand thats still stuck.. i will have to try that.. i didnt think to do that.. this sucks this is one of those times i wish this didnt happen because i love dans figure.. i just keep having these crappy problems with it. his belt even came off... as well as his pony tail... at least those can be easily fixed and put back on.