What got you started?

webballs

My "love" for Marvel characters/figures started way back in 75'. With a Mego Thing figure (Thus starting with old Grimmy being my favorite character).

My first M.L. was Captain America (Series 1). I still "kick" myself to this day for passing on Toad.

Let me tell you my story!

I've alvays been into collecting things. When I was little I collected from stickers to comics and smurf figures... everything

My first real action figure was a Storm Shadow G.I. Joe figure. I live in Hungary located at east-Europe (or as we like to say middle-Europe, but that's just silly), so there weren't many action figures in the stores when I was growing up in the 80's. Every cool kid had figures from our neighbour countries, Austira, or Germany.

I remeber how badly I wanted a He-Man, or a Hulk Hogan figure. I saw them on tv, but our toy stores didn't sold them. When ever my relatives went to abroad, I wrote them a list, wich toys I want them to buy, I even drew pictures just to be sure. I never received what I wanted :) But I received some great stuff, I didn't even know, existed back then. Like some cool Transformers, or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I started collecting again when I was 20 or so. Paypal accepted Hungary, so the wonderful world of Ebay was finally mine. I've bought most of my figures on Ebay. Our toy stores are much better now. Last week I've actually found Aternators figures o_O (We're full with Transfomers now, that the movie comes out). But I still have to rely on Ebay. Our stores usually have one-or two Marvel Legends, but never the ones I want :)

I need to ask the ladies such as Web Balls, Black Cat 2006, and Rachel Grey 616: What makes you choose Marvel over the other guys? What were the first ML-based figures that you purchased? What do you hope to see new as an ML figure?

Well, I enjoy DC and used to read some image stuff (mostly spawn). But I've always known marvel, even as a little girl I knew that Spider-Man would always be cooler than Superman because he made jokes in the middle of a fight. I have some DC Direct stuff and a couple of the DC superheros line (aka the superman Batman line) but I will always be a Marvel Girl!

I need to ask the ladies such as Web Balls, Black Cat 2006, and Rachel Grey 616: What makes you choose Marvel over the other guys? What were the first ML-based figures that you purchased? What do you hope to see new as an ML figure?

My cousin and I were really close growing up and he was always a marvel guy. I got into his comics and looked at the pictures before I could read. Then X-men the animated series started and I watched that and started actually reading the comics.

I would really like to see Classic Stom and Marvel Girl in ML. Storm Is probably in HML4. and Marvel Girl Could possibly be Rachel's (who I also want hence my name)varient. Heres to hopin'.

To Rachel Grey 516 & Wb Balls, I love Marvel loving women

here's 2 hoping for a long relationship LOL

I had heard something about HML 4 supposedly having Classic Storm, Black Bolt, and Guardian from Alpha Flight

one can only hope

there so many cool figures to get from Marvel that Hasbro need not milk us with MORE Wolverines, Hulks, and Iron-Man figures

In fact, I got to run ... got to hunt to see if a new shipemnt of HML 2 came in so I can find Quicksivler and YellowJacket (Avengers Assemble all day!!!!)

Twisted Mego Theater got me into these things. I just got done reading the issue where Iron Man got drunk and passed out in the fridge naked around a bunch of empty beer cans. That night I went to wal-mart and saw the series 1 Iron Man on the pegs......the rest was history.

Well, I "started" back in the 60's while watching the Batman TV show and Hanna Barbera cartoons like Jonny Quest, Space Ghost, Birdman, Young Samson etc....and my life-long love affair with superheroes was born.

I was a hobbyist modelmaker in my teens and early adulthood, kind of a way to maintain my love of toys at a time when it was unfashionable to like toys as a teen/adult. I rationalized its was the details I was into and such.

That evolved again in 1985, when I decided to bite the bullet and seek out some of the beloved toys from my childhood. I bought a Corgi 1/43rd scale diecast Batmobile, and then a 12" 1964 painted hair GIJOE, and then a GIJOE RAH Sci-Fi figure--who I was going to modify into a custom Robocop.

Never got around to doing that, and Sci-Fi opened the flood gates. I've been a toy collector ever since.

I've done at least something from every major toy-line except Power Rangers and Wrestling along the way.

Toy-Biz was on my radar right from their very first Batman movie releases. The pleasant suprise was that they seemed to improve with every release--except for the very first DC stuff they did, which were horrible re-casts of Kenner stuff.

Anything Toybiz did that had good articulation, or really good sculpts ( or combos of the two), went into my shopping basket--like the first movie Blade, with its precursor to the ML articulation.

I think in 2000, or 1999, they did the first Spiderman Classics figure, and I just locked onto how posable they were. Now, I thought they were a one-off toy.......that they were not going to do an extensive line of them, mostly because Spiderman was really the only super-articulated figure in the line.

Then they announced Marvel Legends.

Same thought.......this was a one-off line. No way, no how could something "that cool" could last--just wasn't possible I thought.

I traded some Medicom Gatchman figures I had for a set of ML1........and a box of cereal ( long story) and never looked back. Its been 18 waves of so since those heady days and the days are STILL heady for me........loving the figures as much as I did then. I credit the lines with having rekindled my passion for collecting all over again-- I think the product is that good.

i grew up watching reruns of batman with adam west and burt ward, superman with george reeves, wonder woman with linda carter, gosh they were so cheesy, lame and dull.

i do have their dvd sets, and thats pushing it.

i will always be a marvel girl. spiderman is my all time favorite. he kicked superboy's @$$ in mavel vs dc

make mine marvel..... nuff said

funny thing about this... what got me started was actually the movie figures. initially i decided i would only get movie figures in order to keep my collection simple, and the very first ones i got were the SA spidey and gobby from the 1st Spidey movie. but then around about ML series 4 i realized that the ML and related stuff was just too cool, so i started picking all THAT up. and over the years i've gotten ML and Movie figures alike

what's funny about that is that now, after seveal years collecting and having gotten started on movie figures... now i'm getting RID of all my movie figures. :D

Hey! Great idea!

In 2004 I recieved X-Men Legends and Urban Legends as gifts. I thought they were cool, and I had no idea that they were part of something. In 2005 I started to collect the 5 inch X-Men. (Because I wanted figurines of the X-Men) Well eventually I got loads of them, but they weren't as cool as the 6 inch ones. I had no idea there would be so many 6 inch though. A couple of times I passed Colossus and Sabretooth in stores and passed on them. (Regretfully) During the holidays of 2005, I bought Apocalypse because I thought he looked cool. And then I got Brown Costume Wolverine as a gift. I still had no idea how big Marvel Legends was. I looked online and saw that there were some I didn't have. (At first it was just about X-Men) And I wanted to get them all, but it wasn't worth it because why have all of them when there wasn't one of your favorite? In January of 2006 I saw this post of toyfair products. And there was Shadowcat! (My favorite marvel character) So I knew I had to get it, as it looked amazing. So I started collecting like mad. So here I am in 2007, loads of figures both X-Men/Avengers/F4/Spidey etc.

My bro-in-law is an avid doorwarming crazed must have it collector and he purchased a few figures for my son. I bought my son a figure or two and he bought him what was left to build Apocalypse. Then I saw these Icon figures and I bought several to add to my son's collection. I mostly buy him Hot Wheels, but every so often I get for him an Icon figure.

@stoned@

Being an African American I always respected the fact that Marvel gave me heroes of ethnic descent, whom I could identified with as a young tyke on the come up. I had some Megos back then, and a bunch of Black Panther, Cloak & Dagger, Cap & Falcon stories to keep me occupied. Years later I kept seeing ML Punisher, and movie Daredevil at this KB in the mall. Finally I purchased the two thinking that would be it. Thanx to the internet, and you guys, I have over 200 ML's to date, and I have'nt looked back since. This hobby is fantastic!