How Scary is your collecting Habit?

DRS

Here's a list of checkpoints I've compiled, more than 5 and you should really re evaluate your life.

1. You've spent more money on toys in the past month than you have on clothes, going out,food and hygiene products.

2. You still live at home with your parents because otherwise you could not afford your collecting lifestyle

3. You're fat

4. You're fat and balding

5. You're fat, balding and you have a ponytail

6. You're only friends are employees at the stores where you hunt for toys

7. Almost every t-shirt you own has a superhero logo and or super hero on it.

8. You were outraged at the death of Captain America, but the War in Iraq, not such a big deal to you.

9. you play with your toys

10. you make sound effects when you play with your toys.

11. You have a room in your house or apartment devoted entirely to your collection.

12. You have a secret hiding place in every store that you shop for toys.

13. Little kids and their parents look at you funny when they see you in the toy aisle.

14. People who have seen your collection often remark "but why did you buy 5 of the same figure?"

15. You've gone out at 3 in the morning to look for toys.

16. Store managers know you by your first name.

17. You've been fired for hiding toys, holding toys or stealing toys.

18. The only reason you get a job is to buy more toys.

19. You make lists of the toys you wish you did have.

20. You've gotten into a physical fight over someone because of toys.

Shouldn't this be on the list somehere:

Paying $126 for 2 HML variants that will be available everywhere as a running change in about 2 weeks?

@loll@

Uh that would fall under the first one ##$%$#. Also, I'm assuming you scored more than 5 right? Here's another one for you

21. Looking through website posts over 2 days old

3. You're fat-

I've put on about 30 pounds in the past year but I think I'm "Chubby"

11. You have a room in your house or apartment devoted entirely to your collection.

I think we all know I'm guilty of this

13. Little kids and their parents look at you funny when they see you in the toy aisle.

Use to pallet hunt all the time, not so much now

yes I know.......sad

I got into a fist fight several years ago when I went to a comic con with a friend who owed me 20 dollars. I had no money at the time and saw a stealth Iron man for 10 bucks. The jackass would not give me the money I was owed untill he bought all the stuff he wanted. When I came back 20 mins latter with my money it was gone. Violence and blackeyes followed.

3. You're fat-

I've put on about 30 pounds in the past year but I think I'm "Chubby"

I think we all know I'm guilty of this

Use to pallet hunt all the time, not so much now

yes I know.......sad

I got into a fist fight several years ago when I went to a comic con with a friend who owed me 20 dollars. I had no money at the time and saw a stealth Iron man for 10 bucks. The jackass would not give me the money I was owed untill he bought all the stuff he wanted. When I came back 20 mins latter with my money it was gone. Violence and blackeyes followed.

I would have kicked my friends ass for a stealth iron man too hunter. Luckily I just spent alot of money on an ebay auction for it and avoided a confrontation. Also I'm guilty of

1,11, and 15

Yeah Im thinking getting one off the bay as well but with it hitting 150 at times I'm holding back on the urge for now. Come to think of it I have been guilty of number 1 as well.

Paying $126 for 2 HML variants that will be available everywhere as a running change in about 2 weeks?

@loll@

Uh that would fall under the first one ##$%$#. Also, I'm assuming you scored more than 5 right? Here's another one for you

Nice try, but I didn't have to go look anything up. I saw the post, saw your name and said to myself "oh yeah, that's the same dildo from the other thread who thought he was cool and started that thread about overpaying for those POS figures and completely got ripped for it." It was pretty easy, actually.

@loll@

Nice try, but I didn't have to go look anything up. I saw the post, saw your name and said to myself "oh yeah, that's the same dildo from the other thread who thought he was cool and started that thread about overpaying for those POS figures and completely got ripped for it." It was pretty easy, actually.

ugh, I called myself on it, and so did you and so did everyone else in the other post. Thank you for bringing that post over here because I'm sure you feel real good about yourself when you fight through posts. May I remind you that I'm not the one who brought up the price, actually no one even answered my question which was the original post. I asked if anyone had seen them here in the states and some douche, probably you, brought up the price. So if anyone else wants to point out what I already pointed out about finding them here as soon as I paid an ungodly sum for two figures then why don't you just go back to last weeks post and add it there. Anyway, why don't you just admit how many of these you are and be done with it? I'm guessing you have a goatee right? Do you work at a video store.....I bet you do.

Oh, and I don't think I'm cool,I know I'm cool, my mom said so

at least 4 for me lol...

THese ones made me laugh

3. You're fat

:D

I don't see what any of the above has to do with collecting ? Infact I'd say they have nothing what so ever to do with it, people who are the above would be that way either way :D

@loll@

ugh, I called myself on it, and so did you and so did everyone else in the other post. Thank you for bringing that post over here because I'm sure you feel real good about yourself when you fight through posts. May I remind you that I'm not the one who brought up the price, actually no one even answered my question which was the original post. I asked if anyone had seen them here in the states and some douche, probably you, brought up the price. So if anyone else wants to point out what I already pointed out about finding them here as soon as I paid an ungodly sum for two figures then why don't you just go back to last weeks post and add it there. Anyway, why don't you just admit how many of these you are and be done with it? I'm guessing you have a goatee right? Do you work at a video store.....I bet you do.

Somebody would have probably answered your question if they weren't so busy clowning on you for getting raped on a couple of crappy figures that will be everywhere soon. And actually, none of your list applies to me because I don't collect figures anymore (I actually collect statues). Just like to come in and keep up w/ what's going on and flame the occasional dumbass noob such as yourself.

I guess #1 would apply to me (for statues, not toys) as I have spent about $1500 in the last 45 days or so on statues and have another $3000+ in preorders for stuff that will be released in the next 6 months or so. #11 would also apply I suppose (although I refer to that as an "office" since I have my PC and all my books in there, the reality is 90% of the room is for my collection, lol). The rest doesn't apply to me because you can't buy statues at retail stores, I'm not fat, not bald, no facial hair, I own my own house, etc. As for where I work...feel free to PM if you want to compare how much we make. You seemed to come up w/ quite a lengthy list there rather easily...you sure most of that doesn't apply to you?

@loll@

Somebody would have probably answered your question if they weren't so busy clowning on you for getting raped on a couple of crappy figures that will be everywhere soon. And actually, none of your list applies to me because I don't collect figures anymore (I actually collect statues). Just like to come in and keep up w/ what's going on and flame the occasional dumbass noob such as yourself.

I guess #1 would apply to me (for statues, not toys) as I have spent about $1500 in the last 45 days or so on statues and have another $3000+ in preorders for stuff that will be released in the next 6 months or so. #11 would also apply I suppose (although I refer to that as an "office" since I have my PC and all my books in there, the reality is 90% of the room is for my collection, lol). The rest doesn't apply to me because you can't buy statues at retail stores, I'm not fat, not bald, no facial hair, I own my own house, etc. As for where I work...feel free to PM if you want to compare how much we make. You seemed to come up w/ quite a lengthy list there rather easily...you sure most of that doesn't apply to you?

See for yourself j*rkoff, this is getting fun.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=46758336

@loll@

See for yourself jerkoff, this is getting fun.

careful about the whole jerkoff comment, you dont want to get banned.

Group: Members

Member No.: 12036

My 5 are:

14. People who have seen your collection often remark "but why did you buy 5 of the same figure?"

My wife wants to post her view.

Comments from a toy widow:

9. It's not the ones he plays with that bother me. It's the closetfuls that never see the light of day.

10. Making sound effects is better than the built-in sound effects that never stop.

11. We have a small house, so I am allowed to keep my clothes and sleep in the toy room. I suppose I am lucky, in some way, because not every woman can wake up to a USS Flagg and Cobra Terrordrome. Forget crystal or fancy dishes or ceramic figures, the curio in MY living room houses Marvel Legends and Masters of the Universe. Over our television? Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes swords. In the bathroom? Halo. Don't even ask where all the Star Wars toys are because I don't think I want to know.

13. Little kids and their parents DO look at us funny in the toy aisle.

14. If only it stopped at five. Ask him how many clones he has. Seriously, ask.

15. I've been SENT on missions to look for toys.

18. Despite the mediocre working conditions and terrible pay, I think he secretly wishes I had never left Toys R Us.

19. I've found detailed lists of G.I. Joe figures, including years and weapons and vehicles. We practically had a spreadsheet to keep track of the Marvel BAF's. And if you count it as a list, our eBay watch page is pretty impressive.

Just a Daredevil shirt and a crusty old He-man.org Skeletor shirt

Guilty

Guilty

Toy room/ He-Man museum/ Office. I also have a room dedicated to my gym and equipment (I have 6 rooms total in this house)

Nope. They watch me chase down my 20-month-old through the store

More like midnight or 1AM (pre-baby days)

Nope. No toys in my line of work. Plus I have no need to steal.

My wife might think so

The original post seems kind of condescending, but you have to realize that not everyone who collects toys is the stereotypical geek or nerd. Some, like myself are pretty successful individuals and closet geeks. I have a beautiful wife; a son; house in PR and a condo in Miami. I'm in great shape and not a pasty out of shape couch potato. Ever since 40-year-old Virgin came out, all kinds of people are trying to act clever with the collecting community.

this post definitely seems condescending but whatever, people can think what they want. I only fit one of these and its the midnight toy runs... I only do that when i come home to visit my friends in ohio. What the hell else are we going to do at 2 in the morning? sleep? who does that? especially when im only home for a week.

@loll@

See for yourself j*rkoff, this is getting fun.

What was I supposed to "see for myself" from that? Your garage band??? Should I head to itunes now or later?

P.S.-

Please stop butchering the Spider-man theme song. Thanks :)

1. You've spent more money on toys in the past month than you have on clothes, going out,food and hygiene products.

2. You still live at home with your parents because otherwise you could not afford your collecting lifestyle

3. You're fat

2 shirts

8. You were outraged at the death of Captain America, but the War in Iraq, not such a big deal to you.

yes

yes I do. Frankly if your gonna play with em I think it would be silly to do it in silence

Yes, but it's also my office

No, but I know were to check for other people's secret hiding places.

as for those of you fighting in this thread, chill out. Is it really something worth getting upset about? Course there may be one more to add to the list. ;)

21. You spend lots of time on toy message boards thinking of ways to piss off other people on toy message boards.

3 out of 20.

But, if I don't get back to the gym soon, it'll be 4 out of 20. Damm finals and damm ebay steriods ,were's my deca, debol, and winstral at?!#!## @smilepunch@

No, but I know were to check for other people's secret hiding places.

Best answer yet @loll@ @loll@

Well, let''s just answer these for the fun of it..........

Actually...........yes! I don't need to buy clothes on a monthly basis ( who really does????), and I stock up on hygiene products and food pretty much every three weeks or so in my household (I have a big freezer),--I don't NEED to go anywhere as I live in a rural location.

I haven't live at home since before you were put on this planet.

3. You're fat

But I can diet.

See above, and what does hair-loss have to do with this?

Never had a pony-tail in my life--but I've grabbed a few.....

Oh please.......try harder

7. Almost every t-shirt you own has a superhero logo and or super hero on it. I'm paid to do stuff like that.

Some do, and some have characters of my own creation on them.

Reverse the thought and you've nailed it.

I enjoy my toys. I'm PAID to play with my toys. Seriously.

Some of my toys make their own sound effects just fine, thank you.

Yup. I do.

Its also my studio space where I work, and where I enjoy other hobbies like modelmaking and diorama building.

I don't need to hide stuff in stores that I shop in--the retailers bring me out what I ask for if its not on the pegs. Seriously.

I don't care if people look at me funny. I'm to busy looking AT THEM funny.

Because I wanted more than one...........why did you buy more than one can of spaghetti sauce??

I'm asleep at 3am. Unless I'm working in my studio.

Yes, they do. I spend a lot of money in their stores, and its just a nice courtesy. After all, some of that money goes into THEIR pockets.

I've been HIRED because of toys--no kidding.

Well, when I make enough in 6 months to cover the rest fo the year, yea.......any jobs in the remaining six months do tend to be so I can finance ENJOYING life some more. And that means things like toys.

Sometimes, yep. I makes lists of all sorts of things...........saves having to remember things.

Yes, back in 1968. I was 6 years old.

What I'm really curious about though, is how you would think that these "checkpoints" would require someone to re-evaluate their life? I guess it means your own rules about things are somewhat limited. That's a pity I suppose because there really are whole other perspectives about life that are worth exploring and enjoying. Assuming toy-collectors have deep-seated faults because they enjoy their hobby is pretty shallow thinking, but that's just my opinion.