Got my Green Quicksilver and Dark Phoenix

DRS

Hey Guys, well I took a chance on a new seller to ebay for a green quicksilver and dark phoenix hasbro legends variants

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260112746023

and boy am I glad I did! I got them in the mail today from Singapore. He also had a gold yellowjacket which was a seperate auction. Now I'm sure that this is going to be the time that they'll start popping up everywhere has anyone seen them in the U.S. yet?

So you spent $126 total on 2 figures that are supposed to be in ALL the upcoming revision cases, not even true variants, but as running changes. Why?! I know it's not really my place to judge how other people spend their money, but stuff like this is why scalpers still think it's a great idea to make it harder for us to find toys at retail. And even if you're bound and determined to put some Hotwheels skeez's kids through college, if you'd just been able to wait until they started to hit the states before feeding the scalpers on evil-bay you'd probably could've gotten them both for under $50.

What is the mentality behing having to be one of the first people to get them, no matter the cost?

So you spent $126 total on 2 figures that are supposed to be in ALL the upcoming revision cases, not even true variants, but as running changes. Why?! I know it's not really my place to judge how other people spend their money, but stuff like this is why scalpers still think it's a great idea to make it harder for us to find toys at retail. And even if you're bound and determined to put some Hotwheels skeez's kids through college, if you'd just been able to wait until they started to hit the states before feeding the scalpers on evil-bay you'd probably could've gotten them both for under $50.

What is the mentality behing having to be one of the first people to get them, no matter the cost?

Dude you sound like my wife nagging at me. Anyway yeah I spent that amount and I'm not saying it was smart. But I don't have the time to hunt toys down every day and waste time doing it. I spent way too much on two figures and I'm sure I'll regret it somewhere down the line but I figure things even out sometimes. Such as when you pick up the toys you think suck (toad series 1) and then find out that if you got them now you'll be paying around $75 bucks or so. Or buying a case of toys (Legends series 8) and then being pleasantly surprised when you find every single variant and chase figure in one box. As far as availability of hasbro blob series goes, I haven't seen any variants anywhere and when you don't see the variants in the first shipments, it's pretty likely that they'll be hard to find later on. Oh and I don't know what it is about having to get something when it first comes out but that's how I am and trust me, I know it's not a good thing.

p.s. and trust me the people that work at wherever it is you go hunt down your toys don't think very highly of you. I heard a couple of the employees at a toys r us talking about how one of those "loser collector guys" comes in every day to be a pain in the ass. I don't know about you but I don't wanna be known as one of those guys.

Nice haul man! Spend your $$$ however you want. Trust me many people think buying toys (action figures) for retail is a waste of money and laugh at us for doing it. So should we laugh at you for buying toys at a higher price unless we want to get laughed at ourselves by others?

p.s. and trust me the people that work at wherever it is you go hunt down your toys don't think very highly of you. I heard a couple of the employees at a toys r us talking about how one of those "loser collector guys" comes in every day to be a pain in the ass. I don't know about you but I don't wanna be known as one of those guys.

You said some other really funny stuff before this in your reply but there's no point in having a debate over it. However, as for the last part that I quoted:

1. What makes you think he would care what some kid making $7 an hour thinks about anything, toy-collectors or otherwise?

2. And you are trying to prevent being known as "loser collector guy" so you decided to go with "sap who pays 10 times retail on figures that will be peg-warmers in two weeks so I can come on TNI to try to brag but instead get flamed guy?"

Good choice there @loll@

If you are happy with your purchase (you sounded pretty happy to me) then who cares what anyone has to say.......I like to find stuff at retail too (who doesn't), but far be it from me to disrespect you for spending your (your) money (that YOU worked for) on something that brings you pleasure.......

Enjoy your purchase! You paid for the privilege.

Hey enjoy your purchases. I am sure you worked hard to make the money to spend it on osmething you enjoy. F the haters just because they dont have or dont make the same amount of money. Perhaps they lack the commitment you do on REALLY wanting something that will make you happy. I could care less about other peoples collections, but I am all for working hard to spend your money on something that trully makes you happy. Also if you balance your spending with entertainment/spending on the wife near the same amounts, she really shouldn't have any room to complain. Her own guilt for being spoiled by you will take care of any ideas she may have about saying something about your spending. However she would have valid points if you are taking money from bills or food from her or your childrens mouths to buy toys. That of course would be stupid and I would hope you never consider something along those lines. Myself, I work a sales route and have plenty of time to hunt for toys, find variants, and rare items and offer them for trade or sale. I go to ebay and get figures I want when I get frustrated or tired of looking for them. ENJOY YOUR MONEY AND YOUR TOYS! You earned it bro.

First off, I buy about half of my stuff on-line and don't hunt that often. There are only a couple of employees I talk to at TRU, one is a friend of mine, the other collects McFarlane stuff and doesn't judge. And frankly, if they did judge me I wouldn't really care. If your self worth is based on what some lowly stock boy working a crappy retail job thinks of you, there's a whole other set of issues going on. The first part of the argument you made before this "p.s." I can take, fine, but this part hurts your cause.

And BTW, you could've gotten an entire case of HML2 with all the variants, without hunting, and without supporting scalpers for less than you paid for 2 figures if you'd had patience:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo...mber=HMV78100B1

You can order on-line without feeling like a geek and without getting ripped off.

Dude, I got this bridge in Brooklyn I'm selling cheap, if you're interested...

@smilepunch@

To quote the great Jimmy Buffett...

"Spend it while you can

Money's contraband

You can't take it with you when you go,

Spend it while you can

before they take it from your hand

there's no rewrite

in this Carnival World"

F the haters just because they dont have or dont make the same amount of money. Perhaps they lack the commitment you do on REALLY wanting something that will make you happy.

Yeah, that's it. Everybody here is just poor and jealous. Nice argument. @poop#

Should we tell him that if he'd exercised a little patience, by mid-summer he could have got them both at WalMart for $15??

Or would that be mean?

...conflicted...

OH, what the heck?!

Hey, DRS!!!

Did you know that if you'd only exercised a little patience, by mid-summer you could have got them both at WalMart for $15??

@loll@

Well I really don't see why anyone who wasn't my family would be upset or angry at what I spend on myself. But while most of you guys are up at wal-mart at 3 in the morning I'll be partying it up with my wife and friends while we play drinking games and play guitar hero on xbox on a 50 inch plasma tv,

suck it haters

suck it long

and suck it hard

Hey DRS, are you the one that bought the variant Psylocke & Cage??

Nope, but I wish I would have. The only reason I didn't is because we're saving up for a trip to Orlando this summer. I might be a sap, but I have limits.

Suck it haters

Suck it long

Suck it even harder

Hey, I got this email from Nigeria today and they said they need to transfer $100 million into a U.S. bank account and I can get 10% just for helping them out! I don't have time to do it, but I can forward it to you if you like...

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@

Dude you sound like my wife nagging at me. Anyway yeah I spent that amount and I'm not saying it was smart. But I don't have the time to hunt toys down every day and waste time doing it. I spent way too much on two figures and I'm sure I'll regret it somewhere down the line but I figure things even out sometimes. Such as when you pick up the toys you think suck (toad series 1) and then find out that if you got them now you'll be paying around $75 bucks or so. Or buying a case of toys (Legends series 8) and then being pleasantly surprised when you find every single variant and chase figure in one box. As far as availability of hasbro blob series goes, I haven't seen any variants anywhere and when you don't see the variants in the first shipments, it's pretty likely that they'll be hard to find later on. Oh and I don't know what it is about having to get something when it first comes out but that's how I am and trust me, I know it's not a good thing.

whats funny in your answer sounds like you are thinking about holding onto the pieces of junk in the hope they will increase in value?

they will be everywhere and be worth no more than retail, should have listened to your wife.

My grandmother in Romania needs an operation.

I'm soliciting funds from everyone and anyone who may be able to help.

DRS...can you send me a check for $5,000? For my grandmother?? My sweet babu...<sob>...

And can you make it out to "Cash"?

Multumesc!! (That's "Thanks!"...in Romanian...)

PS And while you're at it, can you find some dates for my friends??