Guesses for 2008

Rama Sha

Now that we've seen the cardbacks and have guessed the 10 remaining figures for 2007. What do you think the first wave of 2008 will contain. Here are my guesses.

Spirit

Hawk V2

Recondo

Major Bludd

Either Crimson Guard or a Viper for the first Troop Builder of 2008. I think it's a toss up because they are both very popular.

Those are my picks...*Puts his dollar in the pool. *

Here my guesses...

Tiger Force Duke

Tiger Force Flint

Tiger Force Roadblock

Spirit

Tunnel Rat

Torch

Ripper

Baroness in Blue

Major Bludd

Tomax

Xamot

I won't guess, because Hasbro will always do what's feasible with trademarks, retools, and the like. What I *hope* to see in 2008 are 20 more new sculpts (one full wave a quarter) and repaints to fill in the downtime between those waves.

Since Hasbro's already doing all my most favorite Joes (Duke, Snakes, Stalker, Scarlett, Roadblock, Gung-Ho, and Shipwreck), my second tier choices (Flint, Lady Jaye, and Beachhead), amd are toying with guys like Billy and Doc for special promotions, I'm gonna pray for the rest of my ideal Joe team:

- Hawk

- Spirit

- Tunnel Rat

- Falcon

- Wild Bill

- Ripcord

- Cover Girl

- Ace

- Rock'n Roll

- Clutch

I also hope we see representation from the modern Joes that have made a real impact on the brand:

- Kamakura

- Barrel Roll

- Bombstrike

- Hi-Tech

And for Cobra, there's very few characters I Need to see, but the line wouldn't feel complete without:

- Dr. Venom

- Major Bludd

- Tomax and Xamot

- Scrap Iron

- Ripper

- Torch

- Zanya

- Black Out

And for complete blue-sky "never in a million years" dream figures:

- Sgt. Savage

- Dodger

- Dr. Knox

- Vypra

Here my guesses...

Tiger Force Duke

Tiger Force Flint

Tiger Force Roadblock

Spirit

Tunnel Rat

Torch

Ripper

Baroness in Blue

Major Bludd

Tomax

Xamot

Good repaint guesses. My guess for first army builder repaint is Cobra Officer as Stinger Driver :)

Ironically, what I'm most curious about are all those figs that were never available single-carded, like a Serpentor or a Hooded Cobra Commander. Or a Stinger Driver.

My guess for first army builder repaint is Cobra Officer as Stinger Driver :)

Hmmmmmm...

f52096c3.jpg

...ME TOO!!

;)

Heh :)

Post your mock-up here too!

As for Tiger-Force and Python Patrol...

What if they released them as 5 packs? Another thing they do with Star Wars is Battle Packs, as you well know. Maybe Hasbro isn't confident that Tiger Force or Python Patrol repaints would sell as single carded figures? Let's see what they can do with what they have right-this-moment:

Tiger Force 5-Pack

Duke

Flint

Roadblock

Stalker

Beachead or Snake Eyes? (don't kill me)

Python Patrol

Cobra Trooper

Cobra Officer

Ninja Viper

Firefly

and? Baroness??? (no way?) lol

You probably noticed there are some names there that don't belong. Well, it would be a nice experiment though. As has been said previously: it's like re-writing history.

Obviously, we'd all prefer a Python Patrol 5 pack to include figures like the Crimson Guard or the Viper.

Well, provided they don't do Tiger Force, Phython Patrol or Night Force till they have more molds, I (for one) wouldn't be against Hasbro releasing them as "team multipacks". And that's the whole point of this post, actually :)

Heh :)

Post your mock-up here too!

Sure!

stinger2ll3.png

Of course, what would REALLY cause a fan-GASM, would be one of those with one of THESE...

stingerjeepxp7.png

:)

Yeah, I think we'll see a Tiger Force/Python Patrol 5-pack, consisting of Duke, Roadblock, Cobra Officer, and two Cobra Troopers. Maybe this is wishful thinking on my part, but they have catered to army-builders in the past.

For new figures, I'm thinking:

Hawk V2

Tomax and Xamot (probably in a two-pack, as many buyers might think they're the same figure in single packs)

Major Bludd

Crimson Guard

Viper

Grunt (using SE/Stalker parts)

Breaker (ditto)

Torch

Ripper (to finish off the original three Dreadnoks)

Bazooka

Alpine

Snow Job (although the name might be a problem, which would be too bad since he'd be an awesome figure)

Tunnel Rat (Hasbro likes him, and he's a fan favourite)

I'd like to see a whole lot more, too. One thing I'd like is a Televiper with a backpack that lets him hook up his scanner to it, so he can hold an actual weapon too.

Snow Job (although the name might be a problem, which would be too bad since he'd be an awesome figure)

I'd love to see him as well! Maybe they could label him as Arctic Trooper on the front and Snow Job only on his file card.

I'd also like to see:

Torpedo

Clutch

Breaker

Wild Bill

Mutt

Alpine

Bazooka

If Hasbro gets the WWE license back then I think a sgt Slaughter would be a gimme.

Id love to also see a Quick Kick but he seems to be way off Hasbros radar.

My Guesses are:

Viper

Twins

Bludd

Jinx

Spirit

Hawk

Rock N Roll

Grand Slam

If Hasbro gets the WWE license back then I think a sgt Slaughter would be a gimme.

Is that something that's in the works? (The wrestling thing I mean.)

I'd love to see a Quick Kick too, actually. Here's hoping!

I'd also just like to go on the record that I do NOT want to see figures like Kamakura, Hi-Tech, Bombstrike, etc. At least, not until this line is long underway, maybe in 3+ years or so. I just think they have plenty of old school characters to take care of in the meantime. I wouldn't mind the odd Cobra de Aco or Quarrel thrown in the mix for fun, if they're going to do Satan in this first wave.

I'll be happy if any of the following show up in 2008:

Breaker

Flash

Grunt

Rock N' Roll

Short Fuze

Zap

Clutch

Steeler

Hawk V1

Grand Slam

Major Bludd

Airborne

Doc

Snow Job

Torpedo

Tripwire

Ace

Cover Girl

HISS Driver

Wild Bill

Blowtorch

Mutt & Junkyard

Recondo

Ripcord

Scrap Iron

Spirit

Copperhead

Deep Six

Cutter

Stinger Driver

Thunder

Wild Weasel

Airtight

Alpine

Bazooka

Barbecue

Crimson Guard

Dusty

Eels

Footloose

Quick Kick

Ripper

Snow Serpent

Tele -Viper

Tomax

Xamot

Torch

Crankcase

Frostbite

Heavy Metal

Keel-Haul

Lamprey

Toll Booth

Sgt. Slaughter

BAT

Dr Mindbender

Dial Tone

Hawk v 2

Iceberg

Leatherneck

Lifeline

Low Light

Mainframe

Monkeywrench

Sci Fi

Viper

Wetsuit

Zandar

Zarana

AVAC

Cross Country

Lift Ticket

Motor Viper

Slipstream

Strato-Viper

Thrasher

Falcon

Jinx

Mercer

I'd also just like to go on the record that I do NOT want to see figures like Kamakura, Hi-Tech, Bombstrike, etc. At least, not until this line is long underway, maybe in 3+ years or so. I just think they have plenty of old school characters to take care of in the meantime.

100% agree!

I'd also just like to go on the record that I do NOT want to see figures like Kamakura, Hi-Tech, Bombstrike, etc. At least, not until this line is long underway, maybe in 3+ years or so. I just think they have plenty of old school characters to take care of in the meantime.

100% agree!

same here

I don't want anything beyond the movie at least until this lines been around for a bit

Well can't me in the group that Does want the stalls (all 3) kamakura and Hi-tech in the mix. Not only would i love em, Kids would recognize them. Hi-tech doesn't really count, but the others are all great characters that i'd love to see, that being said, i doubt we will get them. I also don't want to see stinkers such as Dr. Mindbender who are just simply too dated to appear now, but i'd say he has a better chance.

My Biggest wants that i think are likely are:

Hawk

Tunnel Rat

Major Bludd

Bat

Dr. Venom

Wild Bill

Spirit (but I want a little update here, that orginal uniform stunk imo)

Viper

Iron Grenider

Monkeywrench

I didn't list Cg cause i think that has an excellent oppertunity to be in a 5-pack. Xamot Tamox and 3 Cgs or maybe even Crimson Baroness and 2 Cgs. (sound familiar? )

I'd say Night Force will win out of Tiger force, i certinatly hope so anyways.

NF:

Duke

Stalker

LJ

Beachead

Tunnel Rat

I'd also love to see machete and munita get made in the new style though i'm not sure how they would fit in.

Is that something that's in the works? (The wrestling thing I mean.)

Yes, there is quite a lot of speculation that Hasbro might end up with the WWE liscence. But Jakks is trying to work out the deal with the WWE to keep it.

I also don't want to see stinkers such as Dr. Mindbender who are just simply too dated to appear now, but i'd say he has a better chance.

Dr. Mindbender is one I'd want for sure. Sure, he's over the top, but no more than Zartan, any of the Dreadnoks, or Destro. I don't see why you'd call him "dated" - it's not like that's what scientists wore back in the '80s! ;)

If you don't like him, that's cool, but you've got that pretty awesome (one of the few) VVV version of him - it's time for 1986 style in this line! Bring it on Hasbro!

I think I'd be fine with a Dr. Venom mail-away or something, though, now that you mention it.