OT but related. F-4 Phantom II & Platoon figures.

boogerviper

I was just browsing the other 1:18 toy lines and saw that 21st Century is going to finally release the 1:18 scale Platoon figures that they showed off a couple of years back. They also put up painted photos of a Phantom II they are doing that look great.

Also turns out there is a new company, Admiral Toys, that is supposed to be doing another Phantom soon as well.

Still hoping for that 21st A-10 sometime and a realistic Hind.

http://www.21stcenturytoys.com/area21/arti....asp?newsID=258

They also have info on an upcoming 1/18th scale B-25 Mitchell WWII Bomber. Its gonna be huge!

Also, check out this store site, and no, I have no connection with them whatsoever. They have pics to several other WWII, Korea, and Vietnam era 1/18th scale planes. I'm stoked about the AD-1 Skyraider!

http://www.militarytoyshop.com/prodtype.as...PageHistory=cat

http://www.21stcenturytoys.com/area21/arti....asp?newsID=258

They also have info on an upcoming 1/18th scale B-25 Mitchell WWII Bomber. Its gonna be huge!

Also, check out this store site, and no, I have no connection with them whatsoever. They have pics to several other WWII, Korea, and Vietnam era 1/18th scale planes. I'm stoked about the AD-1 Skyraider!

http://www.militarytoyshop.com/prodtype.as...PageHistory=cat

A B-25 in 1:18 scale is pretty frickin sweet. Still, I wish they did more modern jets than the # they've done.

Too bad they never released it. I waited patiently for that, only for it to never materialize. :(

Interesting coincidence, for me at least, on the F-4 Phantom:

About 30 years ago, Scale Modeller magazine had a feature article on a 1/32nd scale Revell F-4 Phantom II model that had me just drooling. Its was a work up of an 'Nam F4E, and was a Col. Ritchie's plane..........which just so happens to be the same as this 21C jet. Not saying there's any connection between the two, but for me its a nice coincidence.

Now, 1/32nd scale is still a pretty big kit, but this thing will be TWICE the size.

I'm going to have to seriously think about this one, as the long-nose Phantoms always were my favourite fighter jets.

I love 21st Century's 1/18th line. I use to collect it, but getting new figures in my area was almost impossible, and most of the vehicles are still the old Motorworks one. But it's nice to see a company that doesn't accept that toy dogma that large vehicels won't sell and thus shouldn't be made.