Famosa's MARVEL WORLD line playsets

Fujis

Hey guys. I was hoping someone here might own one of the playsets from Famosa's MARVEL WORLD line and would be willing to take some pics - hopefully with some Minimates for a size reference. I'm looking to add some playsets to my collection and I like the look of these but I think they may be too large to use with Minimates since the Marvel World figs are almost 4" tall.

Thanks!

What in the hell? Those looks awesome! I've never heard of them before. What's the skinny on these, price point, where to buy, any pics? Neat!

What's the skinny on these, price point, where to buy, any pics? Neat!

If you click on the link in the first post, then go to the "Marvel World" link in the "Brands" section you can see multiple pics of each set along with price ranges. There is no info on where to purchase the sets on the Famosa website itself. I have sent emails off to the head offices in Spain, as well as to the UK and Paris branches but I haven't heard anything yet.

So, if this is the first time people are hearing of these I suppose my chances of getting pics before I buy them are slim...

My guess would be they're only going to be found over in Europe, but looking at the size of these things (and I could be wrong, I hate thinking in the metric system) are smaller then minimates. But they are pretty cool lokking and I could see something like this going over pretty well in the USA.

...but looking at the size of these things (and I could be wrong, I hate thinking in the metric system) are smaller then minimates.

The Marvel World figures are 3 3/4" tall and Minimates are only 2". I think these might be a little too large and dwarf the Minimates if they were displayed together but that's why I'm trying to track down some comparison pics - 'cause they look so damn cool!

Those do indeed look interesting. I've never seen them around in the UK before, though. If I see em I'll let ya know!

I've never seen them around in the UK before, though. If I see em I'll let ya know!

Thanks Blackheart! Apparantly there's a Famosa branch in Nottingham, although I have no idea whether they sell the products there. If you feel like ringing them up the phone number is (44) 115 9638 333... ;)

I'll make sure to do that when I have time. :)

I'll make sure to do that when I have time. :)

I was just kidding but if you do get around to calling them it would be much appreciated!

On a side note - I had a french-speaking friend of mine call the Paris office and apparantly no retailers n France have ordered the playsets.